Prostitutes dislike GTA.

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by mortiz, Feb 15, 2006.

1. mortiz

mortiz Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 21, 2005
    Yes, apparently now even prostitutes, the morally high standing examples of society that they are, have jumped on the GTA bandwagon. This is getting ridiculous.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6144286.html

2. Lazarus Plus

Lazarus Plus The smoovest

Apr 1, 2005
    So basically, Rockstar gets to laugh yet again, secure in the knowledge that they are getting nothing from this but more free publicity.

What a joke.

3. Xavierblazer

Xavierblazer Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 30, 2005
    GTA had killable nerds walking the streets

Lets ban GTA

4. Shadowbird

Shadowbird Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jul 20, 2003
    {sarcasm}
    I wonder why they're not going after every movie, song or any other type of media where a prostitute is killed along with everyone else, and a prostitue's rape is mentioned (I haven't played GTA:SA, so correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I gather from "possible rape is alluded to"). Yes, the GTA really is a training ground, designed specifically for training kids in the fine art of raping ang killing prostutes.
    {/sarcasm}
    Sheesh.

5. Dove

Dove Half-way Through My Half-life
    Orderite

Dec 2, 2003
    HOLY SHIT!

What an awful game. As a car owner, I do not approve of the way this video game teaches kids to, and glorifies theft of vehicles!

This game must be banned!

6. DirtyDreamDesigner

DirtyDreamDesigner Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 15, 2005
    What an awful game. As a planes-flying-overhead-watcher , I do not approve of the way this video game teaches kids to, and glorifies theft of planes! :freak:

7. Jammet

Jammet Leopardster

May 30, 2005
    Pimps of all the world should go on strike! ... The streets just aren't save anymore with all those 9 year olds doing driveby shootings on hookers.

8. Big T

Big T Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jan 23, 2004
    As a dietry health observer, I do not approve of the way that this game glories fast food and/or obesity.

9. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite

May 18, 2003
    As a nazi, I do not approve of the way this game glorifies niggers.

10. Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 14, 2005
    And as a negro, I disapprove this game cause my life isn't as much hassel as the dude's in the game, it was much easyer in the real life. :D

11. Unkillable Cat

Unkillable Cat Mildly Dipped

Jan 5, 2004
    Great.

The GTA games don't like prostitutes.

Now the feeling is mutual.

12. Xavierblazer

Xavierblazer Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 30, 2005
    I think its the other way around

As a sega genesis game player, I dislike the way they depicted sega genesis games.

EDIT: Best 666th post evar

13. Roshambo

Roshambo Antediluvian as Feck

Apr 3, 2003
    Heh...reminds me of a similar comment a friend of mine made.

"As a black man, I do not approve of the way this channel [BET] glorifies niggers." (He used different words, but that's essentially his meaning.)

If you've seen Boondocks on Cartoon Network, especially the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. episode, you'll know particularly what I'm talking about. :D

You can't help but wonder what he's thinking, wherever the afterlife took the good Doctor.

"I got shot so some of my people can sell crack to make a profit from the poor of my people, glorify that ill-begotten wealth over their brothers, and shoot one another for wearing the wrong colors? What happened to my people?"

14. Murdoch

Murdoch Half-way Through My Half-life
    Orderite

Nov 24, 2003
    I love The Boondocks, great show!

I read in the book Freakanomics that crack did more to set back the standard of living of blacks in the US than anything else. By his estimation crack and the social repurcussions it caused set back the black socioeconomic position at least 50 years. Interesting book.

/off topic