Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

WHAT ARE HOMELESS PEOPLE?

Are they cannibals?
Because they ask for food, and then they turn hostile.
But we can't interact.
I don't know what to do with such an encounter, so I have learned to ignore it.

THE RAINBOW COALITION.
They end up killing each other because the mutant(s) with the rocket launcher(s) end up killing the ghouls without armor just by the rockets' fallout.
(The lesson seems to be: NEVER GO ON AN EXPEDITION WITH ANYONE CARRYING BIG GUNS. Unless you are wearing POWER ARMOR.)

JET ANTIDOTE:
LET'S ADD IT TO MRFIXIT!
(Maybe make it available as a recipe after me and the doc make it in his lab in Vault City.).
(Because I am creator of such a thing, SO I SHOULD DEFINITELY HAVE THE RECIPE FOR HOW TO MAKE IT!^^).
(I need it to use it on Myron. Because I always took it for granted how, for the first few battles, Myron just stands beside me and does not contribute to battle, but later on starts. And then someone said that it is because Myron is addicted to Jet, and, going through jet withdrawal, he ends up with really low Perception and even less than his usual number of action points. So this explains the frequent misses.).

No one is worse than Vic, though.
He SAYS he can use pistols "pretty good."
But his count of CONSTANT MISSES has determined that to be a lie. -_-

It just occurred to me that I NEVER USED DOCTOR SKILL TO REMOVE RADIATION POISONING.
Is this a possibility?
I would guess NO.
Because the most talented doctor needs tools.
In this case, Rad-Away. (:
Then again, I didn't have a Doctor's bag to fix Bess' crippled leg, and I fixed it fine.
(But it is always the last thing I ever do, because SHE FOLLOWS ME AROUND MODOC. And I don't want her anywhere near me when I am killing wolves.).

CAN YOU MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO TELL BESS TO WAIT FOR ME?
Because I don't want her eaten after I have saved her leg.

IN THE MODOC BRAHMIN/WOLVES QUEST:
WHY DO THE BRAHMIN COME CLOSE TO ME?
This is very annoying because I don't want to hit them while killing wolves.
It's not like I am their owner, so they shouldn't be following ME.

MODOC:
I LOVE THE MINE! :)

I wish shop owners SOLD BOOKS.

If you have any text files that begin with "tribe" they should all be renamed to "rtribe" or "rtrib". Originally, the MM had a different version of the Primitive Tribe that is included now. The one included now is the one from the Restoration Project. Of course, these files never made it into any later patch as they should have because simply renaming a file doesn't change its created or modified date. The next update will have these files correctly named.
Thank you for the reply. I'll try it out.

Any idea why do I have that Den residential area crash? Or at least where could I search for the bug?

Is 2.47.1 not meant to work with the UK Version of FO2? Before I had 2.46.7 installed and it worked fine. Discovered the new version and wanted to try it, but message said it expeted the US-Version, not compatible with sfall.

Edit: Just tried to take the exe from RP 2.3. and now I can start the programm, no idea if it produces other sideeffects, but so far it runs fine.

Last edited:
@MIB88
Hi i have question if you using Fallout Dialog Creator for making a dialog scripts? And probably next using SfallScriptEditor or something. Or just writing it as it go.
I asking about coding if is like the original one:

procedure Node001
begin
if (dude_is_male) then Reply(200); else
if (dude_is_female) then Reply(201);
GOption(202,Node003,4);
NOption(203,Node999,3);
end

or something else. I was thinking if is possible to make and send you a some new scripted content like talks or quests.

EPA
I tried something different and opened two of the holding cells, one holding scorpions and the other holding the doctor's experiments.
(I am glad that this is POSSIBLE!^^). The third holding tank (rightmost one) cannot be opened.

Also, after I do this, the bubble above the scientists head gets stuck on "No! What are you doing?"
(I can talk to him fine, but it is weird to see that bubble perpetually above his head.)

Also, the door leading to the EPA shed opened with a set of keys... once I use the keys to open it, door automatically pops open. As in, there is no way to manually close the door. And, if the door is already open, using the keyring on it doesn't lock the door. (Why not?).

Also, on the Red Level, the door leading to the conference room, asks for a password, but no one gives you one. The security hologram just gives us the red key.

And, the secret door to another elevator just automatically locks when you try to open it.

The Green Level is just a mess.
The creatures apparently see through the walls, because combat begins, randomly in the room to the right.
And opening the door to the deathclaws (the forest-looking area), causes the game to crash.

Vault 15:
Darion died against the wall and his gun fell THROUGH the wall and became inaccessible for pick-up.

(Bishop's) Raiders:
-Drop two sets of armour upon death. (So does the Gatekeeper, who drops Robes AND Gatekeeper Robes.) (Vault 15 raiders drop two sets of armor on death.).

