New HMMWV sprite.

der Fluger

First time out of the vault
Modder
z3b4.jpg
97b3.jpg

New sprite of the High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle or Humvee. New sprite bigger than vanilla Hummer, because original sprite looks like subcompact car. Now this is real Hummer : )

Download links:
http://yadi.sk/d/QdleqraT6yRrk — vehicle sprite;
http://yadi.sk/d/URfZNIk36yWMO — NPC sprite.

Thanks to Hmt from fallout.ru for assembling sprites.

You guys never fail to deliver and now you have done it again.
der Fluger said:
New sprite bigger than vanilla Hummer, because original sprite looks like subcompact car. Now this is real Hummer : )
I completely agree and personally I favor this version to that of the original. I definate must have for my project thank you so much, you must thank Hmt for me as you have both accomplished what no one else can.

Once again, I salute you.

No really, I hope you continue these vehicles and even though I could give you lots of new ideas, it is good to see what you guys come up with. Plus you will be more than likely flooded with requests and ideas of your own so I will just leave you to it. Your work is good enough as it is.

Superb!

This new hummer rocks and its proportions may be more realistic; but I'll have to be honest, for practicality and simplicity I would have kept it the same size as the original hummer. Besides it making all other vehicles look way too small (not that the Sherman or APC really looked proportional to begin with); I have noticed large vehicle size can cause problems when spawning and driving on certain maps, specially when more than one vehicle is in use. I have had many instances where a vehicle gets stuck in a map because it spawned too close to a rock, tree or worse - another vehicle. Anyway, don't take that as criticism of your work.

I have noticed large vehicle size can cause problems when spawning and driving on certain maps, specially when more than one vehicle is in use.
There will be no problems with this Hummer, because bounding box even smaller than vanilla APC bounding box.
New HMMWV bounding box size is x:18 y:7 z:18, APC bounding box is x:22 y:11 z:22.

Besides, we want replase all vanilla vehicles exept buggy, so disproportions with original sprites shoud not be a problem.

Quite an ambitious plan you got there. And I had not noticed the smaller bounding box.

Mind if I place a couple of requests? Would like to see an M113 APC and either a LAV-25 or a Stryker... or both if its not too much trouble. :wink:

PS: The M2 Bradley IFV would make a good replacement for the Sherman.

der Fluger said:
9 days ago I was married and now I working on my honeymoon :)
That really made me smile dude.
I was'nt expecting that :) All the best and have a great honeymoon and an even greater life together. Not going to get all personal but I know where your at in life, I'm there too bro...

Back