Nival does Heroes of Might and Magic

Hmm.. interesting. I remember reading somewhere that the producers are looking to bring Heroes 5 "up to date", making it... hmm... modern. The anime-style concept art was motivated with that bullshit. I can't find the site were I read that anymore, but I found some of the concept art pics here: http://www.strategyplanet.com/homm/camelot/

Don't know if that concept art is still part of the current project, but I hope it's not. Goddamnit... anime in Heroes. Eeeew.

Edit: Stupid me! Only now I saw the Archangel on the header of the site... so yeah, it seems the concept art is still part of the project.

As I said to Briosafreak on MSN today, I really have faith in Nival. And I assume they will make the game TB, which is one reason why I love them :D

Not sure. HoMM5 to HoMM looks to me like Fallout Tactics to Fallout. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. From the four screenshots in their page - I'm quite sceptical.

The graphics are real impressive, I've always liked the heroes series. It looks like it had influences from Age of wonder's graphical design but who knows. I'd buy it :).

Nival is pretty good, silent storm was wonderful until those dreary panzerkleins showed up... and anyway, it can't suck much more than homm4 did

I think I just keep Playing Heroes4.. I'm addicted anyway
Those Screenshots look pretty much like Warcraft III to me

Meh, I don't know why but I still prefer Heroes III over Heroes IV.

At least scenario-wise, H3 is far superior. The Campaing in H3 had a continuity that made you wanna play on just to see what happens next, while H4 just had a bunch of totally unrelated campaings.
Then there's also that wierd sound when casting "bloodlust" in H3 that is totally awesome :lol:

And these screenshots do look a bit like "Warcraft III meets Final Fantasy"...

The Campaing in H3 had a continuity that made you wanna play on just to see what happens next, while H4 just had a bunch of totally unrelated campaings.

At least they had interesting stories that were excellent written, and the objectives in each mission managed quite often to get over the "kill them all find the artifact" crap.

Ergh... this does not bode well... considering that nival sold out.

Hold out for teh thrilling action-rpg Heroes of might and majick.

Lord Powerslave said:
Meh, I don't know why but I still prefer Heroes III over Heroes IV.

Then there's also that wierd sound when casting "bloodlust" in H3 that is totally awesome :lol:

And these screenshots do look a bit like "Warcraft III meets Final Fantasy"...

Lol,ela re,vrika patriotaki sto nma :D [/Greek language]

As he said Heroes 3 is the best In the series.4 was complete crap and this looks like a warcraft 3 mod. One great series of games goes to the grave.

The console-style combat system is still in planning, and if it does make it to the release version, it will be optional. It remains to be seen, though, if (or rather, how much) classic turn-based combat will suffer because of this (in my opinion poor) design decision.

Regardless, as long as they don't do anime-style characters, it's all good. Oh, wait...

Back