Ms Punk Girl, a new playable character.

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Geras, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Ardent

Ardent A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Jul 24, 2009
    Great stuff, man! Thank you! Although we're not using the appearance mod in MR, I'll still make sure the extra animations get used in the game. Well done! Keep up the excellent work! :clap:

2. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    NMA <3 Geras

3. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Expect an additional update for the RP the day this gets finished. I'm a sucker for new Fallout graphics.

4. Mutated_Mark

Mutated_Mark First time out of the vault

Dec 29, 2012
    That's so cool and looks great. Thanks a bunch Geras for your nifty work I'll check it out.

edit
    ###
    Okay I need to install the Appearance Mod first from the looks of it since creating an Appearance folder and putting your folder in there doesn't work, ah well the fun of beeing a newbie hits me :)

5. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    I have forgotten to include the original animations into the animations pack so use this one, now with all the leather jacket animations:

http://speedy.sh/cgsnJ/HFR00S01.rar

tribal update

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. Matthews

Matthews It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2012
    Sweet! Can't wait to try this one out in the future. :D

7. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    Update:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Mutated_Mark

Mutated_Mark First time out of the vault

Dec 29, 2012
    Stellar work Geras, can't wait to see Punk Girl ingame in full glory. Looking superb so far.

9. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Awesome stuff, Geras.

10. Matthews

Matthews It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2012
    Outstanding! Bravo, I say!

11. Snikers

Snikers It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 16, 2011
    This is beautiful. Just beautiful. I'm weeping over here.

Good luck, Geras! I'm looking forward to playing Fallout 2 as a punk!

12. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    Great work. Keep it up. :ok:

13. Snikers

Apr 16, 2011
    Can anyone re-upload these .frms? The download links in this thread don't work.

14. Lavo

Lavo First time out of the vault

Dec 1, 2010
    I'm stalking these forums for a long time, and I get adrenaline rush, whenever I see something as awesome as this. Great job!

15. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words, but I've lost interest for the game and for making the punk girl happen :( I'm happy that I've managed to finish the leather jacket set, which should be fully playable, a playable unarmed, pistol and smg set for the leather armor and playable tribal with a spear (some slight offset issues may appear in all sets and the tribal set doesn't have all the fancier death animations). I strongly recommend to change the default model setting in the .ini file from hfjmpsaa to _hfprimaa to prolong the tribal animation enjoyment.

For those (crazy) people who what to continue on this tedius, boring but rewarding work or those who just want to play as punk girl feel free to use the files below:

raw .frms:
    http://speedy.sh/WhuW6/punk-girl.rar

files put nicely into appearance folder, just unpack & copy and paste into 'Appearance' folder in your Fallout 2 directory:
    http://speedy.sh/fm54k/HFR00S01.rar

Whenever a re-upload is needed, please do contact me via pm.

Cheers! :salute:

P.S. For those interested in continuing the work: there are ~80 .frms of vault suit animations made by Yanok, but they need to be checked and corrected as they contain errors such as head wobbling etc. There are also a few .frms which are not included in the pack such as: unfinished big guns set for leather armor made by Pjotr, and some bits and pieces.

16. Jesterka

Jesterka Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 16, 2006
    You should reconsider.

17. Xellos

Xellos Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Feb 10, 2006
    Seconded, It would be a terrible pity. In the words of Vault Dweller "I hate to leave job half done", annd your work is awesome.

18. memetics

memetics ☢ Mysterious Stranger ☢

Jan 2, 2009
    +1. Just read the whole thread, and I was amazed at your persistence and the regular progress made. It's amazing work, what you've accomplished so far. Hopefully someday (in the not-too-distant future) you'll regain your enthusiasm for the project!

-m

19. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    Thank you :) Maybe when I get extremely bored I'll continue the work, but for now I have no will to do so :|

20. Snikers

Apr 16, 2011
    Well, thank you so much for what you've given us so far, Geras. I'm sure I'll get some good use out of the FRMs you've already made.