Need a fresh pair of eyes to look at a script

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by burn, Jun 26, 2019.

1. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Can't compile DCATKSLV.SSL from UP:
    Code:
    [Error] <DCATKSLV.SSL>:152:46: Expected 'then'.
    Can't see what's the problem. Tried older sslc versions, no effect. Anyone wants to give it a shot?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  2. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    If I cut the give_slave_weapon to:
    Code:
    #define give_slave_weapon(the_slave)                                                  \
                if (self_elevation != 2) then begin                                       \
                   if (random(0,1)) then begin                                            \
                      arm_obj(the_slave, PID_SPEAR, 1, 0, 0)                              \
                   end else begin                                                         \
                      arm_obj(the_slave, PID_KNIFE, 1, 0, 0)                              \
                   end                                                                    \
                end else begin                                                            \
                   temp := random(1, 4);                                                  \
                end

the script will compile just fine. It seems there can be only two arm_obj calling in give_slave_weapon, one more it will fail with the same error.

EDIT: looks like the built-in mcpp preprocessor can't handle heavily nested if-else. I use Watcom C as the preprocessor and the script compiles normally.

3. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Damn... thanks.
    Anyway, how is it supposed to be used from command line? I don't see any such option in compile.exe.
    Or should it be preprocessed into a temp file, and then that file compiled with compile.exe?

4. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Yes, it needs to be preprocessed into a temp file, just like in original P.BAT included in BIS mapper installation.

5. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    I see, thank you.

6. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    What are the exact options for wcc used in SFSE? I've looked in the sources, but can't find the %param% passed.
    Compile.exe dies with "line too long", I tried passing -pw=100, but then it wraps with breaking words, and sslc doesn't want to eat that.

Edit: nevermind, I'm stupid. Didn't disable built-in preprocessor.