Setting Fallout 4 Part 2 (of 2) – On The Road Again!

Manhattan would be tough to beat if you are talking east coast.

Back west, I'd love to see a return to the LA area.

As a midwesterner, I feel the midwest would be relatively boring in a Fallout game.

Izual said:
What I mean is you can personnaly decide to consider things canon or not, the same way some consider the Bible as true facts and some don't, yet both types of people happen to read the book.

I don't consider Fallout 3/NV/4 as canon, but I'll play them anyway. In my head though, when playing these I only see fan fiction, not official writing of history.

Personally, I see New Vegas as canon, not only because I liked it more than 3, but because some of the same people worked on the original games, and even reused story lines that were meant for a 3rd installment. Of course, if you ever want to acknowledge anything new as canon, it's sort of difficult to completely ignore whatever Bethesda puts out, because there will always be some overlap in plot, at least indirectly.

I would say either Texas or New Mexico would be my favorites of the places he lists in the article. Probably New Mexico. It would also be cool to be able to venture South of the border at some point.

I don't really understand why Obsidian is not making the next Fallout game. Bethesda should just make Elder Scrolls stuff and outsource Fallout. They are much better at making big, shallow fantasy games.

HerrMike said:

As a midwesterner, I feel the midwest would be relatively boring in a Fallout game.

Have to agree on the Midwest thing. The only remotely interesting place I can think of would be Chicago, but there isn't much beyond the city itself.

Dunno why we need grand, huge, recognizable locales. I'd love a Fallout game set anywhere if it is was well-written with actually memorable characters.

Jabberwok said:
HerrMike said:

Have to agree on the Midwest thing. The only remotely interesting place I can think of would be Chicago, but there isn't much beyond the city itself.

Detroit.

2nd detroit, & ohio

Funny thing is Detroit is already a wasteland, I wouldn't mind the idea proposed in another post of a non-nuked area for ol motown, with micro economy.

Back