My screen needs an adapter to connect to my graphic card.

Makta

The DICKtator
And my new graphic card doesn't like that wich results in ripples? Was thinking of changing the vga-port for to a dvi one. How would that work? Keep in mind that i've never dealt with cords and such myself so i'm not sure how this will work.
And no i do not have a HDMI port on my screen.

Can you clarify which ports are on your video card, and which ones are on your monitor? Like Jebus said, you should not be using a VGA port in 2013. Unless your monitor is a billion years old, it should at least have a DVI port, as should your video card.

deadr4tz said:
Can you clarify which ports are on your video card, and which ones are on your monitor? Like Jebus said, you should not be using a VGA port in 2013. Unless your monitor is a billion years old, it should at least have a DVI port, as should your video card.

The monitor is not old. It's a 24inch with a few years on it. But it was made by Benq and they got some weird ideas.. When i google'd the monitor i found another that was released at the same time with more options.. And it was cheap therefor i got it :P

maybe the monitor has worse reaction to analog signal (VGA/D-Sub however you name it). Changing to DVI could improve things. Especially since the adapter could be the source of interference.

Like deadr4tz said, we need to know what ports your monitor actually has and what ports your video card has.

Here's an easy reference:[spoiler:f6b9fc7659]
lcdmon.jpg
[/spoiler:f6b9fc7659]

Basically, if you have DVI on both ends (the monitor and the video card), you should definitely just be using a DVI cable, which you can get cheap online (Amazon, Newegg, etc.).

Back