Official NMA General Shitposting Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
IMG_7939.jpeg

Seeing this convo alot. I think this is almost never because the player is stupid but rather that people get used to established rules that alot of games share. You're not gonna shoot a random blue barrel unless you introduce it to the player in the game. Its like calling someone dumb when placed infront of a chess board and they try usuing regular chess rules and the dev calls them dumb for not knowing that pawns actually move three spaces now because theyre grey. Valve figured it out in Half Life and Portal with gameplay mechanics implicated in the environment or seenless tutorials.

SE is just taking the easiest, least time intensive route that can also be played by young children not because players are stupid.

"Heh, players are just dumb"
IMG_7936.jpeg

ALOT.png

The yellow paint worked fine for me in Mad Max.
The worst is games like the new tomb raiders and ass creeds and a bunch of other action games where you have to constantly press a button to go into "spider sense" mode and that highlights all the items/interactables. The rest of the game could be amazing but if I see that mechanic in a game I immediately uninstall it and try to get a refund.

Back