Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

...Items in arroyo have wrong names. Spoon is machined parts, fork is also wrong (can't remember what exactly).
Farm encounter on the way to Den doesn't yield any guns from Metzger men. Don't know if it's intentional, if it is I understand why, getting couple of firearms could be somewhat overbalancing at that point in game.

In the data/text/English/game folder there is a file called pro_item. I copied a number of items into that file - my working copy - which were from the RP and were to be renumbered later. If you want to delete the duplicates at the end of the file you can. It won't damage your game. Or, you can wait for a patch which should be out some time next week.

The farm is part of TeamX's New Vision mod. And they did indeed make it so that those critter's weapons were destroyed once they were killed.

...Primitive tribe is completely bugged...

That's why I said above:
I've been reworking ALL aspects of the Primitive Tribe version from the RP. (I lost a ton of work somewhere.) Hopefully I'll have a patch out soon to fix that location. I've got about 10 scripts left to go through.

All scripts have been re-reworked. All conflicting items and critters between the MM and RP for those maps have been removed. Tomorrow I'll begin re-adding scripts, spatials, and items to the maps as well as redoing all the exit grids to take the player to the proper maps.

Ah, apologies for Primitive tribe, oversight on my part.
Abbey, north of Gecko, there's option of getting armor for Marcus. When put on, Marcus becomes invisible until he starts moving. When he stops, he effectively doesn't exist.
Second floor, I got Hubologist instead of brother Paul, I effectively, can't acces abbey computer system.
Also in New Reno, when you ask Father Tully about abbey, its' location doesn't show on map, don't know if it should reveal it or not.

Vault 15, some Khan raiders on lowest levels drop two armors, one leather, one leather mk2.

Last edited:
@obimark
Thanks for the reports.

Abbey, north of Gecko, there's option of getting armor for Marcus. When put on, Marcus becomes invisible until he starts moving. When he stops, he effectively doesn't exist.

I found this one and already fixed it for the patch. I never knew that armor was available for Marcus there until someone else mentioned it a little while ago.

Second floor, I got Hubologist instead of brother Paul, I effectively, can't acces abbey computer system.

Are you saying that the character there speaks to you as though he is a Hubologist instead of Brother Paul? I will check this out. But, you should still be able to access the computer. I'm not sure exactly what is going on here...

Also in New Reno, when you ask Father Tully about abbey, its' location doesn't show on map, don't know if it should reveal it or not.

Ugh. The location is supposed to show. Maybe I forgot to update this script with the new location number for the Abbey from the RP. Instead, he is probably revealing the location of The Order.

Vault 15, some Khan raiders on lowest levels drop two armors, one leather, one leather mk2.

This is a remnant from the old way armors were created. I thought I already looked at Darion's followers. I'll go through these again.

No, he, and I assume he should be brother Paul, doesn't interact at all. when cursor is on him he reads as Hubologist, but I can't speak to him.

New Reno, Father Tully, can't complete bring abbey hooch to him. There isn't a line in his dialogue to finish it. I can and I did reconnet him with brother Samuel, but that's about it.

No, he, and I assume he should be brother Paul, doesn't interact at all. when cursor is on him he reads as Hubologist, but I can't speak to him.

The script attached to that character is supposed to be amonk5. Unfortunately, I forgot to add the script to the data/scripts folder. I will make sure to include it in the patch.

(And no, adding the script as is from the RP will not work. The script numbers and global variables inside need to be updated for the MM.)

Perish the thought :)

I got a strange bug when wearing power armor, the one from military base.
Every now and then my character just.... slides towards bottom left of the screen. If I move him anywhere he moves from original position, but it is slightly... eerie.

Can't get EPA location from Myron. Little weasel is witholding it for himself.
Can't tell Marcus to wait for me in Vault14 armor. Game crashes. It's not GVAR777 problem (it's value was 0 at time of dismissal) or maybe it's better to say it's a bigger issue than just GVAR777
Can't re-recruit Dobbs after telling him to wait for me. I'm flying solo and tried to get him to join me again, but all I get is that I'm too crowded (even though I'm, as I said, solo). That's message number 1100a, node1100 in his script. I'm not versed enough in fallout scripting to read it properly.

