Project Safehouse

haha i haven't looked at this thread in a while, sorry for the late answer Red, I have never even heard of that but the name of the program already tells me what it is, my answer is No.

If you use that program i would love to have it :)

Looking forward to it RobertHouse! The work you have thus far done with FOT Enclave and your other 2 mods (Enclave2 & FLV) is amazing. Thank you.

The (Fallout Last Vegas) project and the (Enclave II) project may get shut down soon! for some time until I find some more mappers to help FLVDT, If anyone out there can help it would be greatly appreciated, shut down never dead! ;)

The fate of these two great project lie in your hands public.

FLVDT-Slots

Leader:
1-RobertHouse

Artist:
1-Assassin01
2-RobertHouse

Sprite Maker:
1-Diablo7707
2-Corpse101000011 (TBD)
3-Empty! (Filling in-xxxRedMetalxxx)
4-Empty!
5-Empty!

Mappers:
1-RobertHouse
2-RedemerFive (TBD)
3-Empty!
4-Empty!
5-Empty!
6-Empty!

Trigger Maker/Tester For Maps:
1-RobertHouse
2-Empty!

Everything Tester:
1-RobertHouse
2-Phenryr (TBD)

Story Writer:
1-RobertHouse
2-GunnerShi

Scenery 3D Modeler:
1-Alvarez (TBD)
2-Empty!

3D Modeler:
1-Empty!
2-Empty!

If you see anything above that you can help me with PM me or Email me: ( dragincoder13@gmail.com ).

I would like to help you, but one thing I've already learned in the world of FOT modding is not to bite off more than I can chew (Which I have already done, ten times over with my own mod) -- I need to finish my own project before taking on any more of a workload. I get so little time as it is.

However, when I am done my mod, I fully intend to become a freelance mapper.

That is true, but not if you have a team of say 3 mappers working on the same project and 4 sprite makers.

I have that! or had that, I lost 2 mappers do to no time :(

Now I am panicking I don't have enough mappers and I have 2 projects I have to complete.

For now I am modding Last Vegas only, Enclave II fans will have to wait!

Re: Fallout Last Vegas

RobertHouse said:
You will start off in a building in the middle of a war zone in DC the Brotherhood of Steel rescue you and pulled you to safety you will have to take the Brotherhood of Steels supplies and then fight your way through the small Enclave force after that they will take you back to the Citadel that is where you will meet Elder Lyons he will give you several quests that you have to complete to join the Brotherhood once you've joined the Brotherhood of Steel you now have a side that can supply you with weapons/aid.
Elder Lyons will tell you to speak with Wrath Child and he will ask you to collect parts from several different locations to construct the super weapon Liberty Prime once you have found every part that he asked for you can now assault the purifier that the Enclave have stolen from the Brotherhood of Steel and eventually you will assault the Enclaves moving fortress and headquarters there you will meet the president! he is the leader of the Enclave once you destroyed him you will have to escape before a nuclear bomb is detonated! you almost escape.... 1 YEAR LATER: ....you now will wake up in Doc Mitchell's home he will tell you that a robot found you and it dropped you off and that you have been unconscious for almost a year he thought that you'd never wake up.
He will test you and see if you're alright to go outside alone.
When you finish his tests he will give you some supplies and you are free to leave you will go around town and help out for money or supplies. The Powder Gangers will attack the town that you are in and the New California Republic (NCR) for short will finally come to the rescue and kill them all. You will talk to the commander and he will explain to you who the NCR are and he will give you several locations on the map that are in NCR territory you can now venture to them and to the NCR headquarters there you will meet a general he will ask you to do different quests all around the map...once you complete them you then will be considered a friend of the NCR and that means that they will trade and sell things to you.
you will discover the Lucky 38 and Mr. House you can do his quests to destroy the NCR and Legion or you can keep working with the NCR and go against the Legion and Mr. House eventually you will kill them

I'm going to be completely honest with you:

You plot looks like it provides the players with very few decisions. Except for a couple of points, you described everything as "you will" instead of "you can".

I think players would be happier if you provided them with at least a few more "big" decisions. Take Fallout 1 for example: you can't, in fact, change much of anything about the plot, but the players still have enough choice to feel like they're playing their own character, instead of jumping through the hoops that you've laid out for them.

