Location Idea for future games- 224 year old general store

Hard to imagine a store lasting that long. Good stuff. Too bad he is closing it down.

TorontRayne said:
Hard to imagine a store lasting that long. Good stuff. Too bad he is closing it down.

This is a wonderful idea. Fits well with the nostalgia bit of Fallout.

OT: Did anyone notice all the non-sequitur comments (on the supposedly-liberal Huffington Post, no less) about how this is somehow Obama's fault? I don't mean to start any political quarrels, people are just being stupid.

SealyStar said:
TorontRayne said:

This is a wonderful idea. Fits well with the nostalgia bit of Fallout.

OT: Did anyone notice all the non-sequitur comments (on the supposedly-liberal Huffington Post, no less) about how this is somehow Obama's fault? I don't mean to start any political quarrels, people are just being stupid.

I saw that too. I think some of it is justified. "Obamacare" might hurt small businesses like the one mentioned. Uninformed Americans are quick to blame the economy issues on the President without realizing what is really going on. Sure he is to blame for some of it, but things weren't much better before he came along either. These cycles tend to repeat over and over and it begins to sound all the same. Politics and religion are very bitter topics on the internet.

But yes I agree with you for the most part. The comments on most articles are usually massive flame wars that have little to do with the content of the article...kinda like my little rant here. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Topic

That store would fit perfect in a fallout setting. Imagine a store that has been run by a ghoul for a couple hundred years. He would have quite the inventory.

I would love for there to be an NPC that had hundreds or dozens of things to say... how about some free/cheap DLC that updates things that NPCs say every 3-4 months for the first year and a half.

Atomkilla said:
TorontRayne said:
He would have quite the inventory.

He would be quite an NPC, if he would be talkative.

I think so. Depending on the location an accent would be appropriate.

How about Maine? The character Jud sounds perfect.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tMja9C6Htts" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Maybe just New England as a whole. You would get Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire. It sounds big, but New Vegas had a huge map with DLCs and small parts of the main game in other states, and I still wanted more! Think about scavenging through maple forests finding old shacks, cabins, and crazy enemies. Then going through Boston which could be New Boston which would be the main point of civilization. After all that you could still go to the Coast of Maine.

Back