Preference in Laser Rifle

For NCR

It Wandered In From the Wastes
I was wondering about the game and how the weapons will play out. All of us Fallout Vets know about the Wattz 2000 Laser Rifle, A devestating gun that can easily be repealed by Metal and Power Armor. Everyone should know about the AE 9 Laser rifle, a fast but low-damage energy weapon that is strong to any armor (I Blame Beth for that problem in Damage Resistance). In Fallout 4: The Institute (Just kidding), which one would you prefer to have in as a playable weapon?

If New Vegas can have the plasma pistol and plasma defender, and the plasma rifle and plasma caster, I see no reason not to have both. The AER9 is a good default energy weapon, and the Wattz 2000 could be a low-level energy sniper rifle, the EW equililent to the hunting rifle

nukepunk said:
If New Vegas can have the plasma pistol and plasma defender, and the plasma rifle and plasma caster, I see no reason not to have both. The AER9 is a good default energy weapon, and the Wattz 2000 could be a low-level energy sniper rifle, the EW equililent to the hunting rifle
I was thinking both. But the AER9 would be low damage, full auto. And wattz 2000 would be semi auto, high power, lower ammo, because of the higher damage better armor penetration somehow.

I'm think the Wattz would work better as a constant beam weapon.
A heavy weapon that fires a solid, powerful beam that can burn through anything.

I don't think we've seen anything like that in Fallout (well, maybe except for the Archimedes II).

nukepunk said:

oh yes you got the point
i agree with you

Back