Mutants Rising: September Update

Dude101

Vault Fossil
Modder
<blockquote>As the seasons come and go, so does Mutants Rising continue upon its bleak, harsh and somewhat epic journey towards completion. Many men have fallen on this horrendous journey. A few determined souls remain.

The last few weeks have seen a significant amount of progress. The last area of the game (not the last town to be completed - but the last area of the game) has been completed and submitted for testing and a further town has also been revisited, completed and is being tested.

Latest additions include new creatures, many new scenery objects , two new fully talking heads and around 60 new scripts. (roughly - who keeps an exact count?)

In light of recent events, we bring you a little insight into the game in lieu of any new in game art pics....

On a cold night, you happen upon an army base, shrouded in darkness and little movement. It's almost ghost like appearance does nothing to dampen your intrigue over what secrets lie within.

A gruff looking gate guard takes you inside and introduces you to Sergeant Weathers, a bald and grizzled character who heavily favours his left leg. Though he doesn't seem at all pleased to see you... there is a fire in his eyes.

Days of training follow and further days of seemingly pointless tasks. Then, and only then do you gain access to the Brotherhood of Steel.

During your stay, you do many things and meet many new people. There'll be fights...
<center>

And maybe some more fights...

</center>

But which will yield the best rewards? Will you escape with your life? Better armour? Some secret new technology found nowhere else? Maybe a new friend or two? And what of the outsiders living in the slums under the protecting hand of the Brotherhood. Why are they dying all of a sudden? Find out these things and much more when you play Mutants Rising and enter Cedar City!
<center>
</center>
</blockquote>

TwinkieGorilla said:
looks great as usual...but can i make an unusual request? would y'all mind finishing this before i die? kthx.

Hope you're not dying anytime soon then :P

So when this mod is all well and done enough to have an official release, how long/grand/fullofcontent will this game be compared to say Fallout 2?

This should be released on the same day as Duke Nukem Forever.

Actually, that might be too long for me 8-)

How about being released in a compilation pack along side Fallout:extreme fallout tactics two , and shellshock three. They could even include van buren as an added bonus!

John B. said:
How about being released in a compilation pack along side Fallout:extreme fallout tactics two , and shellshock three. They could even include van buren as an added bonus!

I thought I read somewhere that they actually were going to release a Mutant Rising demo on a bonus disc for when Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound will come out. Have I been lied to?

As for the update, I like the new locations, but there's something in the writing that quite doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's a little overblown for some floating text? Also, in the second screen, there's a typo 'You were behind the attack on he ghouls and humans'. It lacks a t.
But overall I like what I'm seeing there.

Goweigus said:
So when this mod is all well and done enough to have an official release, how long/grand/fullofcontent will this game be compared to say Fallout 2?

It will be smaller, the size of Fallout 1 maybe, but it will have more quests. Also, we're planning an expansion pack with a lot of content that was cut from the vanilla build to save time.

@Jokers:

Hah-hah-hah. But MR still will be released some day.

@WorstUsernameEver:

Dialogue glitch spotted and will be corrected for the final release. As for it being blown over, well it's just before a fight, and the conversation is held between two NPCs, so it's floating text, like the conversation Val had with Vic in VC.

Ardent said:
the conversation is held between two NPCs, so it's floating text, like the conversation Val had with Vic in VC.

Didn't notice that. Still seems a tad too long to me (I imagine a dialogue before a fight to be more snappy and to the point), but it's probably just personal preference.

And the jokes, at least on my part, were not supposed to be vitriolic or anything. You guys still have a better track record than J.E. Sawyer. 8-)

WorstUsernameEver said:
Didn't notice that. Still seems a tad too long to me (I imagine a dialogue before a fight to be more snappy and to the point), but it's probably just personal preference.

Well, you know, this is Brotherhood - the 'glory-glory-Lancelot' attitude and all that jazz...:wink:

And the jokes, at least on my part, were not supposed to be vitriolic or anything. You guys still have a better track record than J.E. Sawyer. 8-)

Thanks. But you guys are right really - it takes us an awful lot of time, to the point of being ridiculous. But as much as we want MR to ship, there's just a handful of us, especially scripters (two), and this beast is huge. I get a headache every time I make to-do lists.

Duke nukem forever is apparently going to be released one, I'll believe it when I see it...

MR on the other hand was looking pretty good last time I dropped by the forums, not that I'm active on the mod anymore. Trouble is that there are too many good ideas that need to be implemented which pushes back the release date.

keep up the good work guys, I'm proud of you all :)

Wild_qwerty said:
MR on the other hand was looking pretty good last time I dropped by the forums, not that I'm active on the mod anymore. Trouble is that there are too many good ideas that need to be implemented which pushes back the release date.

keep up the good work guys, I'm proud of you all :)
Yep, the very same wishes from me, as one of the old members.

Gowegius said:
Back in the days of slow development and lazy modders, the game was almost as big as Fallout 2 IIRC. Most of the design was written by <s>Dack (the guy who provided the idea for a new girl critter)</s> SNorth (Steve North, the author of the novels 'Beneath the mask' and 'Dead tide'). I guess some of it was scraped, due to the project size and everything - which is IMO better, otherwise the mod would really need the suffix 'forever'.

Wow. Everyone seems more obsessed over the spelling mistakes than the content. :cry:

Back in the days of slow development and lazy modders, the game was almost as big as Fallout 2 IIRC. Most of the design was written by Dack (the guy who provided the idea for a new girl critter). I guess some of it was scraped, due to the project size and everything - which is IMO better, otherwise the mod would really need the suffix 'forever'.

Well - it will be somewhere in between the size of fallout 1 and 2. Some content was cut from the vanilla game and moved to the expansion pack for time saving purposes. There will be 10 large sized towns in MR.

Chris Parks said:
Wow. Everyone seems more obsessed over the spelling mistakes than the content. :cry:

Placing some typos is just normal and can happen to everyone, so it's not bad. ;)

And I think most of the people here can't wait to finally get their hands on MR. :)

Back