Messed up icons

• Thread starter Thread starter Smackrazor
  • Start date Start date
S

Smackrazor

http://www.smackrazor.f2s.com/messed-up.gif

I've reset my comp numerous times and I have no idea why my icons in the quicklaunch bar have inverted palettes somehow...

Can anyone offer help?

[a href=//fallout.gamestats.com/pipboy2000le/][IMG SRC=//fallout.gamestats.com/pipboy2000le/img/tmslogo.gif" border=0][/a]

[a href="mailto: Smackrazor@mailandnews.com" style="font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;text-decoration:underline;]Smackrazor[/a]

[font style=font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;]The Modding Kingpin​

You've probably reseted your display options to either 256 colors or lower.

That's my guess

"I'm Ugly and you're not!"

PAS

Well, no.

If I did that then the icons would not only be discolored but also look crap. The MSIE icon would still be blue however... etc

>You've probably reseted your display options
>to either 256 colors or
>lower.
>
>That's my guess
>
>
>"I'm Ugly and you're not!"
>
>
>PAS

[a href=//fallout.gamestats.com/pipboy2000le/][IMG SRC=//fallout.gamestats.com/pipboy2000le/img/tmslogo.gif" border=0][/a]

[a href="mailto: Smackrazor@mailandnews.com" style="font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;text-decoration:underline;]Smackrazor[/a]

[font style=font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;]The Modding Kingpin​

Ah here we go:

Problem: Corrupted icons cache

Fix: delete ShellIconCache (hidden) in windows\ and restart

Yeah, I sometimes have the problem that after using the computer for a while, some of the icons "change", for example, my jpeg files get the winamp icon, explorer gets the notepad icon, etc.

It's fucking annoying. Probably the same problem.

>Yeah, I sometimes have the problem
>that after using the computer
>for a while, some of
>the icons "change", for example,
>my jpeg files get the
>winamp icon, explorer gets the
>notepad icon, etc.
>
>It's fucking annoying. Probably the same
>problem.

Yours does that too? Must be a symtom of Win98se.

-Xotor-

[div align=center]

http://www.poseidonet.f2s.com/files/nostupid.gif
[/div]

Did deleting that file sort out the problem? If not then the registry has got slightly corrupted because it's associating everything with winamp...

>>Yeah, I sometimes have the problem
>>that after using the computer
>>for a while, some of
>>the icons "change", for example,
>>my jpeg files get the
>>winamp icon, explorer gets the
>>notepad icon, etc.
>>
>>It's fucking annoying. Probably the same
>>problem.
>
>Yours does that too? Must
>be a symtom of Win98se.
>
>
>-Xotor-
>
>[div align=center]

>http://www.poseidonet.f2s.com/files/nostupid.gif
>[/div]

I only used winamp as an example. It does it with all kinds of icons and file types.

Exactly. Glad to hear others have the same problem, so it's not a virus or anything then.

Its not just se its 98 and 95 do that. Must be yet another flaw in the 9x kernel.

Well do you have 32 or less MB of RAM and leave your computer on for weeks at a time?

(I have lots more ram now but that could have been one problem)

>I've never had that problem with
>95. So far, ME
>hasn't done it to be
>either.
>

>Well do you have 32 or
>less MB of RAM and
>leave your computer on for
>weeks at a time?
>
>(I have lots more ram now
>but that could have been
>one problem)

128 megs of RAM and it occurs after about 5 hours of uptime.

Never happened in Win95 for me, and I only had 16 megs of RAM and later upgraded to 48.

-Xotor-

[div align=center]

http://www.poseidonet.f2s.com/files/nostupid.gif
[/div]

I leave my comp on all day and I only have 128 MB Ram running 98 SE.

>>Well do you have 32 or
>>less MB of RAM and
>>leave your computer on for
>>weeks at a time?
>>
>>(I have lots more ram now
>>but that could have been
>>one problem)
>
>128 megs of RAM and it
>occurs after about 5 hours
>of uptime.
>
>Never happened in Win95 for me,
>and I only had 16
>megs of RAM and later
>upgraded to 48.
>
>-Xotor-
>
>[div align=center]

>http://www.poseidonet.f2s.com/files/nostupid.gif
>[/div]

Back