Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

VAULT CITY:
WHY DOESN'T RANDALL SELL OUTDOOR SURVIVAL MANUALS? He sells the other literature.
HE SHOULD TOTALLY SELL OUTDOORSMAN MANUALS ALSO!
(I need to increase Outdoorsman skill for a very evil plan. IT IS CALLED AVOID KAGA LIKE THE PLAGUE! He tries to ambush me, I SNEAK AWAY FROM HIM IN THE WILDERNESS for the win!^^).

@MIB88
I've read it was fixed with version 2.46, still, i have a problem with Marcus.

Megamod 2.47.3 - Win 8 x64 - Fallout 1.2 US

He's not joining after fixing the air purifier, solving the missing person quest (letting Francis escape) and even catching Karl ? for embezzling money from the caravan.
Anything i can do about it ?
I've read someone changed Marcus script so he'd join whatever the quest status, something like that would be nice, it's a kind of game breaker for me, he's one of the few interesting NPC with Cassidy.

Last edited:
(I need to increase Outdoorsman skill for a very evil plan. IT IS CALLED AVOID KAGA LIKE THE PLAGUE! He tries to ambush me, I SNEAK AWAY FROM HIM IN THE WILDERNESS for the win!^^).
The best way to deal with Kaga is to kill him when he's weak, during your first travel from Arroyo to Klamath. And it's quite easy, especially if you have Klint with you. The key idea is to broke his leg with the first aimed thrust of spear or knife, so he couldn't run away when he is heavily injured.

@MIB88

He's not joining after fixing the air purifier, solving the missing person quest (letting Francis escape) and even catching Karl ? for embezzling money from the caravan.
Anything i can do about it ?
I've read someone changed Marcus script so he'd join whatever the quest status, something like that would be nice, it's a kind of game breaker for me, he's one of the few interesting NPC with Cassidy.
I recently played through the latest MM, and Markus joined me after I finished all quests in Broken Hills. As far as I remember they were:
- preach open-mindedness to prisoner,
- free prisoners,
- tell Marcus about plans to blow up the mine,
- get the Expert Excrement Expeditor perk (do it before you confront Chad),
- deliver more electricity to some ghoul (with optimizing the whole powergrid, if you are smart enough),
- expose Chad,
- beat Francis for the powerfist (the trick is to use chems on him, not only on yourself),
- find missing people - for free (you must tell not only Markus, but also husband of the killed woman),
- confront Francis and let him escape,
- replant Speaking Plant,
- beat the radscorpion in series of tests,
- repair the purifier for free (and combat rifle :) ),
- find sleeping Chuck Stodgers :),
- rectify uranium ore and sell it without profit,
- find the location of the old treasure.
I did all that (without optimization of the powergrid - haven't enough science points), and Markus agreed to join me.

Last edited:
I wish BOOKS were more available.
(I miss Mrs. Stapleton. I was her most frequent customer.^^).
If you use the chem trick to lower your stats and study books under the influence :) then you don't need much of them. I think it takes less than 10 books (of each kind) to absolutely max the stats (about 120%, I think, don't remember exact numbers).
By the way, Shaman Potion is the most useful drug for studying - better than any combination of other chems (although they can help too). Take three - and you're ready to learn! :)

Last edited:
I recently played through the latest MM, and Markus joined me after I finished all quests in Broken Hills. As far as I remember they were:
- preach open-mindedness to prisoner,
- free prisoners,
- tell Marcus about plans to blow up the mine,
- get the Expert Excrement Expeditor perk (do it before you confront Chad),

I did all that (without optimization of the powergrid - haven't enough science points), and Markus agreed to join me.

Thanks for the info, i did the supposed important quests according to the wiki but i didn't finish all the quests, missing the 4 i didn't delete in your quote (remembered about an excrement perk, i thought it was a bad reputation thing like gravedigger so i skipped it )

Edit : So, the chemist is gone (probably on of the missing people) so if that's blocking Marcus, i'm screwed (prisoners quest ), i didn't see any mention of preaching to prisoners anywhere, care to elaborate ?
I can't reach them, the prison guard shoots on sight inside.

