Med-X

Skynet 2.0

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Would it be possible to make a mod that changes Med-X's name back to morphine? Or even remove it entirely? I think the chems in the original Fallout games were enough, adding a new one seems kind of redundant. You could even add the effects to one of the other chems, like Psycho, and just make the negative effects after the drug wore off worse, or make it wear off faster.

Could it be done right now, or would you need a Construction Set released first?

There is a mod over at Fallout 3 Nexus but the site is down right now. Last night at about 2:30am I noticed it had over one hundred people surfing the site. This morning there must have been a lot more than that because it's gone from the interweb. Probably not nearly enough bandwidth for what they thought they would be getting.

The mod is great and not only renames Med-X to Morphine but adds item descriptions to all the items. Also when you hover over Med-X in game it also displays it as Morphine. Really good and well done mod. I'll post the link when the site comes back online. I think it was called Fallout 3 Item Descriptions. Good stuff.

Fallout3nexus is back up, and just so you know, The item description mod is in the files section of NMA...

Pixelated said:
The mod is great and not only renames Med-X to Morphine but adds item descriptions to all the items. Also when you hover over Med-X in game it also displays it as Morphine. Really good and well done mod. I'll post the link when the site comes back online. I think it was called Fallout 3 Item Descriptions. Good stuff.

Are you talking about this mod?

Brother None said:
Pixelated said:

Are you talking about this mod?

Yes I love it. It's really awesome. I see you are the author. Great work.

I dunno why it should be called morphine (besides Beth calling it that originally)... none of the other drugs in Fallout have real names.

Mikael Grizzly said:
I am the author, BN is the uploader, since he has to approve all uploads.

Oh I must have misread that sorry. I love the item descriptions and the Morphine is just a bonus. Very high quality, thank you.

As for the Morphine thing Rev. Layle, it's not really a big deal but since Bethesda censored the game for Australia's ESRB I think it's a good idea to add it back in. God forbid anyone use Morphine since it's an illegal and illicit drug and has no medical use (sarcasm). I wonder if Australia censors movies that show drug use, even though Fallout 3 doesn't actually show any drug use.

How about renaming Buffout to Crank, Psycho to Cocaine and Mentats to Heroin? Or maybe just smack.

I think Buffout is the most ingenious name for a fictional drug. It made me laugh the first time I heard it.

Like you could say "Aw man did you see that guy he was totally Buffed-out, he needs some serious help".

Back