Out of energy ammo + I have to fight Super Mutants

hunting rifle, as said before is great against super mutants.

combat shotguns and 10mm SMG is good at close range also. The only problem you will have is maybe against the super mutant masters... and having energy weapons doesn't give you THAT much of an advantage against them.

Umm... well.
The thread creator explicitly said, he was running out of energy cells. And everyone is ranting on about their small guns. :roll:

Yes, when your character is a energy gun user, at the start of the game you run out of ammo fairly fast, since your laser pistol doesn't do much damage (especially on above normal difficulty) and moira doesn't always restock with energy cells. Which makes camping her very annoying.

I would do the following:
Go to tenpenny tower. With some Luck you can buy a laser rifle there, which does more damage and uses another type of ammo. Then travel back and forth between there and moira until you've got nothing to trade in for the ammo. Buy both ammo for the pistol as well for the rifle, so you can alternate if one runs low on condition/ammo.

Later you'll swim in ammo and caps anyway. Oh and it would be wise to get to Rivet City early so you can do the quest for that neat plasma rifle.

I personally use:

Reservist Rifle
Combat Shotgun
Xuanling (sp?) rifle

and sometimes the Hunting Rifle

The Reservist Rifle is a sniper rifle with only a 3 shot clip but fires very quickly and crits super hard and often. It can be repaired with Sniper Rifles.

Xuan is a suped up Chinese Assault Rifle that does 64 damage and can be repaired using Chinese Assault Rifles.

Combat Shotgun is only for close range stuff due to spread. Great for Ghouls. The Reservist is pretty insane at long range. You can fire all 3 shots in VATS. Due to its higher crit chance and damage, that frequently means 3 kills.

Nullifidian said:
I personally use:

Reservist Rifle
Combat Shotgun
Xuanling (sp?) rifle

and sometimes the Hunting Rifle

The Reservist Rifle is a sniper rifle with only a 3 shot clip but fires very quickly and crits super hard and often. It can be repaired with Sniper Rifles.

Xuan is a suped up Chinese Assault Rifle that does 64 damage and can be repaired using Chinese Assault Rifles.

Combat Shotgun is only for close range stuff due to spread. Great for Ghouls. The Reservist is pretty insane at long range. You can fire all 3 shots in VATS. Due to its higher crit chance and damage, that frequently means 3 kills.

Same for me, just dont have Xuan's rifle yet. Also i have Lincoln's Repeater, again the trouble with the .44 Ammo. have over 1000 5.56mm :D

Back