Last edited:
Maybe i need to deal with the prisoners but i can't fool around in the prison, guards start a fight if i do for too long.
Just put weapons away from weapon slots and disarm all other members of your team - and guard will be at ease. Using Sneak also helps, especially if it is at 80%++ ;-) If you're OK with stealing, then you can retrieve the key from the guard, but also you can easily pick the lock.

As for the uranium, got a hint from the ghoul (Harry ?) but the ghoul in charge in the power plant in broken hills isn't cooperative.
Uraniun ore is in the mine, in the same secret place where Chuck hibernated. ) And the ore refinery is to the south of caravan house.

Last edited:
@chieftain486 Thanks, i figured the ore refining already, rummaging walkthrough and wikis.

As for the weapons, i'll try that.

Anyone knows a way to edit Marcus into joining the party through F12SE ?

I checked the vars already but didn't see anything, maybe i missed it.

In the hex part, though, under party, there's a 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 then 00 sequence, as i have 3 followers (Sulik, Cassidy and useless Vic), could be it, i'm tempted to add some 01 just to see ...

i didn't see any mention of preaching to prisoners anywhere, care to elaborate ? I can't reach them, the prison guard shoots on sight inside.
When you (and your team) unarmed and you don't click on doors then guard doesn't care. You can click on prisoner (the left one, if I remember correctly) and talk to him. In the end he does not understand your point of view, but you get some xp for trying.

Thanks but that's not it, retried from a previous save, did all the quests but blowing the mine (turned the prisoners after letting them escape, preached ... )

There's two things i did that could cause a bug, i turned down the chemist at first, so i can't go on with his quests (i can still free the prisoners without the quest though ) and i got the quest for finding missing people from the husband before getting it from Marcus.

My only hope is to edit Marcus into joining, if it's possible, i'm not sure i want to retry from an earlier save just to be in the same position again.

Maybe it depends on surrounding cities quests as well, like i didn't get any Vault city quests yet (official ones) nor did any New Reno ones (except for the boxing )

@MIB88
He's not joining

I had this same problem! I ended up playing the entire game without Marcus. ;_;
But the solution was really simple and stupid.
Like take off your armour and talk to Marcus or something.
I forgot what it was, I just remember it was very counter-intuitive and had nothing to do with the quests, because, logically, after all quests are done in Broken Hills, Marcus joins easily.
I am sorry I forgot what the working fix was to this, but IT WAS SO STUPID I didn't commit it to memory.

I REMEMBER!
TELL ALL YOUR COMPANIONS TO WAIT, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ROOM FOR MARCUS, AND TALK TO MARCUS AND ASK HIM TO JOIN YOU! THAT'S WHAT IT WAS! I AM GLAD I REMEMBERED! :)
(If your issue is the same as mine, THIS IS WHAT FIXES IT!^^).

I LOVE MARCUS TO PIECES!
(He has good taste in weaponry. TURBO PLASMA FOR THE WIN!^^)

LOL STUDYING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
THIS GAME JUST BECAME EVEN MORE REALISTIC!
(We do this all the time in real life! LOL! FOR THE WIN!^^).

I will try this. You said 3 shaman potions aught to do it?
Should I drink until I have no perception (1) AND THEN HIT THE BOOKS, THEN?
(LOL I can't write this without laughing. FALLOUT YOU ARE THE MOST REALISTIC GAME EVER! Ah, all those cram sessions in Uni...).

I never cripple anybody when I fight. (But it is a good idea. Because the dude is annoying with he running away thing.). (My high moral ethics don't allow it. I even figured out how to avoid killing the professor's scorpion when he comes after me after The Flying Liver Attack. Leave companions far away, because they will come to 'save' me and accidentally kill the smartypants baby scorpion. And I just RUN AWAY after our chess match and once out the door, I can close combat. I am glad it is like this. Because I don't like destroying someone's livelihood, and the scorp is the doc's).