San Francisco:
-I can't get Badger to talk about his missing girlfriend and get asked to find her.
-Coming down into the centaur/floater/alien cargo hold of the ship, Suze immediately starts acting like she is a part of my team and FIGHTS THE centaurs/floaters/aliens. (and gets killed). Then, when combat is over, she DISAPPEARS. (And ends up standing back in her corner. From there interaction is fine, she asks to be saved, and runs after me and goes up the stairs.).
-I don't want Suze to die. But it was HELL running towards her as soon as I come down, and this one floater intercepts her and she only has 50 HP and NO ARMOUR and there is a centaur and alien nearby, but the centaur attacks me as soon as I fire a rocket at it, and the alien changes his mind about Suze when the rocket hits the centaur. BUT THAT FLOATER! WHY'S HE COMING AFTER SUZE! HE IS NOT EVEN NEAR HER!
-And WHY is Suze running out of her corner TO FIGHT THESE THINGS?

New Reno:
When I am fighting Salvatore's men, the one standing by the wall on the right on the first floor (where the bar is), upon shooting him dead, HIS GUN FALLS OUT OF HIS HAND AND THROUGH THE WALL TO LIE ON THE STREET OUTSIDE!

Father Tully.
Asking him about being a priest in New Reno, gets him to ask me to bring him a bottle of Abbey wine, but does not give the location of the Abbey.

SAN FRANCISCO:

I LOVE HOW THE CARGO HOLD OF THE SHIP LOOKS LIKE!
BECAUSE IN RESTORATION IT IS COVERED IN CRAP AND I HATE IT! >_<
BECAUSE THIS PLACE MUST BE INHABITABLE TO SAVE THE VILLAGERS FROM THE OIL RIG!
(Plus I just have when the cargo hold look crappy and disgusting.).

REDDING:
I like how the location where Frog Morton stands looks like.
(Restoration puts all these boards in there, and the bad guys can't get at me, they keep running around and it is annoying.).
(It is ANNOYING plus it looks ugly.).

I LOVE DANGEROUS DAN AND THE FACT THAT HE TEACHES US TO MAKE EXPLOSIVES! :)
(But why is the lesson unsuccessful if Traps is 90? I forget. I think my Traps was 50 or 70, but unsuccessful until I raised it. Why? Isn't 50 enough?).

Loading a save that is in Combat Mode has this glitch, where, shooting a creature does not do damage, it just says "Combat mode" or "Combat mode loaded." This was in San Francisco in ship's cargo area, shooting a floater. (If Suze is running TOWARDS ME HELLBENT ON FIGHTING FLOATERS, YOU BET YOUR ARSE I WANNA SAVE EVERY ROUND OF COMBAT MODE SO THAT SHE DOES NOT GET KILLED!).

I LOVE THAT OUTDOORSMAN ALLOWS TO OPT OUT OF UNDESIRABLE EXPLORATION ADVENTURES!
IT WAS PARTICULARLY SATISFYING TO READ, "Ambushed by Kaga. YES or NO?" =)
I didn't think it was possible to avoid Kaga, so it was very nice to deny him. (:

In the round where Kaga is wearing Mark II Enclave Armor, (WHY IS MY MARKMANSHIP SO CRAP? Big Guns is 120% and trying to shoot Kaga yielded 20% accuracy. WHY?), when Kaga finally DIES, he does not get a death animation of either being burned to a crisp (laser weapon) or being cut in half (laser weapon) or being ridden with bullets, he just stands as though alive and only LOOKING at him tells us that he is dead.

Arroyo:
-There is no one warning me about Kaga, before I go off from the tribe.

MODOC:
Modoc should have a house with a doctor in it.
Because the Ghost Farm residents will be going to Modoc for medical help, so it makes sense for Modoc to have a doctor. (:
In a little hut or something.
Maybe near to Farrel's hut and Rose's Bed and Breakfast. (:
(Because it is a LOL moment when the SH*T comes flying and Rose's and Farrel's places are covered in muck. (So much for Cornelius' cleaning expertise.^^).

MYRON IN BRIDGEKEEPER ROBES LOOKS REALLY BAD. ARSE.
(I nearly had a heart attack when I saw a ghoul face looking at me out of the robes' hood. Then I blinked. Oh. It's just Myron.^^).

No one will EVER shoot Myron dead in a bar IF HE LOOKS FRIGHTENING AS F*CK!
(A living Myron is a HAPPY END FOR MYRON.^^).
(Wish it were possible to turn Myron to the straight and narrow so that he does not go back to drugs and prostitution and making Jet.).

Vault 15:
Talking to Chrissy after saving her has this long line about being like her mother that does not seem to lead anywhere.
(The previous one was her calling the Chosen One her "knight in shining armour," or at least, "it WOULD shine, if you would clean it once in a while."^^).
Does telling Chrissy to live a good life serve a purpose?
(Because her original sense of humour was spot-on.^^).

KLAMATH:
-Sam's vegetables-looking kid... he loots his boss' corpse after I kill 'im and he steals this thing I need to show Sam as proof that I did as he asked. CAN IT BE MADE THAT THE CHILD LOOTS THE CORPSE AFTER I LEAVE, say, after 20 minutes or so?

