Resource icon

Fallout 2 mod Last Hope mod v1.086

Than only Forgotten Knight can help with this one.
I usually bought the truck 1000$ for going to basement +4000$ for the truck itself.
I chose the truck becuse it has the biggest unit size of trunk.
I have no idea how do the items from other vehicles beeing saved, however only proto of 455 is being saved by the engine as the car's trunk. and so happens that 455 is the proto of the truck if i remeber correctly. others are just mere containers. So you fell a victim of a cheap ass junk as dune buggy not only has the smallest trunk but is also the shittiest car to pick from. download proto manager and look up which of the vehicles has 455 proto in this mod it's the only one that will get saved as it's the only one in party.txt (a.k.a marked as a companion) as only by beeing a companion the engine will save the contents between maps... on the other hand Forgotten Knight could release a fix so that the car does not end up spawning on the exit grid. i mean come on it's only the plain desert encounter that has this happening..

I downloaded F2 Explorer mod editor to move my car from brown area so I could reach it again. Moved to Canville, bouth new car Chrysler, moved stuff from little shit to this one. Moved to Philton, both cars was at entrance lol, moved to different city area, moved back to outskirts and cars are gone. I am done, lost...Last chance I will try to buy the truck, if it will disappear...uinstall is comming.

i hand this problem only once..

ALthough when car s gone in Phlton sometimes changing the map or going to the worldmap and back to Philton helps..
Philton has this quirk ocassionally.. besides it's 2AM you should be sleeping work awaits in the morning... Your boss will not be pleased when You're slacking off in work, looking for a place to take a nap :p

Thank you sir! It helped, I am back in! Anyway I have some new little findings about some sellers. If you hit the text button for example "show me your stuff" etc.etc. price is higher like twice mby more than if you go directly for "barter" button. I think this can make game less difficult, like I bouth Gettling Avanger for like 15k insted of something over 30k. So you dont have to later think much about what to buy, bcs it can allow you to buy more items. For Sure its Gun seller in Golden Valley, Philton, Canville, Silting...it looks like every seller have this isue, I will try others also (like doctors, mechanics...)

Last edited:
is there a way to enter inner gun store in Old Hotel? or Quincy's backstage in Farmer's Town? or are theese areas off limits?

EDIT:
I've made a mini add on so that the only PA wreckage in the game is now fixable into PA.

Originally I had bigger plans on how to implement it however my lack of scripting knowledge only allowed this to be made

Attachments

Last edited:
Than only Forgotten Knight can help with this one.
I usually bought the truck 1000$ for going to basement +4000$ for the truck itself.
I chose the truck becuse it has the biggest unit size of trunk.
I have no idea how do the items from other vehicles beeing saved, however only proto of 455 is being saved by the engine as the car's trunk. and so happens that 455 is the proto of the truck if i remeber correctly. others are just mere containers. So you fell a victim of a cheap ass junk as dune buggy not only has the smallest trunk but is also the shittiest car to pick from. download proto manager and look up which of the vehicles has 455 proto in this mod it's the only one that will get saved as it's the only one in party.txt (a.k.a marked as a companion) as only by beeing a companion the engine will save the contents between maps... on the other hand Forgotten Knight could release a fix so that the car does not end up spawning on the exit grid. i mean come on it's only the plain desert encounter that has this happening..
I don't think this is correct. The engine saves the "inventory" of everything that is (added to party), it's not prototype related (although the trunk prototype is hardcoded : it's by default invisible) but not used for the cars (at least in 1.083). When the car loses all it's items, then only because it got (removed from party).
Party.txt is not that relevant in this regard, that's mostly for disposition, levelling and base prototype (which the engine loves to add to your critters folder). The important aspect (to saving inventory) is (add to party) and (remove from party) in script.
However, I have to admit I'm out of touch, but if you leave the car behind, probably on a map that is not saved (random encounter), and the inventory is gone, then because script removed it from party.
The trunk in Fo2, for example, never leaves your party, it is only set to invisible on maps the car is not supposed to spawn on.

Anyway, it shouldn't matter which car you buy - there's no difference (but container/trunk size).

is there a way to enter inner gun store in Old Hotel? or Quincy's backstage in Farmer's Town? or are theese areas off limits?

EDIT:
I've made a mini add on so that the only PA wreckage in the game is now fixable into PA.

