So you can reduce radiation level by taking shower?

Discussion in 'Fallout RPG Gameplay & Tech' started by Generic Dude 2.0, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Generic Dude 2.0

Generic Dude 2.0 First time out of the vault

Apr 19, 2010
    During another caravan run from Redding to NCR we were ambushed by a bunch of wanamingos and I ended up with huge dose of radiation. After arriving to NCR I went to a BoS safe house to rest and heal. I don't know why, but every time I see a shower in this game, I have to take it. I just undress and stand under the shower for ten-twenty minutes. I always did this, since 1999, when I first played F2. But this time was different. After resting for 10 minutes under the shower I got "you lost 50 current radiation level" message, and after 20 more minutes - another 75 rad points.
    So what is it? Original feature or something that was added in Restoration Project? I'm sure I've never seen this before.
    I mean, the shower is just a part of scenery, right? How could game even tell if I'm taking a shower or not.

2. Generic Dude 2.0

Apr 19, 2010
    Nope, you can not. I simply forgot that I took some Radaway before shower. Sorry, I'm an idiot. Delete this thread please.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Slippy sloppy, The

Sep 11, 2010
    Wait... You can take showers in Fallout 2?

4. Generic Dude 2.0

Apr 19, 2010
    Well, you can stand under the shower head and imagine you're taking a shower.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. eissa

eissa Artanis "Altáriel" Nerwen Nos Finwe

Jan 7, 2016
    it clean the radioactive fallout so why not?