Resource icon

Fallout 2 mod Last Hope mod v1.086

Hello good sir and welcome! I'll try to be helpful here:
Lost City:
Hidden manhole is the way in.
View attachment 28639

UMB location:

Only fighting robobrains/rangers, this is the way. Elevator is blocked permanently.

Thanks for playing8-)

Oh my god this pixel by pixel searching lmfao, I was so drawn by that Air Vent :freak::notworthy:
Well I can straight away tell you I would NEVER Find that :naughty:

Thanks again for the mod and please, Keep going. This mod has so much to give and enjoy, even tho I had to restart my whole game because I first finished the RED quest and the letter and then I did the Collect the money of his, I was stuck with him screaming at me getting out :/

EDIT :
Who is this matthew and his deal about Me being a tribal... this retinal scanner caught my eyes, same his unlockpickable doors

Do you plan to add more content or is there a way how to add some mods into yours ? Expanding it ? Iam kinda new into this modding area, only thing I played was the Megamod and Nevada.

Last edited:
Oh my god this pixel by pixel searching lmfao, I was so drawn by that Air Vent :freak::notworthy:
Well I can straight away tell you I would NEVER Find that :naughty:

Thanks again for the mod and please, Keep going. This mod has so much to give and enjoy, even tho I had to restart my whole game because I first finished the RED quest and the letter and then I did the Collect the money of his, I was stuck with him screaming at me getting out :/

Do you plan to add more content or is there a way how to add some mods into yours ? Expanding it ? Iam kinda new into this modding area, only thing I played was the Megamod and Nevada.

Pixel hunter FTW. I'll put this hint into my walkthrough pdf (you can find one in 1.085 version download, spoiler warning), still have to add few more things with the next update. One universal hint, always save before entering new areas, it can help if you get stuck and need to reload an earlier save. In general this mod is not compatible with other mods, i made it as a "standalone" to put it simple. Other TC mods have their own set of design rules, usually there's a readme file. Of course people can experiment and see how it goes :ugly:

Pixel hunter FTW. I'll put this hint into my walkthrough pdf (you can find one in 1.085 version download, spoiler warning), still have to add few more things with the next update. One universal hint, always save before entering new areas, it can help if you get stuck and need to reload an earlier save. In general this mod is not compatible with other mods, i made it as a "standalone" to put it simple. Other TC mods have their own set of design rules, usually there's a readme file. Of course people can experiment and see how it goes :ugly:

Thanks for the lightning responses :)
I havent noticed the Guide, I saw the LH Info.txt but totally missed the guide in PDF form haha.
I wonder if you are going to create a Discord Server for your project/s so people can flock and talk, check on progress and such.

Is there a specific reason why its so laggy ? One main menu and character creation its fluid like any f2 or mods like sonora, but when I jump right into the "trial" map its laggy as fuck.

Thanks for the lightning responses :)
I havent noticed the Guide, I saw the LH Info.txt but totally missed the guide in PDF form haha.
I wonder if you are going to create a Discord Server for your project/s so people can flock and talk, check on progress and such.
I don't have a discord, forum format seems sufficient atm. I don't plan any major updates, 1.083 was my best attempt to get nominated for an oscar but better luck next time.
Is there a specific reason why its so laggy ? One main menu and character creation its fluid like any f2 or mods like sonora, but when I jump right into the "trial" map its laggy as fuck.
Did you change any of the original mod settings, maybe updated sfall/hi-resolution mod, or added other mod/s? Clean mod install should work fine in winXP and win10.

I encountered quite a few issues so far. Don't think I will ever finish this mod. But maybe someone has any ideas about my most recent problems.

In the UMB location, I can not disable the red force field on the lower level in the northeast. Everyone on the surface is dead, rangers and robots alike.
As the walkthrough suggests, I placed an explosive near the backup generator. I get the message that the explosion damaged the backup generator. But the red force field remains up.
I waited, left the location, placed 2 more explosives...nothing.
Edit: never mind. It's a backup generator after all. Still had to disable the main power on a terminal.

In Philton, I got the quest to resolve the Matthew "situation".
Just straight up beating him in a fight seems to work. But that's not how I want to resolve that, everybody hates me.
As the walkthrough suggests: using sneak, skill >50%, I inject Matthew with his own poison. He dies and I can loot him. Going back to Donson, I can not finish the quest this way.
All I can tell him is that I am still working on it. Same thing, waiting or leaving the location doesn't change things.

Last edited:
I encountered quite a few issues so far. Don't think I will ever finish this mod. But maybe someone has any ideas about my most recent problems.

