Fallout 2 utility New map editor - GECK

Radegast

First time out of the vault
Hi, for the past few months I have been working on a new map editor for Fallout 2 (and potentially Fallout 1). At the current stage, it is only a little more than a proof of concept. However, I am quite confident that it will become a viable replacement for the aging BIS Mapper one day.

Link: Github repository

As I said, it is still very early in development and the code needs a lot of refactoring because it is a mess. However, I think the foundation is there - I mostly dissected Falltergeist and Klamath. It needs only one or two developers who would lend a hand to the project. So if you know any programming at all then you are more than welcome to join. Any help is appreciated! Also, if you have any ideas for new features you can share them here

Planned features:
  • cross-platform (Windows 10, OS X, Linux)
  • user-friendly (fully customizable interface)
  • support for modern image and audio formats (auto-conversion)
  • extensible
R3t3oFO.png

C++ ehhh((((( it seems that the language chosen is not very effective in terms of writing code speed.

[Imho] if you chose c++, it would probably be better to do it directly in the Falltergeist engine, as it was implemented in BIS: engine+map-editor

Last edited:
[Imho] if you chose c++, it would probably be better to do it directly in the Falltergeist engine, as it was implemented in BIS: engine+map-editor

I agree. If I had the skills and if Alexey would approve my pull requests then it would be an ideal solution. Unfortunately, Falltergeist is not being actively developed at the moment and my pull requests are usually ignored, so this is the next best thing.

I agree. If I had the skills and if Alexey would approve my pull requests then it would be an ideal solution. Unfortunately, Falltergeist is not being actively developed at the moment and my pull requests are usually ignored, so this is the next best thing.
Make your fork without any "dead" Alexey repos.
if you don't have the skills, then how are you going to continue coding this mapper.

Back