Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

Odin

Carbon Dated and Proud
Admin
The following must be done if you want to avoid being beaten like a puppy:

1. If it's crashing related or some other critical problem like that, post comp specs, OS, DirectX version, etc.
2. If you don't post enough relevent information, prepare to be ridiculed.
*3. This forum is for technical support and game help. Don't post advertising threads in this forum, that is not what this forum is for. After this point, threads that are for advertising will be put into the Vats without hesitation nor question.
*4. Here's a simple test to see where you should post about a possible bug/game glitch or a problem with a mod - basically editing the base game in any way. If you experience a problem without a mod installed, it goes onto this forum. If the problem only occurs when you have a mod installed, post about it on the modding forum with what mod, version, what else you might be doing with the game at the same time, and generally anything else that would make it a specific issue for a mod in question. In the same spirit, game glitches that arise only when you've hacked a save game should be posted upon the modding forum as well. If you are changing the core of the game, then it should go into the modding forum unless it is mapmaking. That goes in the mapmaking forum.
** 5. This forum is for tech support and game help for the basic game with official patches ONLY.
** 6. This forum is for tech support and game help for the basic game with official patches ONLY.
** 7. This forum is for tech support and game help for the basic game with official patches ONLY.
** 8. This forum is for tech support and game help for the basic game with official patches ONLY.
9. If you still can't understand the above and simple netiquette, here is a visual aid.
10. If you still can't figure out where and how to post, disconnect from the internet immediately.

* Dammit, I hate making it this patronizing, but apparently few newbies pay attention to the forum names, forum descriptions, and forum stickies, plus common sense. That again assumes that the sticky posts are read at all. Damn, I just love wasting my time because no effort was put forth in the first place, can you tell?

** - Made it even simpler for the lower life forms that occasionally visit the forums.

All General Forum Rules apply to all forums, except hosted ones

Updated: 24/03/06

General Concerns

Where did my post go?

Why was I banned for posting so many times on different message boards?

Why do I have this absurd-looking avatar?

Would any of these questions apply to you? Chances are, they are the result of the following:

1. (Where did my post go? If your post isn't where you posted it, there should be a redirect on the forum you posted it on. After that, it's up to blink luck. If one of our moderators sees it, they will usually move it to the right forum. It helps to really sort out what goes where, so they can make judgement calls later on.

If I see it, it's going into the Vats.

Check the Vats for many examples of this.

2. (Why was I banned for posting so many times on different message boards? The answer seems pretty obvious enough, but it follows with 1. If you become annoying enough with topics started in forums they don't belong in, we will give you a hint by preventing any more results of your "misunderstanding" until you so choose to have it fixed. The usual time is a week, but depending upon the situation, it can be longer.

Again, the Vats can be a good source to see what not to do. If you don't see where the topic was coming from, think of where the post belonged and try every forum BUT that one.

3. (Why do I have this absurd-looking avatar?) Chances are, you got on the bad side of an admin, as they are the only ones able to do such. You probably did something that includes but is not limited to: being an annoying fucktard, posting without any basis or background on the subject, gravedigging (about a year, but much less if the thread has scrolled a bit and the reply doesn't add anything warranting the thread to be brought to the top), giving a moderator grief and/or trolling at them. If you have any problems with what I or any other admin/moderator does, take it up with me.

And, if you have any gripes, please address them in this thread. Seriously, I do care. Really.

Back