New critter: scientist girl

Alvarez

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Have you ever wondered why there is no female scientists in classic Fallouts?

This question i asked myself, too and then started to animate a bit and tinker with offsets. This came out so far.

qF0lAbZ.gif
FsrEt99.gif
EGkE8n9.gif
9aETzsG.gif

The offsets were officially a bitch to adjust. I hope i made it somewhat right and it's late night already.

Is it possible, that you are rendering it wrong? You should render the model with antialising in the inside and deactivated antialising on the outside. This way you get the pixel stuff on the outside, but the inside is smooth.

Alvarez said:
The offsets were officially a bitch to adjust. I hope i made it somewhat right and it's late night already.

Some advice, it might help, I hope it does...

When you make a critter, and render it, make sure you render the entire picture field, so lets say the critter is running around and you want the critter to run from A to B, don't crop each individual frame around the critter, let it move through its cycle from A to B with all animation renders. As long as you have a good idea as to how far the critters in Fallout move with similar animations, you can workout the distance the new critter needs to move.

Now once your happy with this movement/distance attach the entire model to a null (a reference object that doesn't get rendered), and when you need to rotate the critter to move in the new direction simply rotate the null 60 degrees. That way the lighting (sun) will remain in it's correct location, etc.

Let the Frame Animator do the cropping for you, and you will never need to make delicate fixes with the frame offsets, which can drive a person insane. :roll:

That science chick looks great by the way.

Since I'm looking for a cNPC critter based on the character of my ex, I keep my fingers crossed to see your business finished one day.

Been working on the dialogue file for ages and the current critter (also a new one, accidentally) is solid but not optimal.

Fuck the privacy. Women's laws are so overrated.

Here's the frames if you want to check them out, btw. I presume they are far from optimal.

link

.Pixote., thank you for this valuable advice. I almost feared that FrameAnimator would scramble the image positions, (alpha) but then realised that he handles the coordinates of the whole picture and not just the character in the middle.

Lexx, i think i must tinker on the render more. The AntiAliasing is activated but it seems to be a global thing in Blender, so i have to twist some handles and press some buttons yet.

Ddrenai, Oppen, thank you. ;)

Jesterka, your ex looks pretty. :) I will be genuinely sorry for making bloody mess animations.

So far, from 38 labcoat animations, i made 15 and 4 are rendered in frames. But as you see, there is some fine tuning yet to do. The most difficult will be the deaths.

What Pixi said: don't crop your frames before importing to Frame Animator. NEVER. But you can enable autocutting to reduce FRM size, of course.

Also, try to improve shading/lighting/textures/whatever... because all I see is ambient...

Another thingy: animate your characters moving forward and then clone keys of the last frame in walk cycle before the first. After importing to Frame Animator delete that first frame (which is the same as last)... not sure if I wrote it correctly - it was soo long time ago. BTW, it's WQ's idea how to get movement anims smoother (when next cycle is played after moving it on the screen by the engine, or something like that)... Also, take a look at this (I think, image is gone, nope I didn't delete it ;)).

Back