Scene from Fallout TV show

Sn1p3r187

Carolinian Shaolin Monk

Speech check failed successfully. In all honesty. The makeup design and the sets look pretty damn good won't lie. I'm not against having a more comedy centric Fallout tv show. But the issue lays with Bethesda and their total misinterpretation of the Fallout series story (basically doing to Fallout what Disney did to Star Wars) and general themes while they're too busy making a "theme park" post nuclear wasteland.

Thanks for sharing this! I converted your post into a news item so welcome to the front page :salute:

Walton Goggins is great as always, Dale Dickey too (I think that was her), but everything else about this just looks terrible.
You ain't wrong. I'm just tired of Bethesda and their shenanigans these days. And relating to a comedy centric Fallout series. What do people think Nuka Break was? Shoot so good even Obisidan referenced them in universe

You know what? The older I get, the less I give a damn. Is the show good? Maybe, don’t care.

I still haven’t watched GTA 5 or 6 trailer, Elden Ring DLC and many others.

I just don’t care, I keep an eye on the few things that catch my attention and ignore the rest. FOMO doesn’t affect me, nor does bugthesda's idiocy at this point. Do I want Todd and Emil fired, while a competent team reboots the franchise, like Larian? Definitely.

Will it happen, most likely not. Bugthesda can label the show canon, same as they did 3,4 and 76 and I still wont care. At least indie games still exist.

You know what? The older I get, the less I give a damn. Is the show good? Maybe, don’t care.

I just don’t care, I keep an eye on the few things that catch my attention and ignore the rest. FOMO doesn’t affect me, nor does bugthesda's idiocy at this point. Do I want Todd and Emil fired, while a competent team reboots the franchise, like Larian? Definitely.

Will it happen, most likely not. Bugthesda can label the show canon, same as they did 3,4 and 76 and I still wont care. At least indie games still exist.

The Sigma Gamer:monocle:

Wait.....Larian wants to reboot the Fallout series?

Agreed. Except for the Larian part, beyond making actual CRPGs I don't think they're a good fit for Fallout. Quite frankly, I don't think any game studio nowadays really is, FO was such a product of the 1990s. Maybe get the Fallout Nevada guys armed with a multimillion dollar budget, see what they can do with it and hope that it doesn't corrupt them lol

Agreed. Except for the Larian part, beyond making actual CRPGs I don't think they're a good fit for Fallout. Quite frankly, I don't think any game studio nowadays really is, FO was such a product of the 1990s. Maybe get the Fallout Nevada guys armed with a multimillion dollar budget, see what they can do with it and hope that it doesn't corrupt them lol
it would definitely be something that would have to be crowdfunded. i dont think any gaming studio out there right now would do the series justice with how rampantly shit it all is.

Speaking of crowd funding, I wish Fallout was popular enough for fan films again. The era of New Vegas with the Lanius fan film, NCR fan film, and Nuka Break was great. I'd crowd fund a Fallout fan film.

Wait.....Larian wants to reboot the Fallout series?

I doubt it, but they definitely would do better job than bugthesda. Maybe after Starfield failure, Microsoft will do something, but I doubt it. Too cynical for that.

I doubt it, but they definitely would do better job than bugthesda. Maybe after Starfield failure, Microsoft will do something, but I doubt it. Too cynical for that.
Larian rebooting Fallout would be a godsend. Larian knows how an rpg is supposed to be.

I keep wanting to call him Walter, instead of Walton, bit of a Mandela effect going there (at least for me). Other than voice work, I don't think I've seen much of his acting other than an occasional small role.

I do find it interesting that a lot of characters look like they just came off of a photo shoot. When such things as makeup and hair care products would be scant to non existent. But who would watch something with "ugly" characters.

It's a missed opportunity isn't it? It would have been impactful to have a main character care about their appearance, at the cost of having their increasingly disgruntled gang members scavenge and hoard beauty products (do such things have expiry dates?). The contrast would have worked.

Even Tina Turner's extravagant character looked a bit rugged

1RLKey3.png

This guy has press creases on his spotless trousers like they just came back from dry cleaning

jasQZlH.png

total misinterpretation of the Fallout series story (basically doing to Fallout what Disney did to Star Wars)
people acting like geroge lucas didnt misinterpret stars wars way harder than disney did will always be wild to me. the prequels are a completely new setting. how much more could you possibly fuck up the backstory to star wars

people acting like geroge lucas didnt misinterpret stars wars way harder than disney did will always be wild to me. the prequels are a completely new setting. how much more could you possibly fuck up the backstory to star wars
Star Wars (the original trilogy) was the result of multiple elements, not just Lucas. I know people always credit the editing room, but just looking at the various people instrumental to it's creation... I doubt it would have become the cultural phenomenon without them. If I recall, it seems like there was someone that worked alongside Lucas during the production, though his name escapes me, as well as how he contributed.

I think it might have been Gilbert Taylor, as his Wikipedia article reads: "Taylor found George Lucas an elusive person to consult, leading Taylor to make his own decisions as how to shoot the picture after multiple readings of the script. Differences of opinion between the director and cinematographer led to 20th Century Fox, for whom Taylor had shot The Omen, intervening to retain him on the picture. After the experience of working on Star Wars, Taylor decided he would never work again with Lucas."

Last edited:
Back