Resource icon

Fallout 2 mod Last Hope mod v1.086

As for music in the game, could you list which trancks i am sepose to unpack from master.dat in order for music to work ingame? I mean the maps do have some music files set to be played right?
Music isn't pulled from master.dat. A full install is exe, cfg, critter.dat, master.dat and data/sound/music... (music files). Fo2 does run w/o music files. Anyway, you would need to copy those over from your original install.

Music isn't pulled from master.dat. A full install is exe, cfg, critter.dat, master.dat and data/sound/music... (music files). Fo2 does run w/o music files. Anyway, you would need to copy those over from your original install.

and so I did.. worked like a charm.
Anyways pushed the 1.084 playthrough a little.. so far no problems with metal armor guard in Golden Valley. seemes like a decently bugless experience mostly..

I could perhaps talk about Jonathan and him giving me the same quest to fetch accountbook "twice" the second time is after talking to him agin upon completion of his quest quest (turning in the account book print or copy).

got some sad news.. i managed to break few quests agin..

First i re-enabled for the second time Johnatan's quest about silting's account book. I had all 3 sources of info: computer print, xerox print and original accountbook, and somehow after finishing that quest, i talked to johnathan about more work, and he re-enabled that quest for me.

also i can't copy Golden Valley base weapon plans for Eddie, i'm too late quest wise for Aston to copy the plans ( help prisoner quest), and the xerox machine doesn't seem to work. it says error copying the plans, and eddie does not accept the originals, so killing eddie and matthew is on hold (playing 1.084)

I decided to try this and so far i have to say congratulations to the author/team, the world feels large and the player has a lot to explore in the many communities he comes across. The town maps are very dense visually and awesome but sometimes i got a bit overwhelmed and frustrated that i couldn't find stuff as easy.
I like the the new weapon images on a lot of the weapons, i like the vehicles from FOT (i assume) though i didn't buy any so far and am kind regretting it now with the four month timer. I don't get the HP and DR buff to enemies but am not to bothered i read that on easy difficulty these are taken away, so next character is Easy Pete.
I didn't get far in the main story so cant comment too much atm but side quests i like the themes of.

Thank you for making/sharing this TC with us. I will comment further once i complete a run.

Some quest info i need feedback on by anyone in the know i will leave bellow:

Can anything be done with this well, is it enterable?
LH Well.JPG

Miners town:
Track down "deal" of esc.prisoners: I went to Philton and spoke to bar lady there that some strange people come to her bar at night, tried waiting on map till night, tried leaving map and entering when night falls on world map - cant find them...
Farmers Town:
Darek needs 10 H.rifles and 15 stimis, weapon seller mentioned some large shipment somone bought but i didnt come across it so far.
Who robed Jack - tree guys in purple robes but how to find them?
Golden valley:
Arrest local drunk, fight ensues every dialog option am i just to hit him untill low HP couse Junk seller attacks me as soon as drunk initiates combat, i remmember previosly that he stole book from librarioan but cant seem to be able to bring it up as proof, what do?
Duntown:
Biogel from UMB, where to get gas mask/suit?
Philtown:
Check on Jackie - she eloped with some guy, i picked second/make fun line when talking to Red about it and i guess he wont talk to me now. Is it still posible to find her?
Edie wants 10k from Red, i cant talk to Red but i also cant pay instead of him. Any solution?
Canville:
How to optimise ore procesor machine?

Miners town:
Track down "deal" of esc.prisoners: I went to Philton and spoke to bar lady there that some strange people come to her bar at night, tried waiting on map till night, tried leaving map and entering when night falls on world map - cant find them...

when talking to the philton bartender you need to buy a drik and bribe her in order to get to know where they went ( Canville) this is the main quest anyways

Farmers Town:
Darek needs 10 H.rifles and 15 stimis, weapon seller mentioned some large shipment somone bought but i didnt come across it so far.

