Question about Megaton

Twisted

First time out of the vault
I started a new game. This time i'm going be evil. Now i was wondering, if i decided to kill off all megaton citizens before i blow up Megaton. Would that get me in trouble?

Because for example i did the blood ties quest. After i completed it, i massacred Arefu. Now if i return to Meriaty(or what it is called) station, everybody is pissed off. They aren't attacking me, but i can't trade no more or get any dialogue starting.

So, could this be the same with Megaton?

Twisted said:
Would that get me in trouble?

No.

Sometimes conditions are tied for more than one faction, but that's almost always quest-related. The Blood Ties quest for some reason ties the hostile status of Arefu and the Family together.

Megaton is not tied to anywhere. I've done an evil run in which I slaughtered all of Megaton except Moira and then blew the place up (Moira was still fine with me continuing her quest)

Thanks for youre answer. I didn't wanted to slay the whole town and then coming to the conclusion that i lost a trader or something.

Btw, if i don't have Jericho on my current payroll (got Charon at the moment with me) and if i detonate the bomb. Will he still be alive? Or do i need to drag his sorry ass out of there before i push the button?

You need to drag his ass out first. Or he will be real dead.

I recommend finishing Moiras bullshit quest first too.

Well already done that quest when i played good. Most say it doesn't have a real atraction for a replay hehe. As you mentioned it's bollocks.

Jericho might come in handier on second thought to kill off Megaton anyway. Charon is only for close combat effective.

Yeah Jericho is ok. I usually let him die though. I ended up killing or losing my companions.

TorontRayne said:
Yeah Jericho is ok. I usually let him die though. I ended up killing or losing my companions.
I saw an idea for a mod that makes companions better over at the Bethesda board. Might be worth it to check it out.

Back