No Blood Allowed - Blood Bowl 2 Tournament - On sale at one point but you missed it

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

Blood Bowl 2 is a tabletop American football style Warhammer game that has managed to gain a loyal following in video game form in recent years. Since Blood Bowl 3 is coming out this year they are selling everything for cheap meaning now is the time for us to try to get a couple of people together to bash some heads in. Sports fans need not apply. Last I heard in regular football the ref can't come out onto the field and kick you in the dick.

60010999005_ENGBloodBowlSeason2Lead.jpg

There are the roots so you can see this is not John Madden (RIP) so bear with me non sports fans as we attempt to muster enthusiasm long enough to get people in a group to do something besides post Ukraine videos.

bb2_playing.jpg

blood-bowl-2_2714040.jpg

2015-09-14_00004.jpg

At 2.99 on Steam you get the base game which is enough to hop into this tourney and play with a bunch of noobs. You can spend a little more for Legendary and get the expansion and all the teams but you don't need that to play. You can probably beat our ass with a human team with 2.99. FYI Risewild said the base game was not 2.99 in Australia so the price might be a little different where you are.

This thread is to gather the teams together so we can get through the campaign tutorial, make our teams, and know what to expect and how many teams to plan on playing against. I currently have around 5 or 6 people on my list that just got the game for this. I hope to get more.

Once again this is not regular football which is boring. This is like a turn based mutant league football board game brought to life.

There is no real learning curve to speak of. I figured it out in one hour. You move your whole team on your turn. JOIN US.
D37B366DED328DC84DBFDAC964250A8572B2523E

@Verevoof

Why don't you like me Voof? Is it because my Orderite penis fell off? Please like me for popular approval.

@Walpknut

Please be my friend and like and subscribe after you smash that install button. No pressure but if you don't your favorite hentai goddess will be injured in dark and eldritch ways.

@Dragula

You don't need to post at NMA to compete either.

@Aurelius Of Phoenix I think this is your name here, Stormbringer. Hit the rad button to say you will play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suck at this game. :confused:

I'm having trouble with the campaign, the elves won a game against me, on the third turn they scored a touchdown and I couldn't recover. I managed to win against them on the second try, but now I'm being beaten by the next team. :wall:

I keep playing and seeing the AI being really dumb just so I stand a chance... I think I will not be able to win any game against a human player (unless they lose on purpose). :lmao:

I suck at this game. :confused:

I'm having trouble with the campaign, the elves won a game against me, on the third turn they scored a touchdown and I couldn't recover. I managed to win against them on the second try, but now I'm being beaten by the next team. :wall:

I keep playing and seeing the AI being really dumb just so I stand a chance... I think I will not be able to win any game against a human player (unless they lose on purpose). :lmao:

Actually the elves are the best playing team in the base game. I keep losing to the AI too but I am experimenting and stuff. Team composition matters too. What team are you using?

Just don't get frustrated try playing a local game against a different team type to see how it plays out of tutorial. Or just play me right quick for fun if you are up and around. That should be stated this is just for fun so don't get discouraged we are all learning at the same time. I know Chaos only has three guys because they like to just kick people on the ground instead of play catch.

A couple of not obvious tips:

If you are running on the sidelines and someone decides to knock you outside the fans will kill you.

Each team has different unit types and pros and cons beyond your standard dumb Dallas Cowboy's are 89, Patriots are 98 or whatever.

What you spend your money on when making your team matters. If this scares you let them make it for you but then you can't name your guys.

Count me in. Shotgun Lizardmen (unfortunately the saurus players have a hard time catching).

All you Legendary players make me sick. I will kill you with my cheap ass. LIKE THE FIRST POST OF THE THREAD PLEASE.

All you Legendary players make me sick. I will kill you with my cheap ass. LIKE THE FIRST POST OF THE THREAD PLEASE.
I got it because it was like a 2-3 dollars difference between it and the base game, and I thought most people would have that one (I was worried it would require all players to own the same DLCs to play together).

It was lucky I had some Steam credit around from xmas :dance:.

I got it because it was like a 2-3 dollars difference between it and the base game, and I thought most people would have that one (I was worried it would require all players to own the same DLCs to play together).

It was lucky I had some Steam credit around from xmas :dance:.

Since you say you suck you will have the advantage of more teams to choose from. I have determined I like Chaos even though they are vanilla as fuck tier because the ram heads like to ram stuff. I was worried about DLC too even though I did research and Codex players told me not to worry about that. Blood Bowl Chaos Edition is getting my singleplayer fix with those teams I don't have plus it has a cool story mode and even a real time mode that everyone hated.

Protip: Risewild said he sucked but neither one of us scored a point from kicking each others ass.

Full disclosure: If my vanilla team only has 900 and your Legendary team has 1500 I am going with a premade team.

Yes that would be fair. Not sure how you uppity Legendary player teams works is why I said that. I know I am hopping on Blood Bowl 3 when it comes out though so I can be part of the cool crowd.

Ok if you want to dodge, run, and pass a lot use the elves. Don't plan on tackling very often though.

I actually DO play Blood Bowl, I own the game and I play the tabletop... if you're still looking for members.

I'm not very good... buuuuuut... yeh.

Last edited:
Do me a favor and like the first post in this thread and send me a PM for your Steams friend thing.

We for sure are getting enough people to play now so that is good. This last snow flurry will knock my internet speed down tonight but I may be available later this weekend.

If we do create a tournament, make it a long dragged out thing as I rarely will have time for a lot of matches the same day.

That is the way it will be. Matches as we can do them in a long drawn out thing we can actually do. After everyone gets settled we will set the brackets up but we have a few lingering uninstallers left.

Blood Bowl is fun. If you guys haven't started yet though I'd say everyone should start with a fresh team. I believe you all can actually make a league just for yourselves, with each of you matched up and you can even check out how the other teams are doing inside said league. I haven't fiddled with the settings much but I'm pretty sure you can even set up playoffs and championships.

If ever the TV rating gets too out of balance as well, the team with the lower points gets more petty cash at the start of games to spend on single game boosts. Things like star players or a wizard to cast fireball.

If you want to play make sure you like the first post in this thread. Have not started yet.

Back