Originally I had bigger plans on how to implement it however my lack of scripting knowledge only allowed this to be made
Maybe this could be a mini mod for others to play with
but not a part of LH mod
, there's a spoiler.
Thank you sir! It helped, I am back in! Anyway I have some new little findings about some sellers. If you hit the text button for example "show me your stuff" etc.etc. price is higher like twice mby more than if you go directly for "barter" button. I think this can make game less difficult, like I bouth Gettling Avanger for like 15k insted of something over 30k. So you dont have to later think much about what to buy, bcs it can allow you to buy more items. For Sure its Gun seller in Golden Valley, Philton, Canville, Silting...it looks like every seller have this isue, I will try others also (like doctors, mechanics...)
Yes, this is still a thing, i can so something about it. While we're at it, don't switch difficulty in game :deal:
@Forgotten Knight Is version 1.0xx a release?
Stable, with a change note attached. I did not follow the Software Versioning standards.

@Forgotten Knight
Is it possible to complete all the tasks in the game?
Are there plans to add new quests or locations?
#1 Yes it is. I finished the game a couple of times already.
#2 I don't know..

Maybe this could be a mini mod for others to play with
but not a part of LH mod
, there's a spoiler.

Yeah that's exactly what i meant.. I don't expect LH to come with this add-on, it's simply is a small hack to save Noel's butt when using electrical energy guns, and Fo2MechanicsMiniRework mod, so that Noel doesn't get owned by the electrical ricoche.

the add-on itself is in pretty meh state, no written text was made, so it spews error a lot, however it does what i said it does, although I'd surely like someone to make it better, i just lack the skill..

I don't think this is correct. The engine saves the "inventory" of everything that is (added to party), it's not prototype related (although the trunk prototype is hardcoded : it's by default invisible) but not used for the cars (at least in 1.083). When the car loses all it's items, then only because it got (removed from party).
Party.txt is not that relevant in this regard, that's mostly for disposition, levelling and base prototype (which the engine loves to add to your critters folder). The important aspect (to saving inventory) is (add to party) and (remove from party) in script.
However, I have to admit I'm out of touch, but if you leave the car behind, probably on a map that is not saved (random encounter), and the inventory is gone, then because script removed it from party.
The trunk in Fo2, for example, never leaves your party, it is only set to invisible on maps the car is not supposed to spawn on.

Anyway, it shouldn't matter which car you buy - there's no difference (but container/trunk size).

that's the main reason behind buying the biggest truck. that's 300 space units, versus like half of that or less in the trashy dune buggy.

Last edited:
In case people have still issues with the car:

I did download 1.086 the day before yesterday and double-checked.
It seems that leaving the car behind sets the variable to "have no car" and that allows to purchase a new one. However, that's not the same car (inventory/trunk is empty). But when I buy an identical model, start it up and then enter a random desert map, it glitches the two cars together and I get a car with my old inventory in it.
At this point you are probably followed by 2 cars (in your party) but you only see one.
I also purchased different cars, as well as the same, and managed to get them mashed together on the same map (dupes). But eventually, identical cars exclude each other, it seems. Although, I'm not sure if you have only one (with the inventories glitched together) or actually many which you can't see as they spawn on top of each other.

Anyway, it's not the model that decides on ("getting your car & trunk back (via re-purchase)"). It's more entering a map and bashing your many cars into one. Tested with truck and flier.

Also, if you did this a lot, and you are followed by X cars, that may contribute to the instability of your game – but I can't tell for sure [not tested]. [Anyway, I collected some notes below, which may serve you better if you need to get your car back]

Car
The car changed between the time I stopped and FK published (1.083). And I only tested it very shortly but I believe this is how it behaves now:
- If you run out of fuel the car may disappear, to get it back "enter & exit" any random encounter map, this spawns the "car out of fuel" location with your car on it. (Your best option is probably desert1 accessed from worldmap, just enter & leave).This should also work when your car disappeared after leaving it behind (same thing). Important: if you do [spawn the "car out of fuel" location] make sure it does not spawn inside a city circle as that may make it inaccessible. It usually spawns to the left of your current position, so you have some control over it.
- You need to start the engine again after fuelling the car, else it's left behind (and may disappear, retrieve as above).
- It seems 1.086 disabled the feature of running out of gas (which is probably a good idea, as the system is not properly working yet, especially when the car is left behind on a city map). So this may not matter as much anymore, unless you switch the engine off and leave the map. Then you'll need to spawn it back as described above.

Maybe this helps, but at very least spawning the out-of-fuel location (with your car on it) should be preferable to re-purchasing it.
I did not had bad spawns during the test. That may be fixed...

that's the main reason behind buying the biggest truck. that's 300 space units, versus like half of that or less in the trashy dune buggy.
Agreed I think they should adjust to 150, 200, 250, 300. I think they are 50, 100, 150, 300 currently. (The Fo2 trunk is a standard 250, btw)
On the other hand, if you don't hoard, you get everything you need into the Flyer (i.e. those quest items that are too heavy to carry). Which is basically the main mechanic/purpose of the car.

Back