EPA, yellow level, after fixing lightning, I repaired the director of science, I can enter dialogue with him, I get to the part where I reboot him, then I have only [continue] dialogue option, but that one exits the dialogue.
EPA, orange level, after I fixed 4 holograms, groundskeeper gives me task of cleaning out plants, but I already did it and can't finish the quest.
EPA, green level, definitely can shoot creatures in cages through forcefields, walls, windows...
Game crashes if I try to open deathclaw grounds without first killing all the caged creatures.
EPA, grounds, I collected about 5 ornate rings, which are actually pamphlets. Also collected flight data recorder, which is actually bug spray

Liebowitz Monastery
I don't get holodisk to use on Vault City computer once I accept the quest from the main monk. In fact dialogue skips immediately after second choice to monks request to get data from Vault city.
In the basement, dialogue of the younger of two brothers is bugged after first branch.

Last edited:
After killing Metzger his slaves told me the location of the Slavers Camp, I killed all slavers there (and their dog), and even opened the fence with keys (that was some STAMPEDE!). Still I cannot open the door to the pen with other group of slaves and Sulik's sister. The message I get is something like "Slavers are nearby and they can hear you". But I'm sure there's no slavers around, all dead. Is some variable set incorrectly (if so - which one, so I can fix it)? Or is there another place with slavers on that [small] map?

PS: Found GVAR 961 (HAS_PERMISSION_TO_OPEN_SLAVE_PEN), opened the external door (=1 manually), but then Sulik's sister still thinks there are slavers around, and in the conversation with Sulik I have a choice to try to sneak or fight. I cannot open the door inside the pen and I cannot find any slavers. :(

PPS: GVAR 1128 (WIPED_OUT_SLAVER_CAMP) was (and is) set to 1, so the game knows that I killed all slavers.

PPPS: ;-) I tried to play Slaver Camp another way - talk first (they allowed me to enter the pen), then attack - and it all worked. I wiped out slavers and was able to open that door inside. Still I think there's a problem if I attack from the start.
Also, when I arrived to Primitive tribe I cannot get the weapons quest - the man who should give it to me is heavily bugged. No wonder this location needs serious re-work!

PPPPS: I think something's wrong with NPC levelling up in the build of MM I'm using (Fallout 2: Mib88 Megamod 2.47 US. Pyran's repack, clean install over FO2 1.02D ENG). I am currently lvl.9, but Klint and Sulik (both joined before lvl.3, never left the party) are still at their level 1, skipping two stages.

Last edited:
Gecko Enclave assault team encounter (after hacking into enclave network from poseidon nuclear plant)
It's a though encounter (as it should be), but after you successfully kill the enclave team their loot includes approximately 5 gauss pistols per trooper. They each carry from 4-6 gg pistols. While it's a nice loot, if you can take these guys out, you probably don't need the loot and it doesn't make sense for them to carry pistols instead of ammo.

Excuse me, this about the strange colors is resolved, I tried Megamod 2.46.
My mistake, sorry.

Just an update:

Edited:
I was having an issue with the RP version of the Primitive Tribe I added. The third map (the sea shore) crashed every time I exited that location. Took me a while to realize there was some sort of corruption with the critters and the attached script. That issue is resolved and I can now continue playtesting that area. Still having an issue getting some parts of some of the quests there to work properly...

@obimark and @chieftain486
Thanks for the reports/observations.

I got a strange bug when wearing power armor, the one from military base.
Every now and then my character just.... slides towards bottom left of the screen. If I move him anywhere he moves from original position, but it is slightly... eerie.

I've never seen it happen to the PC, but I have seen it with Klint. I honestly don't know what causes it.

Can't get EPA location from Myron. Little weasel is witholding it for himself.
Can't tell Marcus to wait for me in Vault14 armor. Game crashes. It's not GVAR777 problem (it's value was 0 at time of dismissal) or maybe it's better to say it's a bigger issue than just GVAR777

Did you tell Myron to leave your party?

I'll check out the Marcus crash. The sprite used for him in armor shouldn't have any effect on this.

Can't re-recruit Dobbs after telling him to wait for me. I'm flying solo and tried to get him to join me again, but all I get is that I'm too crowded (even though I'm, as I said, solo). That's message number 1100a, node1100 in his script. I'm not versed enough in fallout scripting to read it properly.

Working on it...

