Liberty Prime bug

Von Drunky

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Hey, that queer ass robot got stuck on the bridge because of some cuckold railing and now i can't finish the game. I used the quick save for most of the game, guess i should have known better. Any suggestions? I'm playing the PC version and want to keep my cheating to a minimum.

You will have to cheat. I think the easiest way is going to the console (`), type disable and click on whatever is in the way of LP.

Happened to me on my first playthrough as well, got stuck on something and didn't move forward. If I reloaded (even before exiting the Citadel) same thing happened. If I tried to move on ahead of the Liberty Prime (since he was stuck) the game crashed.

I didn't bother to solve it since I heard the ending sucked anyways. And it was true.

Does not work, the railing is a part of the bridge and LP disappears when it is removed. Is there a way to just pick him up and drag him to where he needs to be?

Pick up and drag no, but maybe he's moveable like a regular NPC. Try
prid 0005FD25
moveto player

No shit. That stupid can opener got stuck like three times before I managed to get him to the final location. I too used to prefer quicksaving in games but after various screw ups in various games I started to at least save properly before a quest or when reaching what seemingly was a crucial point in the game. No autosave from the citadel then?

Disco!

Pretty smart, this solution is way simpler then the one they have listed on the Fallout Bug Wiki.

* The giant robot "Liberty Prime" can get stuck on the left side of the highway when heading to install the G.E.C.K. Going forward and fighting some enclave soldiers can fix this problem. (Save immediately when you see liberty prime walking for the first time to avoid this bug.)
* Liberty Prime gets stuck and does not progress forward, making it impossible to finish the quest. (Can be fixed by waiting for an extended amount of time with the WAIT function.

If this fails, Liberty Prime can be nudged by using the noclip cheat until he no longer glitches. To enable or disable noclip, press the tilde '~' key and enter the command "tcl".)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_bugs

Von Drunky said:
Hey, that queer ass robot got stuck on the bridge because of some cuckold railing and now i can't finish the game. I used the quick save for most of the game, guess i should have known better. Any suggestions? I'm playing the PC version and want to keep my cheating to a minimum.

What about autosave, wenn enter a new area?

Back