I think I kill Kaga (usually) when he is in leather armour.
I have finesse, which I like because it can knock enemies out with a well-aimed punch to the head, and I don't have to kill them. (Like boxing in New Reno and karate in San Francisco). I think I will try it with Hoss, because he is such a smartmouth it would do him well to have his arse kicked so that he mends his ways. I don't want to kill him, just teach him a lesson.

But in the last play-through, I got offered the chance to AVOID KAGA in the wilderness, AND SO I DID!
I think I will avoid him indefinitely from now on, if offered. Let him stew in his own enmity.
Besides, by the time he finds Enclave armour, I am in Gatekeeper Robes, BUT I HAVE 10 TIMES THE MONEY HE DOES! So yeah. No wonder Kaga hates the Chosen One. Outsmarted! :)

AND I LOVE THE R KEY IN MEGAMOD! AND THE SHIFT! (Shift took me watching a fallout play-through to learn). And R key someone somewhere mentioned, and I AM GRATEFUL because IT IS DEAD USEFUL! Cuz sometimes companions like to block doorways, and R repositions them AROUND YOU. (Thank you Megamod, another reason I love Fallout!^^).

-Receiving oral sex in the Cat's Paw..... does it increase Strength PERMANENTLY by 1?

I have only ever used the Cat's Paw to READ THE DICTIONARY TO SKYNET (does it increase his stats? I never found out. He shoots better than Vic with that cybernetic brain of his, so I never had cause to worry about Skynet^^).

Oh! Once I paid a girl in Cat's Paw to have sex with Marcus. And he was all like, "I hope she won't get pregnant," which led to an interesting conversation. . . . ;)

SHERIFF'S STAR SHOULD NOT WEIGHT 1 POUND!
It fits into the Sheriff's hand and is like a badge.
Please make the Sheriff's badge weigh nothing.

I had this same problem! I ended up playing the entire game without Marcus. ;_;
But the solution was really simple and stupid.
Like take off your armour and talk to Marcus or something.
I forgot what it was, I just remember it was very counter-intuitive and had nothing to do with the quests, because, logically, after all quests are done in Broken Hills, Marcus joins easily.
I am sorry I forgot what the working fix was to this, but IT WAS SO STUPID I didn't commit it to memory.

I REMEMBER!
TELL ALL YOUR COMPANIONS TO WAIT, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ROOM FOR MARCUS, AND TALK TO MARCUS AND ASK HIM TO JOIN YOU! THAT'S WHAT IT WAS! I AM GLAD I REMEMBERED! :)
(If your issue is the same as mine, THIS IS WHAT FIXES IT!^^).

I LOVE MARCUS TO PIECES!
(He has good taste in weaponry. TURBO PLASMA FOR THE WIN!^^)

That's fucking brilliant !
You're a genius !
It worked !!!!!

You're my hero ! :ok:

I am in Gatekeeper Robes

About that, i've met the guy guarding the bridge, when i answered, he just left and if i attack him, he sends me an explosive cow (the mother****).
Was he not supposed to explode and leave an amazing robe armor behind or am i mixing things up ?

R key : forgot about this one, thanks, there's always one in the way, i'm sure it's a conspiracy ...

Time to blow things up !
:flameon:

You said 3 shaman potions aught to do it?
Should I drink until I have no perception (1) AND THEN HIT THE BOOKS, THEN?
Shaman Potion lowers Intelligence (-3 for one bottle), and Repair and Science depend on Intelligence, so 3 bottles of this. And some Rotgut - Outdoorsman and First Aid depend on Perception (yes, -2 to Perception for each bottle) - and you are ready to HIT THE BOOKS! )

Back