EPA, yellow level, after fixing lightning, I repaired the director of science, I can enter dialogue with him, I get to the part where I reboot him, then I have only [continue] dialogue option, but that one exits the dialogue.
EPA, orange level, after I fixed 4 holograms, groundskeeper gives me task of cleaning out plants, but I already did it and can't finish the quest.

I'll check out the science director. The issue with the groundskeeper was that the script was checking to see if you killed 22 plants (or something like that). But there were actually 25 plants. So, if you killed all of them, the quest couldn't be completed. I have already fixed this for the next version.

EPA, green level, definitely can shoot creatures in cages through forcefields, walls, windows...
Game crashes if I try to open deathclaw grounds without first killing all the caged creatures.
EPA, grounds, I collected about 5 ornate rings, which are actually pamphlets. Also collected flight data recorder, which is actually bug spray

I'll look at that location. I can set the walls to not shoot through. However, I'm not entirely sure what you are supposed to do there. It doesn't make sense, though, that you have to kill the creatures BEFORE opening the forcefields that hold them, though.

The items having the wrong names is due to the pro_item text file in data/test/English/game. The last version had my working file included by mistake, which I used to rename/renumber/recreate items from the RP.

Liebowitz Monastery
I don't get holodisk to use on Vault City computer once I accept the quest from the main monk. In fact dialogue skips immediately after second choice to monks request to get data from Vault city.
In the basement, dialogue of the younger of two brothers is bugged after first branch.

Working on these...

Gecko Enclave assault team encounter (after hacking into enclave network from poseidon nuclear plant)
It's a though encounter (as it should be), but after you successfully kill the enclave team their loot includes approximately 5 gauss pistols per trooper. They each carry from 4-6 gg pistols. While it's a nice loot, if you can take these guys out, you probably don't need the loot and it doesn't make sense for them to carry pistols instead of ammo.

Ugh. I thought I fixed this. What was going on before was that multiple sets of troopers were being created, one on top of the other. This usually happened if the player entered Gecko multiple times but chose to go directly to the Junkyard instead of the settlement map. Did you do that? Also, did you have to kill multiple troopers in one spot? Geez, that would have been like, 25 Enclave troopers or so. I'll look at this.

Last edited:
Big ups to the @MIB88 been looking forward to this for a while, accidentally stumbled upon the 2.46 instead last night (oops). here goes nothing, cheers!
***EDIT
So upon booting FO2.exe i get a dreaded memory reference error, starting the moment I try to change the Res. the options in game are also missing for the high res patch along with no congif.exe. Going to dig through the old thread because i remember this issue before, pretty basic....
(More to come including solution for anyone else who runs into it.)

*FINAL EDIT
If at first you don't succeed, try try again and always ensure you have DX9 installed... smh sorry for false alarm! forgot that i have reset this device since playing last.

Last edited:
Ugh. This tribe location is just cursed for me! I've finally got a whole bunch of issues for the Primitive Tribe resolved. Everything really does seem to be working right except for one thing: the quest involving Serin in the cave. I have not significantly modified the map, spatial, or critter scripts. I edited them to account for new script numbers and global variables, mostly. But this problem I'm having now makes no sense to me. Every time the gecko and hunter are created, the hunter is already dead! I enter the cave for the first time, walk inside, and scroll up to see a dead hunter. I get to the spatial and it asks me if I want to let the gecko kill the tribal or rush in to save him. But, the choice doesn't matter, because the tribal is dead. So, anyone have any bright ideas about this issue?

Started playing Megamod for the ARMOR MODS when no other mod had 'em. (: Love Megamod for the exchangeable armors and armor types and the backgrounds that change on the characters depending on which city they are in. I am looking forward to putting adv power armor on Cassidy and hearing him talk through a power armor mask! :D

I am on the Slaver Camp now. I stopped playing 2.46 because Myron kept saying "error." I did enjoy it for a while, not seeing some of the rude stuff he says as I am travelling, LOL, but then I couldn't do the jet antidote quest. And I NEED that quest. I don't want Redding to go to hell. ;_;

Currently playing 2.47. Oh. And I LOVE Miria and Davin and how THEY TOTALLY LEVEL UP IN MEGAMOD!!!!! (They don't in Restoration. ): Love that I can tell 'em to wait - because I wanna take em along, but not to the Enclave. :D

