Nival does Heroes of Might and Magic

So anyway, I managed to "obtain" a copy of the beta of HOMM5 and I must say, it's really not as bad as I thought it'd be. It's a bit confusing at first, but if I can live through Hearts of Iron 2, I can live through anything.

The graphics are nice, they still have turn based, as far as I've played, it's pretty much the same kingdoms.

All in all, I quite enjoy it.

HoMM V

A demo of this game is out since a week or something like that.

Any one tried it?

Im a big fan of this serie and i must say that it seems like they made a doesn't game! I really didn't think that a game i have this high expectations on would make it, its not very common that a game delivers now days :? But this one seems to!

Any comments of the demo?

Heroes Of Might And Magic 5. There's already a thread about it.
Search the next time, Keyser, I recall that you've failed to do that before.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but most comments I've heard have been resoundingly positive. People praise the fact that the game regresses back to the gameplay of Heroes III in most respects. I heard no complaints about the visuals, so my guess is the transition to 3D went more or less smoothly. Neither did I hear any mention of anime style, which has been one of my main concerns ever since the first concept art was released. Sadly there is no hotseat in the demo (or so I've been told), so there is no way to give multiplayer a test drive yet.

Ops sry :oops:

Ratty there is a duel system in MP in the demo.
But you only choose one of six heroes with pre set armies and spells and artifacts etc.

Kinda fun for now but thats not how to play HoMM :)

I thought CDV were responsible for Blitzkrieg?

Nival are responsible for some gems like Silent Storm and some truly horrid titles like Hammer & Sickle.

I played the demo and wrote impressions on it for my brothers site. The graphics are nice, I think the art isn't as good but that may be because I've been playing the disciples games a lot lately which are beautiful.

The environments are alive, as are the characters giving a nice touch to things. However, it's a lot harder to see resources on the main map because they can sit behind foliage and really just don't distinguish at all.

On the plus, the game seems a lot deeper. Castle upgrading seems to have a lot of direction to it, with different buildings enabling your citadel to grow in levels. A lot of different unit types and they don't cancel out like heroes 4 did.

Overall, I enjoyed it and found myself getting sucked in. But then again, the same thing happened when I played the rise of legends demo. Maybe I'm just starved for games right now.

Ratty said:
I thought CDV were responsible for Blitzkrieg?

Nival are responsible for some gems like Silent Storm and some truly horrid titles like Hammer & Sickle.

Well, CDV published it. I'm not really a fan of Blitzkreig. Perhaps they're the Rockstar of Europe, with multiple offices with the same name all over the place.

Im more interested in the Dark Messiah game than this, although ...this looks nice so far.
Heroes are good sometimes for breaking the pace a little. But not much more.

But this dark Messiah looks like the step in the right direction, ive kind of been waiting for something like that to surface up finaly. Oblivion is a good step too
in some ways.

Sina said:
But this dark Messiah looks like the step in the right direction, ive kind of been waiting for something like that to surface up finaly.

I actually liked Arx Fatalis by Arkane for some points. The affinity to Dark Messiah can not be overlooked by watching the game trailer. Besides i don't know which direction you explicitly mean it could become a quite entertaining action-adventure.

Its a private thing... it is a direction...to the game.

the game.

with everything.

Back