Post war Canada

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by BOS_Warlord, May 11, 2012.

1. BFox17

BFox17 Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 20, 2012
    Furry deathclaws? N'awww I find that cute :D
    Aside from the fact that they could tear my head off :)

2. Mistrz

Mistrz Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 28, 2009
    They are biggest land predator animals in the world. I`m sure they`d make deathclaw reconcider getting into a fight.

3. PaladinBreach

PaladinBreach First time out of the vault

May 7, 2012
    Ronto

In the Pitt the speech Ashur gives the mention Ronto which is most likely Toronto

4. Talisien

Talisien Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 15, 2006
    In FO2 they say Deathclaws come from iguanas. The doctor in Vault 13, Joseph, says:

Which is misleading, really. IRL there is no "Jackson's Iguana". There is a Jackson's Chameleon, though. Apparently the "iguana" bit is used as an alternate name in the game- or, equally likely (given the alternate-timeline nature of the game setting) an entirely new creature not found in reality.

Supposing they meant the Jackson's chameleon, though... Polar bears and moose would be ridiculously scary enemies if equally mutated. Thanks to the interwebs, I now know the Jackson's chameleon gets between 8 and 15 inches long (counting tail) and weighs between two and four pounds. If that turns into a Deathclaw which appears in game to be as tall as a human and much bulkier... Picture a 50 foot tall, upright-walking polar bear, with 20" claws. Or a similar moose, with antlers the size of a large truck.

If they were in a Canada edition of Fallout... I'd move my character to Mexico. :P

5. PaladinBreach

May 7, 2012
    I thought that the Encalve created, and we're testing on Deathclaws.

6. PaladinBreach

May 7, 2012
    I though the US Government or Envlave made them.

7. Languorous_Maiar

Languorous_Maiar A Smooth-Skin

Oct 25, 2011
    Yep, USA created Deathclaws before Great War "through genetic engineering, with the addition of DNA of various other species". It's mentioned in Fallout 2 Official Strategies & Secrets.