Redux mod totally messes up video playback?

Grimhound

Still Mildly Glowing
So I decided to delve into Tactics as part of a sweeping replay/playthrough of the series, and I decided to try out that Redux mod. So I installed it on the GOG version, and starting it up it stutters to death and video playback is juttery as hell. Anyone know what's up with this? The BOS_HR.exe that comes with the GOG version works fine, where-as the BOS.exe with Redux doesn't, HR patch applied to it or not.

Also screws with gameplay. Seems to be the same issues present in the vanilla BOS.exe. The Redux mod is unplayable for me. Trumpet flourish in the intro has also given me a migraine.

Last edited:
Probabbly there's incompatibility between GOG game and Redux.

I did my 3CD version and it worked fine with the mod.

Also posted on gog, copied over from there:

I think I found a solution. After messing around with a Hex Editor to get the differences between BOS.exe and BOS_HR.exe sorted out, it still didn't work. This seemed so strange to me that I tried something weird, which actually worked.

1. Rename the original BOS_HR.exe to BOS_HR.exe.org (or something similar)
2. I assume you already copied over the BOX.exe from the Redux mod (together with the rest of the mod)
3. Apply the HD patch to the BOX.exe (if you want)
4. Just rename BOX.exe to BOX_HR.exe -> That's all! Suddenly it works

I say I "think" I found a solution, because I didn't test everything, but at least the stuttering is gone, and I can be sure that the Redux BOS.exe is used, as there is no other exe that could be executed.

Back