Making a post survival RPG using old 90s toolsets, want to join development?

icarus00332

First time out of the vault
I'm looking for motivated individuals that appreciate the fallout franchise (fallout 1,2, brotherhood of steel, 3, NV, 4), && are interested in video game development. Do you miss the old nostalgia of the 90s aesthetics?Want to be part of history? Do you remember the eerie feeling of traversing the wasteland for the very first time??!! Well good news! I'm a developer that is looking for any and all talent! From voice actors, to storyboard writers, concept designers, uv mappers, audio engineers, to 3D modelers!

Please send me a message regarding your skillsets! And how you would like to contribute! Or simply reply to the thread! (PLEASE READ) To use the 3D modeling software such as Caligari TrueSpace 3 ,& or want to program with the compiler!! you need to be on Older operating systems such as windows 7, xp, 2000, 98 or else these software will not work!! The final product will require DirectX8 support!!!

will post updates on this forum!!!

I'm all for games with retro feeling but actually using outdated tools running on unsupported operating systems to create games sounds like pure masochism to me.

save your complaining for the battlefield solider! someone has to do it! have you played any videogames as of recent?! it would be a disservice to not to!

Attachments

• one.png
    one.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 118
  • two.png
    two.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 109
  • three.png
    three.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 116
2:07 am 5/10/23

Attachments

• screenshot5.png
    screenshot5.png
    395.6 KB · Views: 108
  • screenshot_1.png
    screenshot_1.png
    553.4 KB · Views: 129
  • screenshot3.png
    screenshot3.png
    612.8 KB · Views: 128
so time to unravel a little bit of the plot, you're going to be a mercenary sometime in the near future that's apparently post-apocalyptic, your going to be doing missions such as killing bandits that are holding Towns hostage, getting food for villages, jobs in game to earn currency. the in game sprites are going to be captured with video.

right now I've been planning some outfits to design before I get behind the green screen, posing with prop weapons, recording the reloading animations etc it's going to take a lot off the development process since I'm capturing it with video, a lot of 3D probably would only be the environment.

everything from the sky box, to items, npcs, enemy's is going to be real time video (AVI), when I figure out the situation regarding the collision properties I'll post video of the extremely early alpha!

using some photoshop editor from the '90s to try to get that HUD feel, right now I think the most important part would be to flush out the mechanics then I can start worrying about everything else

Ensure that your game(s) are an evolution upon those which inspired them - and not just a formulaic nostalgia trip.

That is what distinguishes the legendary titles from the "spiritual successors": the "spiritual successors" never escape the shadow of their inspirations, they are lost to time.

Attachments

• wm1jns15d7f31 (1).png
    wm1jns15d7f31 (1).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 128
Back