Question about morals in Fallout3

Kashrlyyk

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Maybe this topic encompasses all Fallout games. Are the morals written considering a person trying to survive in the wasteland or considering a player sitting in a warm room with food within reach?

I heard that the vampire leader tells you how they became what they are today. And at that moment I asked myself:"Would a person in the wastelands even care for that?" Clearly this might spark a flicker of pity in the player and therefore leading to a moral question. But would that be true for a character living in that place? Would a character trying to survive in the wastelands even think about blowing up Megaton and with that reducing his trading partners??? In a hostile environment wouldn´t you try to keep as many friendly and safe areas as possible?

Would cars with fusion reactors explode from a bullet? Would people shoot nuclear "bombs" at something that's 20-30 feet away from them?.......

Trying to make sense of something questionable in a bethesda game is rather pointless. You may try, but you will fail :)

I'd never blow up Megaton, simply cause it would reduce my options. The Vampire nest I would probably destroy. They prey on humans and I would not want them reducing options for me. It a nutshell, I would kill just about anything that would attack a caravan, its beside the point if I use caravans or not.

Kashrlyyk said:
Would a character trying to survive in the wastelands even think about blowing up Megaton and with that reducing his trading partners??? In a hostile environment wouldn´t you try to keep as many friendly and safe areas as possible?

You could make an argument that getting in good with the only wealthy man for hundreds of miles is beneficial. But considering that Megaton is apparently the only town in the entire world I'm not sure what that money would be worth after you blow it up.

I'm also not sure why Tenpenny doesn't just build his fucking strip mall or whatever like twenty feet to the left of megaton. It's a wasteland. There is plenty of room.

bhlaab said:
Kashrlyyk said:
Would a character trying to survive in the wastelands even think about blowing up Megaton and with that reducing his trading partners??? In a hostile environment wouldn´t you try to keep as many friendly and safe areas as possible?

You could make an argument that getting in good with the only wealthy man for hundreds of miles is beneficial. But considering that Megaton is apparently the only town in the entire world I'm not sure what that money would be worth after you blow it up.

I'm also not sure why Tenpenny doesn't just build his fucking strip mall or whatever like twenty feet to the left of megaton. It's a wasteland. There is plenty of room.

What constitutes being wealthy in a wasteland? More interesting why don´t get to persuade him to build it 20 feet to the left of Megaton?

What I am trying to get at is: What moral question is only a moral question to people of todays society? In todays society the reason why you did something is extremely important, but would that still be like that in a PA world? I would definitely say no.

Back