Night vision perk

the_E_y_E

First time out of the vault
Hello, this is my first post here, but I've been following the site for years. Glad to finally join this awesome community.

I have an idea for a FO2 mod: change Night Vision. Maybe it's just me, but I think the perk's visual effect is a bit dull and disappointing. More like "late afternoon" or "early evening" vision, instead of actual night vision. Not that it should be 100% realistic, but it could be made into something really cool and eerie, that made you feel like a hunter/predator, prowling the night.

How difficult would it be to change Night Vision's look?

I’ll chime in.

A visual change while a player has a gun with night vision enhancement on their active item slot sounds good, but night vision is such a rare perk, I often already equipped my character with a more powerful weapon when I meet Algernon in the weapons shop. And depending on your character build, you won’t ever have the opportunity of using this weapon upgrade.

It shouldn’t be restricted to “small guns”, it’d be nice to also have energy / big guns enhanced with such an upgrade.

As is, I think it’s a waste of time to make such a mod for so little benefit. There should be a rebalance.

Now, if you’re solely talking about the main character perk, I don’t think this would be that great of a feature, what if you eventually want to deactivate the “predator filter”? If it only appears while you’re holding a gun, you can simply remove or replace the currently active item, but you can’t remove a perk you’ve taken from the perk selection window (you’d have to use a save editor for that).

Back