New tools for Fallout 1/2

Cubik2k

Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
Modder
All tools are uploaded to NMA Download. Any infomrations of updates are commited to NMA Downlad.

Here are Tools I made for Fallout 1/2:

F2wedit v.1.4.9.28 - The tool for edit/create items PRO files in Fallout game. Since version 1.4.x.x supports files from Fallout 1.
Files "master.dat' and critter.dat' and EXE ('fallout2.exe' or 'falloutw.exe') are used for work.
http://newfmc.pl/Cubik_Fallout_Tools/download_f2wedit.php

FO2FO1 map converter v.2.1.3.7 - updated tool for conversion maps from FO2 format (edited in BIS mapper) to FO1 format.
http://newfmc.pl/Cubik_Fallout_Tools/download_FO2FO1_map_converter.php

Fallout 1 debug patcher - enables debug code.
The tool works with falloutw.exe: v1.1 US, TeamX v1.2, Sduibek FIXIT Mod v1.2
http://newfmc.pl/Cubik_Fallout_Tools/download_FO1_debug_patch.php

Fallout 1/2 Critters Editor v.1.2.3.7 - simple editor for critters *.pro files
Works with FO1 and FO2 files. There are included unpacked neccessary files to work with the tool.
http://newfmc.pl/Cubik_Fallout_Tools/download_FO12_critters_editor.php

Fallout 1 Encounter Tweaker v.0.4.5.14 - the tool for change encounter frequency check. Works with Fallout 1 ver 1.2 only (US, TeamX)
It is usefull when you need more or less encunters while wandering on global map ;)
http://newfmc.pl/Cubik_Fallout_Tools/download_FO1_encounter_tweaker.php
I noticed some problems with hi-res patch (Mash FO1 high resolution patch).
It could crash/frezze game after use FO1 encounter tweaker when you try to move on worldmap.
With clean FO1 game it doesn't happen.
If you will notice such things, please report.

Conditionally compatible with Mash's FO1 hi-res patch v3.0.x.

All tools was tested several times, however I can not guarantee they are free of bugs, so please make backup of your files.

Enjoy! :)

EDIT 22.09.2011 - improved speed of FO2FO1 map converter (v 2.1.3.7) - use the same link to download tool

EDIT 06.12.2011 - updated Fallout 1 Encounter Tweaker (v 0.2.3.2) - added support for falloutw.exe from Sduibek Mod alpha 4.

EDIT 23.04.2012 - updated Fallout 1/2 Critters Editor (v.1.2.4.8) - added missing pictures (thx to Pixote), fixed bugs (FO1 skills values calculations), added option to optional editing BASE values (default disabled), other minor visual/functional improvenments and changes.

EDIT 25.04.2012 - updated Fallout 1/2 Critters Editor (v.1.2.3.7)
- fixed bug with "file not found" message when convert FO1 to FO2,
- added rotate critters in the window like in Titanium FRM, editor use animated GIFs. However, this enlarge the pack because of large number of pictures :/
- minimize/maximize window,
- blue background for pictures

EDIT_2 25.04.2012 - updated Fallout 1/2 Critters Editor (v.1.2.4.8)
- fixed minor code bug,
- fixed frame of overseer (thx Pixote)
- all pictures are in ZIP archive now

EDIT 26.04.2012 - updated Fallout 1 Encounter Tweaker (v 0.3.4.7) - fixed minor bug with restoring to original state when EXE was tweaked before (when value of encounter frequency other then 65). Still not compatible with Mash's FO1 hi-res patch!

EDIT 28.04.2012 - new version of F2wedit v 1.4.3.17 support FO1 'master' and 'critter' DAT files.

EDIT 28.04.2012 - update F2wedit v 1.4.4.19 - added option for extract all necessary FRM fles for faster work on FO1 items (Main menu -> Tools -> Extract necessary FRM)

EDIT 03.05.2012 - update F2wedit v 1.4.5.20 - fixed bug with no save PERK for items (thx to NovaRain)

EDIT_2 03.05.2012 - updated Fallout 1 Encounter Tweaker (v 0.4.5.14 a) - GUI improvenments, added new option to change Chance of normal encounters. Conditionally compatible with Mash's FO1 hi-res patch v3.0.x.

