Probably false rumors: Fallout 4 to be set in Boston

Boston, eh?

If it is Beantown, we obviously play as an escaped robot/android/replicant/whateverthehellthoseguysare.

Also More Hill to make people think the world is bigger than it really is.

Lexx said:
Actually, the Skyrim engine does feature shadows and there is no reason not to believe that the engine will get some more tweaks for the next game.
Bah, it's more about always complaining about the same thing than having a reason to complain.

Skyrim doesn't have dynamic shadows for non-static objects. That's the "shadows" my talking about.

I think Boston could be a good setting as long as the institute is just a faction on the level of the brotherhood from new vegas. You do some quests that they are involved in but overall they are not a large part of the game itself.

Or have the institute as a DLC if they want to go into more detail with the cyborgs and railroad and all that.

Of course the institute could also be a DLC if the game takes place anywhere in the north east. I still have a feeling Bethesda is going to do NYC but that's just what I think

Other than the intistute though, what gimmicks could Beth possibly put into the game other than a carbon copy of FO3's subway/ruins/survival/coolfactor bullshit?

It's probably gonna be even more urban than DC was, which probably means MORE subways and MORE unnecessary detours because of magical invisible walls stopping you from climbing the rubble... at least it'll look good, right?

Faceless Stranger said:
Other than the intistute though, what gimmicks could Beth possibly put into the game other than a carbon copy of FO3's subway/ruins/survival/coolfactor bullshit?

It's probably gonna be even more urban than DC was, which probably means MORE subways and MORE unnecessary detours because of magical invisible walls stopping you from climbing the rubble... at least it'll look good, right?

They can do anything they want with it, they can invent a brand new story not involving the traditional fallout powers. They had a chance to do that with FO3 also and didn't instead they imported a protagonist and a antagonist.

I think if bethesda learned from the mistakes they made in FO3 and they bring in a good team to develop the game there is potential

The dead ends and subways in DC were frustrating, I liked that the incorporated the metro system but they way overdid it

Whatever Bethesda does, I just hope they take a hint from the fans that we actually liked the abundance of guns, mods for said guns, a shitload of crafting items, IRON SIGHTS, and almost everything that Obsidian added that improved on the formula. Hopefully, we can get a really good story to go along with it as well.

I would like to see a Fallout game based on New York.

Although that's pretty much an I am Legend style thing...

I don't know.... New York?

Back