Sad but true: Lucasarts running dry?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Whee, I thought when I unpacked my strikingly-shaped present and uncovered a shiny copy of The Escape from Monkey Island. I'm quite an adventure gamer, and a chance like this doesn't come by very often these days, so a thanks session and a full install later I was sitting there, plodding Guybrush awkwardly around with my keyboard, groaning.

Believe me when I say that MI4 is drudgery. The fizzle of the previous games is completely lost and just positioning Guybrush in that right spot is a game in itself. This game just sucks. Bah, I'm too lazy to bring up all my points now, so someone just reply here and I'll come up with something to back myself up.

----
RUNE, the Arch-Norwegian
----

Bush is a chick
Albright's a guy
This poem is sick
And so am I

Yeah, but the point is that it's not half as good as MI3.

Oh, and Title*S*? Looks to me that there's only ONE title being developed over there. With around 15 different subtitles.

----
RUNE, the Arch-Norwegian
----

Bush is a chick
Albright's a guy
This poem is sick
And so am I

All others sucked?! What about Sam&Max,Fullthrottle,Day of the Tentacle,Grim Fandango etc?

>All others sucked?! What about Sam&Max,Fullthrottle,Day
>of the Tentacle,Grim Fandango etc?

Afterlife as well.

All the above are the only good things about them.

Once they went into full Windows programming, their quality sure started to lip-lock the sphincter of bad games.

One night my wife (married young, don`t do it ;-) ) woke me and said "I´m having the baby, wake up, f#$",f#$%" (dramatic, really dramatic :-) ), so i went with her to the place they have the babies (don`t remember the name in english), had to leave her there cause the baby was only born much later, so they told me i couldn`t sleep over and had to go out until the morning.
The thing is i went home and drunk beer and played indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis (now you get it :D ) until morning.

Great lucasarts games still give me fond memories, i have lots of stories that i remember with "oh that was the time of sam and max" or "that was before grim fandango", but too many good people left the company, and George Lucas knows so much more of rights, royalties and technology than games, they´re only interested in bad licences with the star wars name, a shame, really :-(

"shichisho hokoku"

I actually enjoyed MI4, but the only other one I've played in the series was the first one, so I'm not exactly an expert on the series.

Will... you should get your hands on MI3. Nuff said.

----
RUNE, the Arch-Norwegian
----

Bush is a chick
Albright's a guy
This poem is sick
And so am I

Exactly. More than a year ago, when I read that George Lucas was directing Episode 1, I instinctively knew that the movie would absorb heavily. The first movie (the now so-called Ep 4) was pretty good, but George Lucas today is a drooling old freak of a skinflinty mogul. Other guys directed Ep 5 and 6. Not that they were better than Ep 4, but... I'm ranting.

----
RUNE, the Arch-Norwegian
----

Bush is a chick
Albright's a guy
This poem is sick
And so am I

I think MI4 is a good game. And i have played both number 1 and number 3 previously.

Back