In 2.47 the first glitch I encountered is the Sulik's Tribe glitch. I can't talk to the Head Warrior. He is supposed to give the collect knives/spears quest and it's just jibberish, he starts out talking like in Restoration, then it turns to "error." Also there is no "collect knives" quest. And, in 2.46, everyone was hostile because there was NO slaver camp and Sulik's sister could not be saved, but the quests worked. Well, the collect knives and spears worked, the ghost quest worked, fix the well worked. In 2.46 the only quest that did not work was the cave quest. But once I figured it out, I just never took it and moved on. Quite doable. But in 2.47, I do save Sulik's sister (why is she Kurisu? I thought she was Andrita in Megamod?), but everyone is still hostile and the well guy does not give me the fix the well quest, and the head warrior does not tell me that he needs knives/spears..... :(

I stopped playing 2.44 because the game crashed every time I tried to enter Broken Hills and, well, I can't play without Broken Hills because Marcus! Marcus, Baby, Marcus! :D Who needs Myron, when I got Marcus? Actually, Marcus does. XD He is very funny with Marcus. Cass kicks him around a lot, but Marcus treats Myron like a chihuahua with that "Don't worry lil Myron, I'll protect you." Ha! Man after my own heart. :)

I do wish Myron got a "good" ending though. Like if he is with the Chosen One, maybe he does not get shot? (I have no problem leaving him with the scientist in the EPA if it keeps him alive, experimenting, and away from making jet and killing addicts and contributing to slavery.)

I never tested this, but I always wanted to know if it was possible to go into the Broken Hills mine with the broken air purifier while equipping an oxygen tank (Salvatore has two, or just take Salvatore's after killing him). That was my first idea when Zaius tells the Chosen One that while it IS possible to enter the mine without protective gear, "you will be hurting." I know it works while equipping the gas mask in the mine..... but also wondered if the oxygen tank can be equipped like this as well.

I LOVE BEING SHAMAN IN MEGAMOD! Hakunin's death broke my heart, but at least there will be someone to carry on after he is gone. ;_;

AND I AM GLAD WE CAN TAKE KLINT ALONG OUT OF ARROYO WITH US! At least I can save someone from my hometribe out of Arroyo. ;_;

And totally looking forward to making Lenny human. I never played that far in the game ever, and I never took Lenny..... but if everything else plays out, I may just be able to powerplay Megamod and turn Lenny human after I save my village.

Ooooh..... There IS a village at the end, right? Which version of Megamod has the new Arroyo? (I wanna see this!!!!! I'd totally bring Bess to the tribe. She'll probably get eaten, but at least the tribe won't starve.)

Question: I know that apparently it is possible for stupid female characters to be raped by Myron. But..... is it possible to HAVE SEX WITH MARCUS? I know there's that mutant in Broken Hills, that, if he beats you at arm wrestling, you become his bitch, whatever your gender. But EWWWWWWWWWWWW.

But... if, say, there's an option to marry Marcus...... I'd tap that. Just sayin'. ;)

I know there are plenty of bugs in 2.47. I really want to get that issue with the hunter resolved so I can release the fix for that location. (Still trying to figure out where to put the old version of that location.)

@Maldredda
I'll get to all your comments when I am back at my computer, as I really dislike typing a whole lot on my phone.

Edit:
In 2.47 the first glitch I encountered is the Sulik's Tribe glitch. I can't talk to the Head Warrior. He is supposed to give the collect knives/spears quest and it's just jibberish, he starts out talking like in Restoration, then it turns to "error." Also there is no "collect knives" quest. And, in 2.46, everyone was hostile because there was NO slaver camp and Sulik's sister could not be saved, but the quests worked. Well, the collect knives and spears worked, the ghost quest worked, fix the well worked. In 2.46 the only quest that did not work was the cave quest. But once I figured it out, I just never took it and moved on. Quite doable. But in 2.47, I do save Sulik's sister (why is she Kurisu? I thought she was Andrita in Megamod?), but everyone is still hostile and the well guy does not give me the fix the well quest, and the head warrior does not tell me that he needs knives/spears..... :(

Like I said above, I am having problems with the Tribe. Well, one problem. But, that tribe you are dealing with now will be moved to another location, and it will have nothing to do with Sulik or his sister. The next release will have the Umbra Tribe from the RP.

