SFall party member control no longer working?

I have experienced that upon dying, your HP may (or it *does*) reach about -990 HP. I have no idea why, but I know that taking damage outside of combat doesn't have that odometer thingy like in EarthBound.

@phobos2077

That might not be the right spot to ask. But are there more Sfall Settings like the SpeedInterfaceCounterAnims, which in my opinion is a huge must have, that are worth considering activating?

Last edited by a moderator:
@phobos2077

That might not be the right spot to ask. But are there more Sfall Settings like the SpeedInterfaceCounterAnims, which in my opinion is a huge must have, that are worth considering activating?

Code:
; 1 - emit light, 0 - disable
ExplosionsEmitLight=1

; controls speed of combat begin/end animations (lower - faster; valid range: 0..65535)
CombatPanelAnimDelay=300
; controls speed of dialog panel animations (lower - faster; valid range: 0..255)
DialogPanelAnimDelay=15

Don't forget you can increase combat movement speed in the original preferences, outside of ddraw.

I would assume that SFALL just adds to the game as is, as phobos said.

I'm having some trouble switching and using weapons, when controlling the characters (Setting: 2) Vic in particular just won't switch to the SMG when it's equipped. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Also, Cassidy seems to be unable to miss with his shotgun no matter the distance. It that right?

Last edited:
I'm having some trouble switching and using weapons, when controlling the characters (Setting: 2) Vic in particular just won't switch to the SMG when it's equipped. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
Also, Cassidy seems to be unable to miss with his shotgun no matter the distance. It that right?
It's because Vic doesn't have animation frames for SMG. This is the same in vanilla game. Check Per's guide for what animations party members have.
Cassidy is just pretty good with small guns, and shotguns have the effect to increase ToHit chance. Plus, shotgun shells can reduce target's AC, making them harder to dodge attacks.

Last edited:
Cassidy is just pretty good with small guns, and shotguns have the effect to increase ToHit chance. Plus, shotgun shells can reduce target's AC, making them harder to dodge attacks.

The problem with controlling your companions is that your character's tagged skills are 'transferred' to your companions. So if you tagged Small Guns, Cassidy's Small Guns skill easily reaches 300% when he levels up. This means 95% hit chance to the eyes at weapon max distance even at night almost all the time.

Note that you also transfer perks/traits to your companions, eg. bonus move, rate of fire and fast shot. So a fully leveled Vic/Sulik with 2 bonus moves, bonus rate of fire and fast shot = moving 4 spaces and firing a pistol 6 times per turn!

Controlling companions is like playing with super heros which for me completely breaks the game combat. You should be able to eliminate all your enemies on the first turn without getting hit at all.

Controlling companions is like playing with super heros which for me completely breaks the game combat. You should be able to eliminate all your enemies on the first turn without getting hit at all.
For me, the problem is that it's just too annoying to be worthy. Every once in a while it's useful to have them controlled directly, but most of the time I wouldn't care.

For me, the problem is that it's just too annoying to be worthy. Every once in a while it's useful to have them controlled directly, but most of the time I wouldn't care.
Well, I wouldn't mind being able to toggle direct companion control either. Too bad I prefer to keep my buddies alive as though they were Fire Emblem units.

Back