Level of civilization/tribals in Fallout 4

Akratus

Bleep bloop.
Where do you want Fallout 4 to go?

Setting/time wise, where do you want Fallout 4 to take place?

-In a wasteland with mostly tribals like Fallout 1
-In a slightly civilized place like Fallout 2
-In a slight civilized and slightly technologically advanced place like New Vegas
-Even more civilized than New Vegas
-A combination of New Vegas/Fallout 1, possibly tribals lands getting invaded by NCR/Legion/another faction.

Because I personally agree with the last option. I'd very much like both dirty old cities and also large stretches of desert with only tribals. So there's a lot of things that are determined by the setting. And thus what I'm asking is: How civilized do you want Fallout 4 to be?

Re: Where do you want Fallout 4 to go?

Mjolnir said:
Setting/time wise, where do you want Fallout 4 to take place?

-In a wasteland with mostly tribals like Fallout 1
-In a slightly civilized place like Fallout 2
-In a slight civilized and slightly technologically advanced place like New Vegas
-A combination of New Vegas/Fallout 1, possibly tribals lands getting invaded by NCR/Legion/another faction.

Because I personally agree with the last option. I'd very much like both dirty old cities and also large stretches of desert with only tribals. So there's a lot of things that are determined by the setting. And thus what I'm asking is: How civilized do you want Fallout 4 to be?

Like Fallout 2. Where there's a healthy mix of barren survivalism, more-civilized communities, and true civilizations in their own right.

i.e. Arroyo/Modoc, Gecko/Den, NCR/Vault City

.Pixote. said:
Tribals never made any sense, I wish they used semi-naked scavengers instead.

From a literary standpoint, they reprrsent how the Americans who destroyed the land of the natives are slowly becoming natives themselves.

Just fucking with you; I think Black Isle thought it would be cool.

The_Noob said:
.Pixote. said:
Tribals never made any sense, I wish they used semi-naked scavengers instead.

From a literary standpoint, they reprrsent how the Americans who destroyed the land of the natives are slowly becoming natives themselves.

Just fucking with you; I think Black Isle thought it would be cool.

That was pretty good... :lol:

definately more tribals..i mean there are tribals but theres no distinctive tribes other than arroyo that you can visit and interact with..id have it set in the time of F2 with some conflict between tribals and "civilised" people

id like a mix of tribal and civilization. what i didnt like about fallout 3 that was present in 2 and NV was a large city with many inhabitants. for fallout 4 id like 2 cities with many inhabitants (more then the strip) some medium cities like megaton and then some tribes

Re: Where do you want Fallout 4 to go?

Mjolnir said:

I don't want a civilized wasteland, but I do want a certain area that is almost futuristic in it's setting. The rest of the land could be home to a army of tribals who want to have it as their own. You are a wastelander who has tooken shelter in a vault due to the harsh living conditions. (I wonder if it would be a good idea to have some fellow friends and family to live there with you as well...) For a unknown reason by a unknown attacker, the vault is attacked and everyone inside is killed while you are during a mission or something. The futuristic city knows about you and your past, as well as who lead the attack on the vault. The leader promises that if you work for him, he/she will tell you everything. But the army of tribals have another plan. They say that if you help them gain control of the city, you will get your info by force. You choose your side and the game continues.

Fallout 2 was the best balance. You had everything from crappy survivalist tribes to the capital of the main nation-state of the game area. Of course, depending on how the area is, that may go up or down. Still, just don't get ridiculous to the levels of the Capital Wasteland, which looks like the war has ended just a few decades ago.

What would I like to see are climatically different regions, or regions with diferrent ways. For example, a region where the main roads are the rivers and the coast, the player travels though boats, caravans come though the sea, pirates instead of raiders, scuba gear is a premium product because of scavengers who want to scavenge flooded areas, lots of water critters, villages and towns are based near or around waterways, etc.

Back