New FO2tweaks version

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by burn, Nov 14, 2018.

1. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Just pushed a new version. Includes expanded highlighting, new damage mod, revised healing system and various other quality of life components. Readme, some details.

2. CPL

CPL Still Mildly Glowing
    Modder

Mar 16, 2013
    Cool, I'll check this out. :cool:

3. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    FO2tweaks mod is updated to version 12.5.
    This release fixes several bugs, and includes complete German and Portuguese translations. It’s now fully compatible with Fallout EtTu.
    Download | Changelog | Forum | Translate

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  4. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    FO2tweaks mod is updated to version 12.7:
    • Updated sfall to 4.3.0.2.
    • More descriptive healing revision messages.
    • Completed Italian, French, Portuguese, Polish translations.
    Download | Changelog | Forum | Translate

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. Timez

Timez First time out of the vault

Feb 12, 2019
    Do you still maintain FO2Tweaks thread here? If not I am reposting my question here.

FO2 ammunition has three modification parameters: AC mod, DR mod, damage mod.

Q1.
    I understand you tied up DR mod and damage mod together making them dependent. How did you do that? Just calculated corresponding damage mod and set it explicitly on all ammo types?

Q2.
    What do you do with AC mod? Left it as is so it still counters opponent accuracy? Something else?
    I would guess AC mod could also be indirectly tied to other parameters due to constructive bullet properties. Like armor piercing bullet are more pointy and more hard making them not destruct so easily in armor. Therefore they may have better chance to "burrow" into armor, etc. I guess it would be next step on simplification path.

---

Never mind. I have checked the code. All questions answered.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  6. vsirin

vsirin First time out of the vault

Nov 21, 2021
    Just writing to say thank you. FO2Tweaks has indescribably enriched and convenienced my playthrough and I couldn't imagine FO2 without it these days. Your hard work is appreciated!

7. Timez

Feb 12, 2019
    Questions and suggestions on ammunition DR mod values for your damage mod.

Here I have plotted 20 average damage weapon using different ammo against popular armors.

upload_2021-11-22_12-16-36.png

Where did you come up with +35, -35, -20 numbers from? I understand you wanted to make JHP behave closer to vanilla version. However, by your own words, vanilla numbers "are pulled out of ass". I agree with it. So would it be better to optimize them against different type of armor to make them more distinct maybe? I don't think most user play with calculator in hands so for them see distinct difference would be a better cue.
    In fact, you can just change the mechanics anyway you like to make them behave as you see fit.

One thing is that -20 and -35 DR mods are largely similar in effect. Maybe it would be worth spreading these values in general to achieve more noticeable effect? Like extend the scale from +100 for some exceptionally round and light projectiles like Buckshot Shell down to -50 for specially designed AP rounds?

Questions about specific ammo.

Rockets. They are not simple projectiles. Would it make sense to spread their DR mod values even more for more distinct effect?

Balls. Why 9mm balls are more armor piercing than 9mm bullets? Any explanation or need for that?

Shotgun ammo. They are perceived by most people as not AP things. Even shotgun slug is worse than pistol bullet because it extremely thick and not pointy and not dense. Would it be more logical to shift them away from AP part of the spectrum. Like buckshot +80, regular +40, slug +0? This way buckshot can be used in early game for bigger impact against unarmored critters but obsoleted by lightest armor.

8. vsirin

vsirin First time out of the vault

Nov 21, 2021
    I know you're not asking me, but ball is a slang term for full metal jacket. There are no actual balls involved.

9. Timez

Feb 12, 2019
    Right. I just looked at its picture in FO and they are regular bullet nothing bally about them.

10. Goat_Boy

Goat_Boy First time out of the vault

Nov 18, 2021
    Can I use this with Fallout Nevada?