I do wish Myron got a "good" ending though. Like if he is with the Chosen One, maybe he does not get shot? (I have no problem leaving him with the scientist in the EPA if it keeps him alive, experimenting, and away from making jet and killing addicts and contributing to slavery.)

A good ending may be nice, but I don't know what it might be. The kid is a little snot. He has vices galore and is not at all tough. No, I think he is doomed. The only 'good' ending for him I see would be one in which he is still spreading some sort of despair across the wasteland while having someone else protect him.

I never tested this, but I always wanted to know if it was possible to go into the Broken Hills mine with the broken air purifier while equipping an oxygen tank (Salvatore has two, or just take Salvatore's after killing him). That was my first idea when Zaius tells the Chosen One that while it IS possible to enter the mine without protective gear, "you will be hurting." I know it works while equipping the gas mask in the mine..... but also wondered if the oxygen tank can be equipped like this as well.

It's easy to implement this. I just never considered it since I just thought the tank is what was stolen by the player, and not necessarily the whole apparatus.

And totally looking forward to making Lenny human. I never played that far in the game ever, and I never took Lenny..... but if everything else plays out, I may just be able to powerplay Megamod and turn Lenny human after I save my village.

Possible... especially if I ever get that part of the Alternative Life mod to work perfectly. I think it works now, but there are some bugs, I'm sure.

Ooooh..... There IS a village at the end, right? Which version of Megamod has the new Arroyo? (I wanna see this!!!!! I'd totally bring Bess to the tribe. She'll probably get eaten, but at least the tribe won't starve.)

Not yet. That is the idea of the New Arroyo mod, which was never completed. I have most of the files from that mod, so I hope to finish and include it someday.

Question: I know that apparently it is possible for stupid female characters to be raped by Myron. But..... is it possible to HAVE SEX WITH MARCUS? I know there's that mutant in Broken Hills, that, if he beats you at arm wrestling, you become his bitch, whatever your gender. But EWWWWWWWWWWWW.

But... if, say, there's an option to marry Marcus...... I'd tap that. Just sayin'. ;)

O.o

Last edited:
***Just going to continue editing this single post with any quick fixes that i find, for quick reference within this thread***
playing a brand new run through finding little things along the way

-Cold Hearts basement in Modoc, blowing up the trap door inside the ground level house reveals the entire hole+ladder, however it gives the same message "if only i could get to it" when attempting to enter.
edit (991:GVAR_OPEN_TRAPDOOR=1)

-Den Orphanage quest line bugged, after clearing out the junkies "Mom" doesn't even acknowledge the mission's existence.
edit (1135:GVAR_DEN_ORPHANAGE=3)

Last edited:
I know the trapdoor works. However, I usually use oil and/or a crowbar. I've never tried an explosive. That may be why you still can't use the ladder. I'll look into the script at some point and add the condition for an explosive.

I'll need to check on the orphanage. It works, though. Are you sure you completed the quest? Have the kids moved into it?

I know the trapdoor works. However, I usually use oil and/or a crowbar. I've never tried an explosive. That may be why you still can't use the ladder. I'll look into the script at some point and add the condition for an explosive.

I'll need to check on the orphanage. It works, though. Are you sure you completed the quest? Have the kids moved into it?

Made the attempt with first the oil and then second the crowbar and got the ol "that does nothing"

as for the orphanage, i played it through multiple times making sure one squatter wasn't hiding in the corner from me but yes they moved in after i edited the GVAR, mom also acknowledged the quest after the edit, but the junkies are back now too, and aggro. guess they didn't like being killed lol seems mom's script broke when i had to kill the squatters, playing a dumb brute for the first time ever. will have to go and edit the value again to see what happens. likely the town will be aggro if i kill them again

there's a solid chance these are simply local issues, but just in case, will leave the post up and edit with any future quick fixes to let you focus on the bigger headaches like that ol' BOS bunker ;)

Last edited:
Regarding that trapdoor over the ladder, it is sometimes hard to deal with. You have to make sure you are using the items on the trapdoor and not the ladder. I know, I know - it can be a pain.

I'll check these over again.

That damned BoS Bunker... ugh! Thanks a lot for reminding me.

Back