More Melee Weapons

madcaddie

First time out of the vault
I working on some new junk/improvised melee weapons that will use the existing animations such as two handed axes, picks, etc, trouble is I can't texture and don't have enough time to learn. I have Max and can make the models but I'll need someone to UV unwrap and make textures as I am in no way inclined to learn but enjoy making models. Is anyone interested in helping me out?

YES! Please bring back the spear, I loved that weapon in all fallouts and was dismayed when it was dropped in fallout 3.

My plate is a bit full now, but I am pretty damn good at UV mapping, though texturing isn't my bit, I can make a pretty basic texture.. I am running Maya and I can export to OBJ. The UV's should export as well.

Sorry dude, I sorta beat you to the punch on the pick :P

Ok great pm me your email and I'm send you my stuff in .obj format. I was thinking more of a miners pick but anyway the more the better.

How about some new-make primitive weapons. Blacksmithing isn't that hard and with the tens of thousands of metric tons of scrap metal just laying about its kinda silly that someone hasn't decided to make use of it.

I agree I'd like to add more sopositicated melee weapons like swords, battle axes, etc but I want to be careful to not make it to medievil.

madcaddie said:
I agree I'd like to add more sopositicated melee weapons like swords, battle axes, etc but I want to be careful to not make it to medievil.

Oblivion :lol:

Amusingly enough.. when I first saw the schematics for the Shiskebab, the first thing that came to mind was a spinning fanblade on a long handle, covered in flames.

To be honest, such inventiveness shouldn't be beyond the grasp of an intuitive person with the right kind of twisted imagination, lots of scrap and most likely the Blood Mess trait backing them up.

Just imagine.. a long, hard plastic pole with wires all up inside it, leading out into a large energy pack on your back, charging electricity into the jagged piece of scrap metal you've mounted onto the other end. ..Or maybe you just mounted a slightly dismantled power drill onto the end instead.

Imagination is the mother of creation.

Aside from putting together your own weapons, I don't see why someone wouldn't just use something like a jackhammer, or more accurately, the kind that you can carry and hold upright - they sometimes use those for walls and such, as I recall. I find it hard to believe that all manners of guns survived nuclear hell, along with cars and various other machinery, but nobody's ever thought to use a jackhammer to tear into people.

something like this
user1680_1156825450.jpg

or
http://www.lightspeedtyrannosaurus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/prison-shiv.jpg

Yeah, a Shiv is a make-shift knife. I guess a shank is a similar word? Low damage but easily concealable. That plus a mod for being able to aim with melee weapons should go along well.

the thing is there are no advantages for concealing weapons say from using a shiv and using a supersledge

the only "bonus" is a disposition mod when talking to someone if you have your weapon out or not.

But it's something that's easily modded, atleast.

Well you could get the bonus damage multiplier I guess if you're in sneak mode. Since the shiv is always "concealed" you could get a permanent damage multiplier against unarmed foes. You would still do much more damage with a sledge or combat knife.

There is a way to make people turn hostile if you draw a weapon.

Maybe if there a way to make a luck roll, a script -maybe, based on your weapon draw and sneak, to determine if people don't see your weapon.

Back