Question about the Shi in F2?

ElloinmorninJ

Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
After checking the Shi’s inventory in the shops, I just thought of something: why the hell were they waiting for the Chosen One to come and solve their problem with the Hubologist?

They have plenty of combat armor, POWER ARMOR!, Gauss weapons, miniguns, a few energy weapons even! They seem to be pretty well-trained fighters, so why didn’t they just kill all the Hubologists themselves? The ones in the bunker weren’t even well armed to stop my party, a group of 6 people, so what would’ve stopped them?

Did the Shi actually have any soldiers? The fighers were competitive martial artists, not enlisted men. Selling weapons does not equal millitary soldiers. There's a shop in my hometown in Florida that sells some pretty heavy grade stuff, but it doesn't mean the whole town is willing to mobilize into a fighting force.

Did the Shi actually have any soldiers? The fighers were competitive martial artists, not enlisted men. Selling weapons does not equal millitary soldiers. There's a shop in my hometown in Florida that sells some pretty heavy grade stuff, but it doesn't mean the whole town is willing to mobilize into a fighting force.

They had guards posted up, when your shoot one of the Shi a bunch of people attack you with rifles, so they obviously have a fighting force.

After checking the Shi’s inventory in the shops, I just thought of something: why the hell were they waiting for the Chosen One to come and solve their problem with the Hubologist?

They have plenty of combat armor, POWER ARMOR!, Gauss weapons, miniguns, a few energy weapons even! They seem to be pretty well-trained fighters, so why didn’t they just kill all the Hubologists themselves? The ones in the bunker weren’t even well armed to stop my party, a group of 6 people, so what would’ve stopped them?
They are pussies!

I got a vibe that the Shi were very much an insular, isolationist folk, the kind of people who want to just do their thing in peace and not bother others, nor be bothered. The Hubologists clearly disliked and worked against them, but the Shi weren't militant enough to go and execute them, unless the Hubologists struck first.

An example is how, if you make Badger hack the Shi, the Shi will show up later and execute him.

Back