EDIT 05.05.2012 - update F2wedit v 1.4.6.21 - added option for change game directory

EDIT 18.01.2014 - update F2wedit v 1.4.7.24 - removed log.txt file; possibility to run more instances of the program; fixed and changed working of FLAG checkbox's for MISC, KEY, Container proto files; added possibility to locate game directory, master.dat, critter.dat and patch000.dat; temporary fix of # issue in pro_item.msg file

EDIT_2 18.01.2014 - update F2wedit v 1.4.8.25
- very likely that the unmodified *.pro files will not change their date while browsing, until be edited. (unfortunately PRO_ITEM.MSG still works in old order)
- fixed working of FLAG checkbox's for WEAPON prot files, added Done/Cancel button for them. This prevents modifying a file while browsing without editing.
- a slightly improved settings *.dat files: for now it is possible to select another *.dat file (not only patch000.dat) i.e. "shattered_eng.dat" ;)
- fixed some minor bugs

EDIT 07.07.2014 - update F2wedit v 1.4.8.27
- a slightly improved settings *.dat files: supported German "master.dat"
- fixed: if there are problems reading from the file master.dat, restarting the program will allow to set the paths to the files again

EDIT 10.09.2014 - update F2wedit v 1.4.9.28
- fixed bug for MISC items: (http://www.nma-fallout.com/showthre...-Fallout-1-2&p=4026540&viewfull=1#post4026540)

Last edited:
Thank-you Cubik2k for your excellent work. :salute: I've been looking forward to your critter editor.

I added to first post a link to next tool for Fallout 1:

Fallout 1 Encounter Tweaker
With this tool you can change encounter frequency rate while wandering on worldmap.

Enjoy!

Please redownload "FO1 Encounter Tweaker". I made not dangerous mistake in previous code of the tool, it just changes nothing in FO1.

Now the tool should works properly, and will change encounter frequency rate, sorry for mistake.

Link to "FO1 Encounter Tweaker" is the same and you can find it in first post in the thread.

Will you ever make F2wedit compatible with Fallout 1?

The .pro files are interchangeable between F1 and F2 so it shouldn't be too problematic. For now, I just copy the edited files from my Fallout 2 folder to Fallout 1. However, your editor conflicts with the FALCHE save game editor so I had to create a second Fallout 2 folder.

As for your critter editor, it's great and it needs just one more thing to completely defeat the FUCK critter editor. In the FUCK editor, you can edit the Critical Hit rate.

Cubik I sent you a PM a few days ago but this is probably a more appropriate place to post this -- your new map converter takes much longer than the old one. Do you know why? It takes about ten times as long for me to convert maps.

For example to convert roughly a dozen maps takes something like thirty minutes, whereas before it would take about four. (estimated figures, i'm not actually timing it :P)

Ideas?

I found what was so slow in source code of tool and FO2FO1 map converter is updated from now to v2.1.3.7 and it works really more faster. :)

Thanks Sduibek for report :)

Cubik2k said:
I found what was so slow in source code of tool and FO2FO1 map converter is updated from now to v2.1.3.7 and it works really more faster. :)

Thanks Sduibek for report :)
Awesooome! You're the best :D

I'm confused, in the .exe i'm using, the code @ the Offsets you change is different. I don't know why :(

For example instead of BA 41 00 00 00 90 i have 8B 2D A4 0F 67 00 ...

--------

I'll go back and check if needed, but I believe the only changes to the FIXT exe are:
- Sharpshooter fix
- Harry Hub game end image (from TeamX RP)
- f1res of course

Sduibek said:
I'm confused, in the .exe i'm using, the code @ the Offsets you change is different. I don't know why :(

Those hexes are correct, this is the effect of reverse engineering of the code part.

Cubik2k said:
Sduibek said:

Those hexes are correct, this is the effect of reverse engineering of the code part.
I don't know exactly what you mean, but if you're able to add support for my version of the exe at some point that would be great :clap:

Sduibek said:
(..) if you're able to add support for my version of the exe at some point that would be great :clap:

Updated Fallout 1 Encounter Tweaker (v 0.2.3.2) - added support for falloutw.exe from Sduibek Mod alpha 4.

Link to a file is in the first post.

Back