Quincy the merchant tells you to go to organization called bulls ( on the same map) and in their basement they have a stash. prepare to bribe the stash's guard in order to get to the hunting rifles

Who robed Jack - tree guys in purple robes but how to find them?
when You've talked to gordon in his den ( a manhole near bulls's building) you'll know abou falcon brothers, leave town and go to small village talk to merchant there during the day and get to know that falcon brothers show up at night, leave viillage and travel a bit to enter at night. talk to falcon brothers pay and find out that it was gordon all he time. go to farmer's town gordon's stash is inside the shack in his den you need to blow up the door ( be carefull gordon gets pissed when you do that and he is vital townsfolk if attacked the town goes berzerk)

Golden valley:
Arrest local drunk, fight ensues every dialog option am i just to hit him untill low HP couse Junk seller attacks me as soon as drunk initiates combat, i remmember previosly that he stole book from librarioan but cant seem to be able to bring it up as proof, what do?

the book has to be stolen from crazy bob prior to putting him into jail. this quest does not involve unarmed skill, you need to have a gun with you and choose the options about pointing him with the gun, boogieman reerences cause him a heart attack and unarmed options lead to open fight.

Duntown:
Biogel from UMB, where to get gas mask/suit?

No suit needed viruses have long died down, there's only some radiation in the levels below, but nothing rad-x or radaway couldn't hanndle, take a good armor with you cause the militia and the robots pack quite a punch.

Philtown:
Check on Jackie - she eloped with some guy, i picked second/make fun line when talking to Red about it and i guess he wont talk to me now. Is it still posible to find her?

You've fucked up, wrong dialog line, when pissed red doesn't talk to you anymore. load an earlier save and try agin

Edie wants 10k from Red, i cant talk to Red but i also cant pay instead of him. Any solution?

You need to do jackie errand for red and be polite to him or rred won't talk to you anymore or even attack.

Canville:
How to optimise ore procesor machine?

this is done together with the machine fixing. when you've already got the *correct* part you need to tell lary you'll install the part yourself, when you do that the optimization gets crossed out too.

He there,
I know i am lame but i ran into a missing item at the very beginning. In the prison probe after the unarmed and melee test i have found only 3 rocks - but no any item in the room where those terminals are in line. I went steb-by-step in the room , killed the two ants but found nothing. What am i doing wrong or missing?

He there,
I know i am lame but i ran into a missing item at the very beginning. In the prison probe after the unarmed and melee test i have found only 3 rocks - but no any item in the room where those terminals are in line. I went steb-by-step in the room , killed the two ants but found nothing. What am i doing wrong or missing?
Hello there fellow wastelander. Here's a tip that may hep you out, from my walkthrough (not yet available):
1. You can speak to guardian but he will let you through only if you collect 4 rocks. Rocks are located inside a wooden chest at marked locations 4, 2, 5 and placed on the ground at key point 3.
2.Avoid land mines to complete this objective. Mines position may change without further notice.
3.Door to this area will stay open as long as an item is placed in the middle of the “Floor Depression” hex. When you pick up a rock, “Replacement” item must be placed on its place to keep the door open. List of items that can be placed by using “Drop” command, only one replacement item is required:
- regular spear
- canned food
- scorpion tail
- healing powder
4.Find your way though maze room and fight few giant ants in the process.
5.Few small scorpions stand in your way.
6.After collecting all 4 rocks, guardian will let you through but there’s one more puzzle you need to solve to complete the quest. There are four switches on the wall, right combination is 0-1-1-0.
Hint: there’s a hidden knife on the floor, behind the blocked door on the east side.
prva001L2 .gif

Hello there fellow wastelander. Here's a tip that may hep you out, from my walkthrough (not yet available):
1. You can speak to guardian but he will let you through only if you collect 4 rocks. Rocks are located inside a wooden chest at marked locations 4, 2, 5 and placed on the ground at key point 3.
2.Avoid land mines to complete this objective. Mines position may change without further notice.
3.Door to this area will stay open as long as an item is placed in the middle of the “Floor Depression” hex. When you pick up a rock, “Replacement” item must be placed on its place to keep the door open. List of items that can be placed by using “Drop” command, only one replacement item is required:
- regular spear
- canned food
- scorpion tail
- healing powder
4.Find your way though maze room and fight few giant ants in the process.
5.Few small scorpions stand in your way.
6.After collecting all 4 rocks, guardian will let you through but there’s one more puzzle you need to solve to complete the quest. There are four switches on the wall, right combination is 0-1-1-0.
Hint: there’s a hidden knife on the floor, behind the blocked door on the east side.View attachment 27987

Thank You for the fast reply! Actually i have more than 4 rocks as i use dot hoard all things i brought 3 pcs from the other stage and tha gatekeeper is saying i must collect different things to go further - but not opening the gate even as i have the 4 rocks collected.

