Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

After I got the quest to eradicate the mole rats from stark in vault city I appeared in a black map and had to reload the game.

Later after getting the parts to repair the air purifier in Broken hills the first ant in the mine froze the combat.

I tried 2 previous saves at other points prior to getting to Sulik's sister. Same result, she starts the dialogue when i enter the holding hut. After that I cant cont and I cant get rid of the dialogue window where ever I go. If I click the dialogue sentence I go into "sneak" mode.

Thanks for all the work you put into MiB. Until this point I was enjoying even with some other quirks, but this one breaks it for me.

Good luck. dialoguefrozen.jpg

I made burke at bos bunker talkative and fixed siege missing dialogues and crash, but i probably broken something as my modding knowledge is nonexistent. Use at your own risk when you are desperate to get into that bunker.

Attachments

I made burke at bos bunker talkative and fixed siege missing dialogues and crash, but i probably broken something as my modding knowledge is nonexistent. Use at your own risk when you are desperate to get into that bunker.

That is great! Thanks. I'll take a look at it when I can.

Only a small update for everyone. I fixed a bug I introduced in the last version. There was a horrible bug causing games to not be loaded if you told Klint, Sulik, or Cassidy to wait for you, then exited the game, and then went back to load that game. The files can be found here.

I'm having a problem with your mod which is the following: when I equip Sulik witch armor his sprite changes to a cockroach or a fruitfly but his talking head is fine! The only animation that did not change his sprite was the robes. I downloaded the animated talking heads mod V1.02. I appreciate any help.

I cant seem to go past the EPA entrance. The stairs in the warehouse full of green goo make me disapear but I stay at the map, my party still moves around, but I seem to be gone. The vents do nothing, as does using the rope on the elevator shaft.

I completed it in the RP a long time ago. Had to go there without the car because it disapeared, and the map lags a LOT unless I am in combat mode. Any fixes?

Ah, the EPA. I was in the middle of updating that location to use the latest version from the RP. But, it's a huge undertaking (new scripts, lots of new scenery, changes to many existing scripts). I thought I left everything in place with the version that was already in the MM. Apparently not. Well, then... No. There is no easy work-around for people trying to enter the EPA. It is just dead until I can get everything in the RP version... And who knows when that'll happen.

Ah, the EPA. I was in the middle of updating that location to use the latest version from the RP. But, it's a huge undertaking (new scripts, lots of new scenery, changes to many existing scripts). I thought I left everything in place with the version that was already in the MM. Apparently not. Well, then... No. There is no easy work-around for people trying to enter the EPA. It is just dead until I can get everything in the RP version... And who knows when that'll happen.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Good to know. Thanks for all the hard work, there's plenty of other content for me to experience still, and I appreciate that you made that possible.

I can't get in when I want to Den Residential. In Lara's quest I'm having trouble leaving Den Residential. Tyler isn't there at the party either.

I've been wandering the wastelands with Marcus for a long while after the Military base and I cant seem to get the random encounter with the key for it (and lockpicking doenst work). Anyone else suffering from something similar?

The Bozar in the toxic caves seems to be using big guns skill instead of small guns, but it is a sniper rifle now. Is that intended?

I get this bug at siege (find missing Brotherhood of steel patrol). The dialog is all "error", and when you finish the fight, you get this crash to desktop. Any workarounds? I really want to check the BoS content. Any way to tell the game to just ignore the missing text instead of crashing?

EDIT: Missed a fix that was posted in this page while searching the rest of the thread, thanks and sorry!

Last edited:
Uh, the Brotherhood of steel at the bunker attacks me when I enter the underground section, bringing the thingie to the General. No problem with the BoS above ground, or in the research facility.

I did kill the BoS guy in the Den like 100 hours ago. Could that be it?

Also, lvl 6 of The Glow can't be accessed, the tile before the elevator is non traversable.

Last edited:
I've been wandering the wastelands with Marcus for a long while after the Military base and I cant seem to get the random encounter with the key for it (and lockpicking doenst work). Anyone else suffering from something similar?

Try wandering around NCR and vault 15.

Bozar is using big guns because it is anti materiel rifle.

If you hurt any BOS member they will attack you.

Try wandering around NCR and vault 15.

Bozar is using big guns because it is anti materiel rifle.

If you hurt any BOS member they will attack you.
Will do!Thanks for the tip.

Oh, that makes sense, altho the description doesnt mention it being one. It just describes it as a sniper rifle. Thanks for clearing that out.

Regarding the BoS hostility, it makes sense for all of them to turn hostile, but only the ones inside the bunker? Noone else? I specifically killed the one in the Den and traveled to the other bunkers to check if they had turned hostile. And they didn't. So either way it is a bug. And one that made me waste 100 hours, since I specifically checked to avoid this outcome. Sorry for the complaint, but it makes me grumpy.

Last edited:
Have quite a bug here also, whenever im in caves or even near a cave mostly, I'll engage in combat and mid way through combat while it shows the little clock timer, Fallout 2 megamod freezes up, causing me to have to sign out and sign back into my desktop. This happened like more than 10 times to me. Any fix out there for this guys? I tried setting this in windowed mode, tried changing compatibility but nothing works as of now, I also added Henryde's file for the BOS error fix. I don't know if that plays a role in this though. Any help here?

Tyler isn't there at the party either.
Tyler was not at the party for me as well, however walking away from the party house and then ending combat took me to the church where Lara thanked me for the help in beating him.
After I got the quest to eradicate the mole rats from stark in vault city I appeared in a black map and had to reload the game.

I am having this problem as well. I enter the location and it’s a blank map with just the trunk of my car and I have to exit the game.

Later after getting the parts to repair the air purifier in Broken hills the first ant in the mine froze the combat.

I keep getting random permanent freezes in combat too, this includes near caves and random encounters and any random combat. A fix for this maybe?

Back