Please insert Fallout tactics CD

Sublime

Still Mildly Glowing
I've bought the Fallout Collection and somehow downloaded Tactics on the computer. Obviously it didn't work and required the CD to work.

Now I found a tutorial on NMA

http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-collection-pc-dvd-complete-fix.202579/

I've followed it, until I reached a dead end: all the links to download the Patch are offline. I've asked on the File forum, but honestly it seems kinda dead too.

I'm desperate and I'm looking for a solution.

I'm not familiar with that particular release, but did you follow the thread to the end, or just give up when the links are dead? Because Patch 1.27 is the no-cd patch, and running in XP compatibility mode as an administrator should fix it 95% of the time.

I'm not familiar with that particular release, but did you follow the thread to the end, or just give up when the links are dead? Because Patch 1.27 is the no-cd patch, and running in XP compatibility mode as an administrator should fix it 95% of the time.
I've managed to overcome the downloading issue, but now I'm facing another wall as when I try to run serenity.exe it says MSVCR71. dll is missing

That's the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime...but a very old version. I think that's the 2003, which doesn't come standalone - you have to get it with the .net 1.0 framework (if it's still possible to get the .net 1.0 framework, and if it still works on a modern OS).

But you should still be able to just run in XP compatbility mode as an administrator...

That's the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime...but a very old version. I think that's the 2003, which doesn't come standalone - you have to get it with the .net 1.0 framework (if it's still possible to get the .net 1.0 framework, and if it still works on a modern OS).

But you should still be able to just run in XP compatbility mode as an administrator...

I tried to use it on XP compatibility on Admin, but I didn't work. I'll trying to explore other paths to solve the problem, but for now I give up. Thank you for the help though.

Back