That said, you certainly seem passionate about this project and I'm willing to help. I don't know how to do anything in the editor, but I can test some maps after they've been completed if that's necessary.

No, no that is just a small story outline I made so the fans would have a idea of what the campaign/story would be like, I didn't want to include a lot of detail because this is not the full version of the campaign/story, I have to get the maps, sprites and triggers of the previously released campaign/story completed and then add the small details like options, side quests and other ways to end the game.

Believe me I know what you're saying!

Fallout Last Vegas's story is based off of Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, both games are filled with choices and side quests and freedom to do whatever you want, this is what Fallout Last Vegas aims for!

RobertHouse said:
Sprite Maker:
1-Diablo7707
2-Corpse101000011 (TBD)
3-Empty! (Filling in-xxxRedMetalxxx)
4-Empty!
5-Empty!

Lol... "Filling in", smart.
I am glad that you are drawing attention to the fact that I am helping you yet not joining FLVDT, or any team for that matter. I will continue to help out when I can yet I do have a rather massive project of my own that also needs my attention. I may be so bold to state that my own project will undoubtedly be the biggest and most extensive re-working of the Fallout Tactics game that anyone has ever done or will do (trust me, I do not joke!). Even though I have been working on this since roughly 2008, I have still barely scratched the surface, but anyway I am not here to tell you about project Omega, this is about FLVDT...

I would like to make a request to to community regarding FLVDT;

If you are modding Fallout Tactics in someway, whether you are a veteran of the field, or a beginner, please consider joining FLVDT.
RobertHouse has set "slots" he wishes to fill in his member list for his development team, yet I say; Any amount of experience, in any area of modding, and any help given, will be greatly appreciated. I think that FLVDT needs more recognition and respect as well as members of all aspects of production to finalize the creation of a mod like no other. A mod that will be a huge success and a gift to the community.
Please reply here or to RobertHouse, or email dragincoder13@gmail.com to either apply to FLVDT or just to help out a little with anything at all.
This team aims to give something to the community, please, give a little to the team.

Exciting all these FOT projects going on. I am starting on mine as well now. It is so easy to become over ambitious though and under estimate the amount of work involved. I really hope most if not all these projects see the light of day!

I think also that a great deal of modders prefer to work alone, even if it takes them a decade to complete the mod, since then they can say "that’s my work" and of course there is no internal drama and politics.

Once I get my bearings on FOT modding I will try to help out ambitious and awesome modding projects of RobertHouse and others.

Also, RedMetal, your mod sounds very intriguing and ambitious :lol: ; any little juicy titbits you can tease us with about it? Hopefully you will release it to the FOT community when done? We need more FOT mods and content!

Yes I know a lot of modders like to work alone, I did long ago until I realized the advantages of owning a team of modders, I made a ingenious way of running my team, I invented the first assembly line for Fallout Tactics this shorten the time it takes to make stuff in large numbers and it works for all areas of modding, FLVDT can make 100 high quality sprites in 2 days or less and make 4 or more maps in 5 days to a week, the way I run the production line is (team work) 1 man does one thing and a another finishes it and sends it to whoever is requesting that item, this method of production is a hundred times better and more efficient than 1 single modder working on a project, why there is no fully released total conversion mods for Fallout Tactics is because people want to work alone or don't get any help and it just takes way to much time to complete, they either release a demo or they don't release anything at all and the mod project normally dies after the demo, the production line fixes that ;) FLVDT if it has enough members it works both ways FLVDT's mods get created and the members mods do to.

lol I feel like i'm Henry Ford and you are like the people that can't see the production line's value and advantages... Yet.

I wish all of your projects out there the best of luck!

I think also that a great deal of modders prefer to work alone, even if it takes them a decade to complete the mod, since then they can say "that’s my work" and of course there is no internal drama and politics.

Exactly. When I started my mod eons ago I originally had one friend who was interested in helping, but it soon soured, and I realized that when you 'ain't getting paid' it will be harder to recruit workers for an assembly line style operation.

Also, there is the creative aspect of a project. Personally myself, I have a lot of creative storytelling ambition and I would be hard pressed to completely follow another person's vision without being allowed to contribute my own story ideas. This is just me though. I think this is the inherent draw back to your assembly line style.

