Liberty Prime - The Fallout Numidium

what's the point in changing it's original purpose?

Ah, here's my secret: I have a bad memory!
I thought Prime was meant for mainland China.

The real change is that Prime was never meant to be used. The Enclave needed a massive reactor to power their operation for their nuclear hibernation.

That picture of House standing in front of a robot, that was Liberty Prime right? Or was that something entirely different. Either way like him and Doctor Klein on the project, but not sure about Presper, perhaps a General Atomics head over him.

That picture of House standing in front of a robot, that was Liberty Prime right? Or was that something entirely different. Either way like him and Doctor Klein on the project, but not sure about Presper, perhaps a General Atomics head over him.

It's theorized to be Liberty Prime.

As for Presper, I should have done Charles Ringhold (West-Tek's Head of Laser Research).

It's theorized to be Liberty Prime.

As for Presper, I should have done Charles Ringhold (West-Tek's Head of Laser Research).

This is a perfect replacement!

In a side quick tangent, it always bothered me that Liberty Prime wasn’t deployed to Alaska, China, or even Canada. It’s a common cliche in the Fallout series that these massive cutting edge developments and inventions were completed weeks, days, hours before the bomb drops. Not to say it doesn’t fit thematically with the series or doesn’t make sense, just something I think needs to be reigned in as it forces the story to rely too heavily on Old World developments rather than new things. Even T-60 Power Armor was “cutting edge pre-war” machinery when it could have just as easily been an invention of the BOS using Enclave tech to upgrade their own gear post-Adam’s Air Force Base. Having Liberty Prime’s power source be stolen by the Enclave to power their Oil Rig is good, not sure if that was your invention or in the lore of Fallout 3, but I like the explanation more than if Liberty Prime were to just be invented without a battery and thus decayed in the Pentagon because they didn’t realize they’d need a crazy amount of energy to power it.

Another thing about Liberty Prime in Bethesda’s case is he simply doesn’t make that much sense if he consumes such an insane amount of energy they needed to find a suitable power source to use him. In that case why build him in the first place during a literal Resource War? I much prefer that the energy needed for him isn’t that important, but rather some other part of him needed completion, such as the AI processor I suggested.

Last edited:
Back