Thank You for the fast reply! Actually i have more than 4 rocks as i use dot hoard all things i brought 3 pcs from the other stage and tha gatekeeper is saying i must collect different things to go further - but not opening the gate even as i have the 4 rocks collected.
Guard will let you through only when you have 4 rocks in your inventory so drop the other 3 and later pick them up. This is a specific quest where you have to bring the exact amount. If you happen to encounter any other quest where a certain amount is required, try the exact amount if any other option doesn't work.

Guard will let you through only when you have 4 rocks in your inventory so drop the other 3 and later pick them up. This is a specific quest where you have to bring the exact amount. If you happen to encounter any other quest where a certain amount is required, try the exact amount if any other option doesn't work.

Thank You - dopping the sureplus was the solution i was looking for!

Don't You mind if i asking : was there any special reason the PC has got no PIPBoy? I am out of free brain capacity about the quests and not able to sleep/wait. Right know i am roaming on the street of Canvill and i have no clue about the escaped convict and not able to read back the current state off the mission :(

Thank You - dopping the sureplus was the solution i was looking for!

Don't You mind if i asking : was there any special reason the PC has got no PIPBoy? I am out of free brain capacity about the quests and not able to sleep/wait. Right know i am roaming on the street of Canvill and i have no clue about the escaped convict and not able to read back the current state off the mission :(
To make it a bit more challenging than usual. F1 button displays some useful mod hints, check it out, number one.
Just outside the prison area, check this...
pipboy clue 1.jpg

Manhole at gas station, near exit grid, leads to abandoned basement storage. Inside the locker, player finds a paper note which reveals a new nearby location on the world map called Sanctuary.

This is the most challenging TC i've played so far, so i'm liking it very much. Amazing work, congrats Forgotten Knight.
I have one issue btw...

In golden valley, at the military compound, when i show guard the badge (red pass card), he attacks immediately after letting me in... Don't know what's that all about...

Last edited:
This is the most challenging TC i've played so far, so i'm liking it very much. Amazing work, congrats Forgotten Knight.
I have one issue btw...

In golden valley, at the military compound, when i show guard the badge (red pass card), he attacks immediately after letting me in... Don't know what's that all about...
Hello there kind wastelander. Guard can attack you on sight if:
-you previously stole from Dr.Fred, either his prototype weapon in his office or weapon plans in his locker
-you made sergeant angry, multiple ways to achieve this
-someone from inside the base got injured by you or a friendly fire
-you made him angry before entering the base for the first time, by saying "....Let me show you my ID". This will trigger the hostility but he won't attack behind the fence, only on sight

Last edited:
none of these are the cases for me.

I was never inside the base before, so i've never had spoken to Sergeant or any other person INSIDE the base including Dr. Fred. The first time he lets me inside the base he immediately attacks me.

BUT the first time i've conversated with the entry guard, i said "let me show you my badge" but i didn't. I left the place. Guess that's what triggered it.

Last edited:
I'm stuck once again... :/
I've killed all the deathclaws inside the cave, the mission where sherrif and a bunch of guys hunting down the deathclaws (canville). I cannot get out of the cave, i've snatched the dynamite from the wanderer's hand but can't figure out where to place it. Tried a bunch of locations but to no avail.

I've used science on the collapsed floor on to the north, it says it can be cleared via explosives, but when i actually plant one, it says you've failed to cause any major damage to the structure...

nvm i figured it out ;)
You need to use the dynamite on the floor like any other item, not place it on the ground with an active timer. Took me almost an hour to figure this out. C-4's doesn't work, it needs to be a dyamite.

Last edited:
Is this mod's main quest line complete? I am completely stuck. Talked to everyone, visited every town, done almost every quest. It does not seem to progress.

