Fallout 2 mod save game won't work: Fo2 restoration project

The_Comedian

First time out of the vault
everytime I try to start a savegame the game crashes and I get a message pop up saying "the instruction at 004f11db referenced at 00000010 / the memory could not be read from" does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

I've had this happen to me a few times. Something corrupted the save file, but I forget what the exact cause is, maybe something to do with PROTO files. I don't think there's really anything you can do with it, at least I couldn't, so you'd either have to start from a new save file, or start over, unfortunately. I've had to learn the hard way a long time ago to always have multiple save files in the slots, especially when going into new areas, or missions. You never know if something can screw up.

I've had this happen to me a few times. Something corrupted the save file, but I forget what the exact cause is, maybe something to do with PROTO files. I don't think there's really anything you can do with it, at least I couldn't, so you'd either have to start from a new save file, or start over, unfortunately. I've had to learn the hard way a long time ago to always have multiple save files in the slots, especially when going into new areas, or missions. You never know if something can screw up.
yeah but literally all my saves are like that and it’s only the saves on my other computer the originals work fine

That's strange. Was the game saves done originally on the other computer?

Back