In the UMB location, I can not disable the red force field on the lower level in the northeast. Everyone on the surface is dead, rangers and robots alike.
As the walkthrough suggests, I placed an explosive near the backup generator. I get the message that the explosion damaged the backup generator. But the red force field remains up.
I waited, left the location, placed 2 more explosives...nothing.
Edit: never mind. It's a backup generator after all. Still had to disable the main power on a terminal.

In Philton, I got the quest to resolve the Matthew "situation".
Just straight up beating him in a fight seems to work. But that's not how I want to resolve that, everybody hates me.
As the walkthrough suggests: using sneak, skill >50%, I inject Matthew with his own poison. He dies and I can loot him. Going back to Donson, I can not finish the quest this way.
All I can tell him is that I am still working on it. Same thing, waiting or leaving the location doesn't change things.
Hello there, i'm glad you managed to find your way around UMB. Matthew's situation is different, it's a bug which will be fixed for later update, thanks. It can be fixed with your current save game by editor if you need this solved: set global var 507=>2, set global var 541=>4, this can help if you're familiar with save game editing.

Hi, I dont know why....but I cleaned UMB, loaded stuff to the car and I left to Farmers Town to sell it, but when I arrived my car was gone, moved back to UMB check it if its not there and nope :/ Is this some kind of bug? I lost a lot fo things because of this, what to do? Thx

Last edited:
Hi, I dont know why....but I cleaned UMB, loaded stuff to the car and I left to Farmers Town to sell it, but when I arrived my car was gone, moved back to UMB check it if its not there and nope :/ Is this some kind of bug? I lost a lot fo things because of this, what to do? Thx

Shit happens, and sometimes the car gets lost, there is a way to "go around" the problem however. the car and whatever's in the trunk can be repurchased ( granted you buy agin the same one as before for the same price, from the same guy you did the inital purchase).

Shit happens, and sometimes the car gets lost, there is a way to "go around" the problem however. the car and whatever's in the trunk can be repurchased ( granted you buy agin the same one as before for the same price, from the same guy you did the inital purchase).

Yeah I tried it like somebody mentioned here, buy same car and stuff will be in.....But there is nothing :X all my dynamites, ropes, ammo quest items gone. Very sad

Hello there, can you send me your UMB location save game slot? I'd like to investigate how you lost your car before going to Farmers, we may have an interesting case here. Thanks.

Hello there, can you send me your UMB location save game slot? I'd like to investigate how you lost your car before going to Farmers, we may have an interesting case here. Thanks.

Think is I rewrited save after comming to Farmers town...putted myself from map directly to residental part of town bcs of shopping "autosaved" moved back to southern region and car was gone...... Zzzzzzzz
So I can send you only saves from UMB or Farmers T, but already without car if it cant help. Just let me know

Think is I rewrited save after comming to Farmers town...putted myself from map directly to residental part of town bcs of shopping "autosaved" moved back to southern region and car was gone...... Zzzzzzzz
So I can send you only saves from UMB or Farmers T, but already without car if it cant help. Just let me know
That's ok, i can take a look and figure out what to do from there.

Also I have question if I lose my time to report in WP I lose the game? They just throw me in to the jail, I used dynamite to clear the force field, but they threw me back to the jail....I tried always to come report something but when I talked with that guy, I have nothing to report....Dont know what to do :X

Also I have question if I lose my time to report in WP I lose the game? They just throw me in to the jail, I used dynamite to clear the force field, but they threw me back to the jail....I tried always to come report something but when I talked with that guy, I have nothing to report....Dont know what to do :X

the correct dialogue options are:

Not much since the last time> I'm onto something i just need more time>okay

or something pretty similar to this

prison warden mentions four months no more, but what he actually means is that he gives you extra four months of time starting from the moment you spoke to him about reporting back..

oh yeah and you can't be late as that is a bannable offense in the prisson

Also you can check my walkthrough, "Last Hope v1.082.pdf" file inside the mod dir, give it a spin. In the meantime, i'll put that save game you provided to a good use.

Also you can check my walkthrough, "Last Hope v1.082.pdf" file inside the mod dir, give it a spin. In the meantime, i'll put that save game you provided to a good use.

I have new foundings....I just moved from Farmers T to Cannvile and after i discovered some black squares on the way......I found mark "Car without power" but I never moved in that location, weird. So I moved in but....car is in brown area line, so I can´t reach it, what to do? :(
wtf car 2.png
wtf car.png

Last edited:
Back