- Duntown is not appearing on my map. I have talked to the guys in Machine Parts shop, he shows me the location on my map but it doesn't appear.
- How do you find uranium source for Aston?
- When i try to speak with the local idiot at the entrance of Canville, i get a log that says "INT 10 required", but i already have 10 int. That conversation goes nowhere.

Last edited:
Is this mod's main quest line complete? I am completely stuck. Talked to everyone, visited every town, done almost every quest. It does not seem to progress.

- Duntown is not appearing on my map. I have talked to the guys in Machine Parts shop, he shows me the location on my map but it doesn't appear.
- When i try to speak with the local idiot at the entrance of Canville, i get a log that says "INT 10 required", but i already have 10 int. That conversation goes nowhere.
Ok, this is interesting...
Indeed, Owen should mark Duntown location on your world map but there's an error. I'll correct this, thanks. Your backup option is to visit Philton and get a quest from Eddie, Donson's assistant. Only after doing few quests for Donson, you'll be able to get Eddie's quest. Philton is visible on the world map by default.

After killing the evil critter and a day of waiting, you’ll get another job to find uranium rods for Aston’s little power generator. Leonard from Duntown sells uranium ore but will request a meeting with Aston. Also he gives the player a request form which needs to be handed to Aston personally. You’ll earn $1000 and 700 exp.
Also requires to visit Duntown.

Check this part first to know which locations you need to visit...

List of areas that needs to be visited before the main quest key point unlocks:

- Miners Town
- Farmers Town
- UMB
- Golden Valley
- Duntown
- Philton
- Abandoned Base
- Silting
- Canville

Bob, rambler on the parking lot in Canville will give you vague hints, not revealing the actual locations, about towns listed above you need to visit. Talking to him first is crucial and will enable additional quest dialogue with Gilbert.

are you certain you did all the posible quests in Philton?
some are tied to town rep, and some are not..

The easiest way to get it is one of the quests from Eddie. He gives you two total but you have to finish the first to get the second. one is to get weapon plans copy from Golden Valley's Military Base, the other gives yoid Duntown Location and main quest there. I'm pretty certain you haven't managed to do all the quests in te game, however after you tackle Duntown's quests (and after visitying all main locations MinersTown;Farmer'sTown;GoldenValley;Philton;Canville;Duntown;UMB;MRC try locating a pesant in a tent in Canville to trigger the endgame, he will speak to you beforehand, however, he'd ask you to fulfill certain favours which either way force you to visit mentioned locations. only after doing so, plus having the quest to go after the prisoners from prison warden in Miner's Town, you'll get the chance to trigger end game.
Damn, it seems da man himself managed to beat me by a cunt's hair's thickness distance..
Anyways I'm glad You're still managing this thread, despite the interest rate not beeing super high.. And thanks for spoonfeeding the rookies, I'm not always here on my post to do that..
I'm more into D2R lately, ocasionally delving into Fo:Yesterday

Last edited:
Thank you for the hints. I'll try to tackle them from another angle. Another question if you will:

IS there any downside not to report to guys at Wasteland forest within every 4 months? I'm finding this... annoying :) Never liked the time limits on original Fallouts, i just get them out of the way quickly as possible. Can i still beat the game if i escape the prison cell with explosive?

Thank you for the hints. I'll try to tackle them from another angle. Another question if you will:

IS there any downside not to report to guys at Wasteland forest within every 4 months? I'm finding this... annoying :) Never liked the time limits on original Fallouts, i just get them out of the way quickly as possible. Can i still beat the game if i escape the prison cell with explosive?
There are some negative "side effects" of not being obedient:
-Wasteland Prison patrols will chase you across the wasteland, whenever you encounter them on the world map
-WP security will be hostile after that and "One does not simply walk into the Wasteland Prison and ask for forgiveness"
This was implemented to keep you at the edge of your seat, as far as possible from your monitor, so you don't punch it. Of course, Escape from LA is possible, because there was NY before that :) While doing the main quest and have the WP hostile, you can still meet the main "villain" Scott and do what's "right".

I recommend to obey, so "They Live" no more.

Back