An alternative idea is to assign each contributor a certain area (or map) and have them focus on that task. I think this was the approach used in FO2 no?

That is what I do some one starts and some one finishes they do only 1 part in the team nothing more.

eh. i loved the mod, but the only real thing that bugged me is that you fought the Enclave. =.= that entire Bethesda thing where they made the US Marines (pre-war BoS) fight the US Army (pre-war Enclave) was saddening to a fan thats been playing seance Fallout 1 released. (me)

the enclave worked with the BoS in fallout 1. (or it was maybe fallout 2, havnt played it in 3 years, broken computer).

the Enclave's only goal in most fallouts is to kill off the super mutants using viruses. (dont say this is bad because people with cancer get radiation to FIX their problem. turn this over and its the USA with the super mutant infestation, and the viruses are the radiation). just stay out of enclave's territory and you wont be shot. (probably a bad analogy)

atleast the Enclave dont hunt some 1 down and kill for some 1 elses tech like the BoS do. (example the Enclave did not shoot you on sight in the Navarro map outside the barricade because their territorial, like an enclave patrol, because your in their perimeter. or you not being an enclave on the oil rig; pure enclave territory)

if a doctor trys to do surgery on some one, and has a chance of killing do to the risks. then accidentally does kill the patient. is the doctor evil? is he bad? no he was just trying to help.

... i just see the Enclave as trying to be the good guys.

then again, Lion's BoS was not OFFICIALLY the BoS (hence BoS Outcasts)

=^.^= loved the mod though! wish i could have posted sooner though.

Lol, FLV is in need of a story update, you can end the game with BoS, Enclave, NCR and Legion, and may be a new fraction! We will see when I release the information on the new fraction, it will be up to the public to comment and tell me what YOU thank a new Fallout fraction would look like, I may consider adding it to the game. ;)

new faction? hmm. well if we keep it at aspect then we already have the US army and Marines. and Navarro is a Coast guard VTOL refueling station. National Guard is pretty much what Army is. so that all leaves a faction of ether the US Air Force or the US Navy.

jeez. if you could ask Gunner (Enclave mod) to let you use his submarine from the pic (personally never found it), revamp it it another color; then you got a small US Navy faction!

but idk how thats going to work out with the submarine privileges.

heh :/

or you COULD make the National Guard. like make them look like the Enclave. but their motives are purely to help people. or make it so when you arrive at their location that a few of them where slaughtered by some 1 they tried to help out =.= ... so pretty much make it how Obsidian made the BoS in FONV, a single location faction that doesn't do much. but has alot of meaning and perks for finding it. u'no?

lol then have like a special encounter placed some place TOTALLY on the other side of the map (or at last campaign location) that has a note on a dead (something) about a place where theyre helping people and has the location of the National Guard based on the other side of the world map..... man it sucks when you FT Tools crash on your computer.

hehe.

oh o.o then is Gunner like a rep? helper? co-developer? lol tbh i just thought it was Gunner because he was the one who posted it.

do you have a link to ENCLAVE II for like what content it will have and the spex on it?

Gunner owns the mod as well, he is retired in FLVDT, I own FLVDT by the way, any way I got Enclave and there where like 100+ bugs that I found, and Enclave had 1.8GB worth of extra files in the old upload so I fixed some bugs and converted some files from Chinese to American and he liked my work and he supplied patch files and a lot of other stuff and deleted his old upload and gave Enclave to me and FLVDT to give it a proper home and development team.

I will reupload the Enclave 3.0 files soon! That will fix all known bugs including CG armor bug and first mission start crash bug and lots of others.

There is absolutely no info out yet! FLVDT is still discussing and deciding how the game will start and end, the story is 2x bigger than Enclave,
Enclave II will have high quality sprites unlike Enclave, Enclave II will have 200+ weapons in game to give the player more freedom of choice, I will PM you soon when I release the information on Enclave II, Should be in a week or 2.

yay! but not to keep anything down or anything. but ENCLAVE II should require ENCLAVE 1 to function correctly! doing that will save alot of space.

i might be confused. will ENCLAVE II be the 2nd part of ENCLAVE 1? because i think ENCLAVE 1 never finished. or i just have an OLD version.

Back