Only three complaints.

Hobo In A Box

First time out of the vault
1. Not enough perks.
2. Leveling cap/leveling too easy.
3. The story.

These being the only ones I can think of but they are drastic ones.

1. There was only a few good perks to choose from, the rest were just buff ups and didn't feel worth the time and some which shouldn't be there at all. (law bringer and contract thingy, that should be an option made available depending on karma.)

2. I got to level 20 way too fast, I don't mind there being a level cap as long as it's hard to get the experience, but the game was handing it out on every corner.

3. The story I guess I can't complain about, it has been Bethesda's weak point. But damn, the amount of cash they were shelling out promoting game sales, voice actors and shit, they couldn't fucking hire someone to write a good story?

The rest of the game was good though, combat was well done (felt like stalker), trade system was fine, environments felt like I was in half life 2 and towns/buildings all astounded me, none of the skills were useless, weapons and armor all nice, NPC's a big improvement from oblivion and humor was captured. Graphics were pretty and physics were great but it would have been the same game if they were removed.

Your 3 (or 20) complaints and thoughts?

1. I wish that ALL quests showed up in your quests log in the PIP boy. Some things are considered "free form" quests like fixing the water pipesin Megaton, or getting scrap metal for some people. It would be cool if it showed up, in case I forget.

2. I wish the game didnt' end after the main quest. It makes me want to play the game indefinately wthout beating it.

3. I wish VATS took local geometry into account when giving me a percentage to hit something. I'm tired of unloading into the dirt, or a rock, or a wall when the tip of my gun is clearly above the obstacle.

chaosapiant said:
3. I wish VATS took local geometry into account when giving me a percentage to hit something. I'm tired of unloading into the dirt, or a rock, or a wall when the tip of my gun is clearly above the obstacle.

I think it does in theory. But it doesn't work well all the time because it's bugged. It's worse when you unload into the ceiling while shooting close-up.

I haven't had a problem with the vats so far but I do have one other little complaint.

And that is the pointlessness in crippling the targets arms, legs etc (except for the behemoth's but then again you have the fat man). I probably aimed for the head 90% of the time.

Hobo In A Box said:
And that is the pointlessness in crippling the targets arms, legs etc (except for the behemoth's but then again you have the fat man). I probably aimed for the head 90% of the time.

I can understand why you would aim for the head, but I can name several times where I chose non-headshots over headshots strategically.

Shooting at the arm or gun of Super Mutants (I can't stand rocket launchers); Knocking out a Deathclaw leg before it gets to me; crippling the chest of those mini-gun/rocket launcher bots (then every subsequent hit stuns them instead of them firing with impunity, headshots are barely effective on them). I can say that I've targetted every body part for various reasons, and I agree mostly it's the head I shoot at. Eyeshots were the thing of F1 & F2...so I really don't see a problem either way.

I don't know if I have three complaints, but there are a few areas that aren't...well...very fleshed out.

One area in particular seems to have a lot of cool stuff going on, and I was starting to get excited about it...and then it just ended.
Totallly anti-climatic and seemed overall pointless...and all they had to do was drop off a few holotapes, place an interesting 'boss' npc, or make it a 'trap' where you have to do something to get out. I was disappointed with the lack of follow-through.

Photeus said:
Hobo In A Box said:

I can understand why you would aim for the head, but I can name several times where I chose non-headshots over headshots strategically.

Shooting at the arm or gun of Super Mutants (I can't stand rocket launchers); Knocking out a Deathclaw leg before it gets to me; crippling the chest of those mini-gun/rocket launcher bots (then every subsequent hit stuns them instead of them firing with impunity, headshots are barely effective on them). I can say that I've targetted every body part for various reasons, and I agree mostly it's the head I shoot at. Eyeshots were the thing of F1 & F2...so I really don't see a problem either way.

I don't know if I have three complaints, but there are a few areas that aren't...well...very fleshed out.

One area in particular seems to have a lot of cool stuff going on, and I was starting to get excited about it...and then it just ended.
Totallly anti-climatic and seemed overall pointless...and all they had to do was drop off a few holotapes, place an interesting 'boss' npc, or make it a 'trap' where you have to do something to get out. I was disappointed with the lack of follow-through.

Going out on a limb here, but... Vault 106?

Back