Replaying Old Games

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by welsh, Feb 6, 2005.

1. welsh

welsh This ghoul has seen it all

Apr 5, 2003
    What games have you gone back and replayed. I would think this is the hallmark of a great game- something you did, finished, and then, after awhile, return to.

I have been doing Half-Life one again- just got through the second run in with the female assassins. The tentacle in the silo- one of the best parts.

Also I replayed Quake 2.

Of course Fallout series.

2. Turnip

Turnip It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 11, 2005
    Fallout 2, strangely i could not get meself to play Fallout 1 twice.
    Planescape Torment.
    Baldurs Gate Series.
    Arcarnum.
    Morrowind.
    Vice City.
    Mafia.
    Civilization 3, although it is not like "replaying".

3. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Mar 18, 2004
    Just about to reinstall Thief Gold and Thief II, give those another go through (and keeping an ear out for Lohan's voicework). After that, I might play through System Shock 2 once more.

Just complete Sam & Max, since it had been long enough since the last time I played it that I had forgotten the solutions.

The games I replay often are:
    Fallout 1 & 2, Startopia, Pharaoh, and Stronghold.

4. Jebus

Jebus Background Radiant
    Orderite

Jan 29, 2004
    I've played several games twice - especially in the old days, when all I had was copied diskettes of Wolfenstein 3D, Prince of Persia and Leisure Suit Larry in The Land of the Lounge Lizards.

The only game that I keep on playing, for years in a row now, at least several times a month, is Europa Universalis II. I've played every country twice, and I keep close tabs on the development of AGCEEP and other great mods.

5. William J Shimmin

William J Shimmin First time out of the vault

Jan 10, 2005
    Stronghold , Fallout games , Arcanum , ermm all the Lucasarts classics like the dig and sam and max. ermm what else gangsters for some reason. BOTF which is a star trek game. ermm i cant really name any more seeing as i have to many which i reinstall to play.

6. Lord 342

Lord 342 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 21, 2004
    Fallout and Fallout 2, several times each. The entire Doom series; more times than you can count. Half-life, Mechwarrior 3, Mech 4 Mercs; GTA III; Red Alert, Red Alert 2, SimCity 2000; SimCity 3000, etc, etc. There are several others, I just can't think of them right now...

7. Ratty Sr.

Ratty Sr. Formerly known as Ratty Moderator Orderite

Apr 23, 2003
    Fallout series, Full Throttle, Deus Ex, Mafia and several others. Though lately I don't even have time for new games, let alone old ones...

8. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite

May 18, 2003
    Ahhh... Full Throttle.

*Kicks door* "Open up, you minks!"

9. Nocturne

Nocturne Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 24, 2003
    Betrayal at Krondor, All of the Fallout games, Blade Runner, Red Alert 1, Gangsters, BG2, and more.....

10. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    FO1/2, all Troika's, Ground Control 1 + exp, Deus Ex 1, Dark Reign 1, HL1 + OpFor, Diablo 1,...

11. calculon000

calculon000 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 10, 2004
    Sometimes I crack open System Shock 2, or Half Life. (or FOT :look:) I'm going to play Black & White after I get around to formatting my computer and installing win2000.

12. William J Shimmin

Jan 10, 2005
    Ohh Full Throttle , *lol* battery powered toys over a minefield and "Do you know what would look good on that nose ring"

13. st0lve

st0lve Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 14, 2004
    Fallout2, Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire, Half-Life (DM)..
    Thats about the only "old" stuff I have installed.

14. mimir

mimir First time out of the vault

Dec 22, 2004
    I'm almost constantly replaying Fallout and Fallout 2.
    Right now I'm playing through Dungeon Keeper 2 again.
    I have played a lot of System Shock 2 lately as well.
    I frequently revisit Master of Orion 2 when I'm bored of my current games.
    I occasionaly play through Arcanum again, if I can get through the game's combat.
    There are a few others, but I can't think of them right now.

15. [PCE]el_Prez

[PCE]el_Prez Vault Fossil

Apr 25, 2003
    fallout series and Commandos series

16. William J Shimmin

Jan 10, 2005
    Jeez the original Commandos was so damn hard , or was it the fact i tryed to play it when i was a lot younger and had no gaming sense. *shrugs*

17. [PCE]el_Prez

[PCE]el_Prez Vault Fossil

Apr 25, 2003
    It's really not to bad. The last few missions look overwhelming, but if you start small, their all beatable. The challenge is half the fun.

18. William J Shimmin

Jan 10, 2005
    I agree but they took so damn long as it was all tactics and no running up and shooting stuff for fun.

19. Lost Metal

Lost Metal Olde Skull

Jan 3, 2004
    With a quote like that, You get no pitty from me!

20. William J Shimmin

Jan 10, 2005
    I dont want any pitty , i just think its fun to run up to a random NPC and say summit like that's my mars bar and let of a slug in his face. Thats whats funny about Fallout.