Megaton terminal-social interactivity?

Ninjerk

First time out of the vault
I'm on my second play-through and I decided to spend a little bit more time in Megaton before I blow it up. I have run into a few difficulties (or at the very least, annoyances).

Upon hacking into Moriarty's terminal (not going to post spoilers), I have found so much of the type of information/backstory that I've been looking for to make these towns come alive, but I can't seem to use any of it. There's information in there about an attempted rape, but when I confront either of the involved parties it doesn't come up as a dialog option. What's worse is the fact that after talking to the woman to find out if I could have some interaction with that little piece of information, the guy strolls up, sits down, and starts chomping on some iguana with nary a word between them! Can I really not use any of that information, for better or for worse?!

My second problem involved a bit of information I got while speaking with Jericho. I got the key he talked about, but I haven't been able to find a door that the key actually works on (much less what he said it's supposed to open)!

If anyone could give me some advice on either issue I'd appreciate it.

You can't use most of the info from Moriarty's computer, except the knowledge Leo Stahl is a junkie and the main quest-related info on your Dad.

I stole Moriarty's key, it seems to work on the cupboard next to the computer console but I doubt that's what Jericho was talking about. I can't find any locker near any bed either

Back