-The young girl whose Trapper husband is (possibly) cheating on her. Why is it bad karma to tell her about Big Sally's job opening? She's not getting sold into slavery. And if her husband is staying away to make money, if she starts to make money for their family, he won't need to be away all the time. Or, if he is cheating on her, it is a good thing if she gets a job and stops dwelling on her good-for-nothing husband.

I remember one gameplay I was able to have Sulik (and Klint?) using Gauss pistols. They were high-level though, but it is very useful, especially when we are heading towards Navarro. I know Cass can use a Gauss Rifle (and pistol; only time he shoots a gun twice, instead of once) and very well. And Myron! Myron can use a Gauss pistol! (Especially in the Rat Vault! He DID end up shooting Cassidy dead on a first shot when he missed, though, but I think he and Cass break even because if Cass shoots at a rat THROUGH SULIK, Sulik is dead instantly).

I am glad that Cass' preferred gun is the SNIPER RIFLE. Because NO BURST CAPABILITY. :)
(I once FOUND a bozar on some shelf somewhere. This saved me. Never had to go to the Toxic Caves. I don't know what to use to get in there, EXCEPT PULSE GRENADES. BUT WHY DO PULSE GRENADES DAMAGE PEOPLE? THEY SHOULD ONLY DAMAGE ROBOTS AND ELECTRONIC BEINGS, LIKE SKYNET AND THE ROBOT DOGS AND SUCH.).

I also happily found a Sniper Rifle RANDOMLY. BEST DAY EVER! ;)

I WISH IT WERE POSSIBLE TO TELL NPCs TO BE CAREFUL NOT HITTING OTHER PARTY MEMBERS WITH BURST. (not sure anything can be done with Myron's terrible aim, though. There's no cure for stupid.^^).

I LOVE THE PANCOR JACKHAMMER TOO! :D

Is it possible to make Myron GET A TAN after he's been in the party for a while and we're going all over the place, even by car, because THE WINDOWS ARE DOWN, IN DA HOUSE, CAR JUMPING UP AND DOWN FROM DA BLARING BOOMING MUSIC FOR THE WIN? :)

Maybe it is something that can develop after 6 months or so. (I figure at first Myron will be unused to the glaring sun, and so will be paler than ever, getting over Jet addiction and rubbing his eyes all the time in the sunlight. Maybe this can occur in the first 2 months. Because this would hint why Myron does not contribute to battles, at first. He is hung-over. So this observation can be seen in the first few months, while Myron is still Jet-addicted.)

I just want MYRON TO GET OUT MORE. Maybe it can be an observation thing. After 6 months of travelling, maybe it can be seen when "looking" at Myron. Like, Myron definitely looks better since you got 'im out of that basement of his. I'd love something like this.

And maybe, once Myron's Jet addiction goes, so do Cass' comments about threatening Myron. But they come back if Myron gets addicted to Jet again. Like the Chosen One giving Myron Jet, or Myron using the Jet in his inventory because silly me forgot to take it away from him. Maybe make it contingent on the "Jet ADDICTION" status, not so much the Jet-using status.

I am still not sure, if Myron will be MORE or LESS susceptible to Jet himself.
If he made it, wouldn't he know how to avoid the pitfalls of addiction?
Or the opposite. If he made it, he has more access to it than regular mortals, and ends up MORE susceptible to its addictive propertiesl

Last edited:
Is it possible to make Myron GET A TAN after he's been in the party for a while and we're going all over the place, even by car, because THE WINDOWS ARE DOWN, IN DA HOUSE, CAR JUMPING UP AND DOWN FROM DA BLARING BOOMING MUSIC FOR THE WIN? :)

Maybe it is something that can develop after 6 months or so. (I figure at first Myron will be unused to the glaring sun, and so will be paler than ever, getting over Jet addiction and rubbing his eyes all the time in the sunlight. Maybe this can occur in the first 2 months. Because this would hint why Myron does not contribute to battles, at first. He is hung-over. So this observation can be seen in the first few months, while Myron is still Jet-addicted.)

I just want MYRON TO GET OUT MORE. Maybe it can be an observation thing. After 6 months of travelling, maybe it can be seen when "looking" at Myron. Like, Myron definitely looks better since you got 'im out of that basement of his. I'd love something like this.

And maybe, once Myron's Jet addiction goes, so do Cass' comments about threatening Myron. But they come back if Myron gets addicted to Jet again. Like the Chosen One giving Myron Jet, or Myron using the Jet in his inventory because silly me forgot to take it away from him. Maybe make it contingent on the "Jet ADDICTION" status, not so much the Jet-using status.

I am still not sure, if Myron will be MORE or LESS susceptible to Jet himself.
If he made it, wouldn't he know how to avoid the pitfalls of addiction?
Or the opposite. If he made it, he has more access to it than regular mortals, and ends up MORE susceptible to its addictive properties. . .

Back